Wearing boots in cab

How many wear their boots while driving?

Getting hacked off with the amount of crap being brought into the truck…so seriously looking at leaving boots in the side locker…

What do you all wear instead?

I don’t.Trainers on once i’m ready to go.

im a week at a time in England/scotland, so my lorry is my home, i keep a good pair of boots for when im off duty, and a work pair which i kick off and set on the steps at the door, ive a tailor made set of mats which when keep clean are very nice on the feet :slight_smile:

Muddy boots on FTW. I drive a day cab RORO in Scotland though. Try to keep it reasonably clean otherwise.

I hate mess in the cab. My boots stay on the top step.
I wear slippers in the winter and just socks when its warmer.

I keep them on. Multi drop work you see. Only bit of cab that is allowed to be dirty.

P222:

Have you got the feet of a small child■■?

Mine aren’t exactly huge, but you could only get one of my boots on the top step!

F-reds:

P222:

Mine aren’t exactly huge, but you could only get one of my boots on the top step!

i put one boot on each step, tho it can be a little hard getting them on and off on a wet day

From the way so many vehicles are driven it seems that the working boots come off and the racing boots go on!

Boots stay on as I do local work. Muddy or not, it’s a works vehicle treated no different than our diggers.

FFS, what next?

Which of your trouser legs do you put on first when you get dressed?? I do my right leg first, but I understand that some people might do their left…

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dosn’t really matter, that does not affect how clean the truck is kept,

the fella just asked how to keep the mats cleaner in the truck, so i told him kicking the boots of on the step is best, hence that way he may be able to keep a cleaner truck. :wink:

A throwback to my Euro days I do boots off and Dutch trucker shoes/clacks on when driving.
When my girl was little she used to say ‘Daddy why do you always wear ladies shoes when driving’ :laughing:

BTW right leg first mostly :smiley:

robroy:
BTW right leg first mostly :smiley:

I misjudged you.

I assumed from your username you were a “skirt and no knickers” man :grimacing:

Multidrop so the boots stay on.

F-reds:

P222:

Size 13. They both fit on the top step in my 4 series Scania.

yep boot off when I am driving, they stay on the top step. I don’t wear my boots in my house at the weekend, so I don’t wear them in my house during the week. They stay on the top step and a comfy pair of leather flip flops go on.

Always makes me laugh when someone has to move a bit and get out of cab, boots on get out, back in, boots off, out again, boots back on, and so on,
I wonder how you would go on in a crash and your feet got trapped, with no boots on squashed feet! !!
No compensation. Not wearing PPE.

ppes more of an on site type thing, and crushed feet would probably be worse with your boots on, the force of that kind of impact to do that type damage id be more worried about the steering wheel stuck in my guts )