Waving at your work mate

Why do some drivers get a bit upset if you do not return the wave,with a large fleet of trucks that it is in the hundreds or more,and you do not know the driver,is there a point to it,will he/she get offended,there was a message on my phone that asked why another driver did not put his hand up.
A small family owned firm is ok,where you know who you are saluting to,but the big firms,you may never see the driver for 6 months to a year,if not ever again.

Can’t be looking for and waving to trucks coming t’other way all the time, there you are looking at and waving to him and sod me the last remaining totty who dresses to please has just cruised passed unchecked…keep your priorities driver… :wink:

If you passed the same driver in the yard would you speak to him/her: “Good morning”, “alright mate”, or whatever, even though didn’t know him/her?

And if you did, would you be offended if he/she didn’t reply?

So what’s the difference?

A wave is like a smile or a greeting, the giver and the receiver both benefit and it costs nothing. It would be a sad, lonely old world if we were only friendly with the people we know.

There’s my ha’peth.

i like it when i’m driving a plain motor, i wave at everyone.
their confused faces are great. :smiley:

limeyphil:

Its the same when you have a crash helmet on, wave at someone in the street and it is fun watching them look, wondering who was on that bike?

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:

Its the same when you have a crash helmet on, wave at someone in the street and it is fun watching them look, wondering who was on that bike?

Somebody done that to me once :frowning:

try window licking, especially when a left ■■■■■■ comes past. :smiley:

stobart drivers make me laugh when they flash each other like they either seen um before.

I like driving with my right eye closed and my mouth slightly open, head right back in the head rest. drivers passing think I’m asleep at the wheel. that’s shocks them lol

Jack-knife:
stobart drivers make me laugh when they flash each other like they either seen um before.

It’s just polite and sociable.

I wave at everybody then randomly flash and wave frantically just to confuse some of them even more :laughing:

u must change your headlight bulbs every day

Jack-knife:

does it make you laugh when jack Richardson drivers flash each other or maybe Malcolm drivers or even Norbert Dallytangle drivers, why do only Stobart Driver make you laugh?, is it the way they flash do they have a secret type of flash we dont know about?

no just stobarts

I’M Beginning to see the advantage of having frilly curtains and sitting right back in the chair, waving at your workmates can be tedious especially when you work at a big firm :smiley:

A quick wave back is just a bit of common courtesy. Whether you do it depends on how you were brought up :wink:
And I always toot and wave at a crowded bus stop. Normally see at least 3 hands start to raise then quickly drop back down :stuck_out_tongue:

Jack-knife:

Never thought they might be talking hands free on Bluetooth headsets :grimacing: it’s banned at stobarts! Not even allowed to talk to your mates at different depots for two mins! :grimacing: :grimacing:( MIS ) management chasing you off, ex- drivers who should know better ( Stoke, Appleton and crick ) it’s becoming a dictatorship :unamused: :imp: :bulb: but us DRIVERS will have the last laugh at THEIR expense! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I like that idea of pretending you’re asleep at the wheel although you’ll have to make sure it’s not that police truck coming alongside you might have a job convincing them you are not sleep

Personally with our lads I go for the knee-on-wheel-both-arms-out-window-thums-up approach.

OVLOV JAY:
A quick wave back is just a bit of common courtesy. Whether you do it depends on how you were brought up :wink:
And I always toot and wave at a crowded bus stop. Normally see at least 3 hands start to raise then quickly drop back down :stuck_out_tongue:

Everyone at Transalliance waved at each other, even though there are about 10 nationalities, all driving MAN with 5000 identical trailers.

I knew about 2 dozen of them and spoke to about half of those. :stuck_out_tongue:

It was easier at Demeulemeester because we knew the big lorry numbers and mine had a name on the roof too.