Waterproof jackets

What do you all use for a waterproof jacket?

I have one that i was given by ND one of those big yellow jackets but i find it to big so im looking for a lightweight one.

Any ideas?

I’ve tried many jackets ,main problem I’ve had has been drying them out,the yellow ones smell eventually when dry,so I got a wax jacket new old stock m&s st Michael made in Romania it’s great !

I do recovery work so need the high vis. But can’t stand the big yellow jackets as I’m quite small and short, but they do bomber jackets and they seem much, much better :slight_smile:

Ive got a wee rollup berghaus one, ive got one of those yellow ones aswell but you cannae move in it. See drivers wearing them all the time aswell.

i have a bomber jacket yellow one, for when its really bad, the highwayman ones just drip the water on your thighs and makes it uncomfortable to drive. I find that a cagoule/kagool is the best bet. They fold inside their own pocket, so lightweight, just like a waterproof skin. and you can put a yellow vest on if the place requires.

you can get them on ebay for about a fiver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Raincoat-Kagool-Kagoule-Kagoul-Cagoule-Lightweight-/120720907208?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item1c1b86dbc8

Barbour wax jackets from hunting shops and cattle market shops.

stuartrobbie:
i have a bomber jacket yellow one, for when its really bad, the highwayman ones just drip the water on your thighs and makes it uncomfortable to drive. I find that a cagoule/kagool is the best bet. They fold inside their own pocket, so lightweight, just like a waterproof skin. and you can put a yellow vest on if the place requires.

you can get them on ebay for about a fiver

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mens-Raincoat-Kagool-Kagoule-Kagoul-Cagoule-Lightweight-/120720907208?pt=UK_Men_s_Coats_Jackets&var=&hash=item1c1b86dbc8

WWK Rain Coat Mac Cagoule Lightweight Kagool New water hood | eBay

They make you sweat like [zb]. When you take them off it’s wetter on the inside than the outside. :open_mouth:

I use an Alpha Industries MA2 or CWU-45 (whatever you call it) with a hi-viz vest over the top. As others have said, the hi-viz jackets and coats are sweaty horrible things, plus they look very dirty very quickly.

The bomber jackets I use are great to drive in and don’t restrict movement. If you try my method, make sure you get a genuine one made by Alpha though, the ones you find in the local market will have no waterproofing qualities and take forever to dry off.

i got one of these in the end millets.co.uk/mens/50008565- … olive.html

folds up nicely to go in my bag, just hope it doesnt make me sweat like a pig while wearing it.

Thanks to all the replys

Dan

Head over to red recovery. When I did recovery I had the 3 in 1 one kept you dry and warm £70 though :frowning: don’t know if you can get them cheaper but the company paid for mine used other thing I used to live in was the hi viz all in one overall much better then a jacket as you don’t end up with back of your legs wet or looking like you had a accident

K5Project:
Head over to red recovery. When I did recovery I had the 3 in 1 one kept you dry and warm £70 though :frowning: don’t know if you can get them cheaper but the company paid for mine used other thing I used to live in was the hi viz all in one overall much better then a jacket as you don’t end up with back of your legs wet or looking like you had a accident

Hey, what a great site. All sorts of interesting goodies, Cheers! :slight_smile:

Scanner:

K5Project:

Hey, what a great site. All sorts of interesting goodies, Cheers! :slight_smile:

RED is good but postage is very steep!! I used to wait until I was passing or get a few guys together to order extra equipment. ( there is parking for trucks on estate)

Dan_1986:

Do what Sailors do, they know about water . . .

Buy a sou’wester, an oilskin and don’t forget to ■■■■ a Fisherman’s Friend.

Just a bin bag for me, can’t afford a posh jacket on a truckers wage :grimacing: :grimacing:

We used to have Fristads jackets on recovery. Warm in the winter and surprisingly waterproof! Problem with proper waterproofs is you get just as wet inside sweating! I favour light weight hi-viz as it dries faster and can be worn over whatever else you want. Air con and heaters mean you dry off quicker than a coat!

I have a berghaus goretex jacket £250 but it’s the dogs wotsits and it’s dry in 15 mins.

I always have a snickers 9038 rain jacket and trousers in the cab with me. Dose the job well just buy a size big to fit over fleece etc.

Dan_1986:

I have one that i was given by ND one of those big yellow jackets but i find it to big so im looking for a lightweight one.

Any ideas?

My mate just bought some cheap 2-piece waterproofs from TOOLSTATION for £6.40.

But note that they only do an elastic waist up to 36 inch.

Great Value. CLICK HERE. [/b]

Dieseldoforme:

That probably means they’re useless to 90% of drivers

peirre:

Dieseldoforme:

That probably means they’re useless to 90% of drivers

I don’t know how some Drivers get behind the wheel. I’m serious.

I feel sorry for them, it must be their glands.