Watching out for bikes again

Found this on a biking site. Not sure what he is going on about and he might have been better concentrating a bit more, also the captions are a bit annoying but i’m pretty sure it’s the drivers fault. youtube.com/watch?feature=pl … ib5euNg4Is

OUCH!, that looked like it hurt BIG TIME.

100% truck driver in the wrong, probably saw the other driver, was judging whether he’d get around him etc…

As a biker, and a trucker, it’s an accident but it’s going to hurt the biker big time and the truck is probably getting without due care or some such charge.

This is why im no longer a biker. :frowning: :angry:

Whats that guy doing moving the bike, why are those people man-handling him, looks like the guys’ trying to pick him up then decides to put him in the recovery position :confused:

So who was the biker guy talking to on the phone?

berewic:
So who was the biker guy talking to on the phone?

Himself maybe…

I feel sorry for the m/c as it one of my worries when i ride, i nearly had that happen to me with a car on my side of the road. 100% the truckers fault tho

I posted this vid here a few days ago to hopefully wake up the knuckle draggers to the fact that maybe they aren’t all ‘Gods’ of the road simply by default . . . I doubt it’s had any effect whatsoever . . .

To answer a few qu’s, he’s not talking to himself, he’s Vblogging. The guy moving the bike & the one manhandling the rider, they are ignorant & know not what they do. Please ensure that you are 100% confidant that if/when you come across an RTA you know what are the right & wrong things to do.

I assure you, it might happen one day !

The rider himself is relatively OK. Battered & bruised but no life changing injuries.

“vblogging”? I thought it was a commentary drive…

But, the truck was at fault, no excuses. But it does make you think.
Now, where are the keys to my bike?

Cheers
Ride and drive safe

Paul

Chas:
I posted this vid here a few days ago to hopefully wake up the knuckle draggers to the fact that maybe they aren’t all ‘Gods’ of the road simply by default . . . I doubt it’s had any effect whatsoever . . .

One of the most sensible things I’ve read here in ages speaking as a lorry driver and a cyclist

humberside.police.uk/newsmed … near-goole

15 year old boy killed in cycle accident. This has struck a little too close to home. My home, for 14 years was The Rose and Crown.

RIP SAM

Chas:

I suspect that knuckle dragger soon realised he wasn’t god when he rode his bike straight into that truck and got himself knocked off.

What was he thinking that he thought he didn’t need to concentrate on the road?

His blog probably.
Typical cyclist, head in ■■■ again.

Wheel Nut:
http://www.humberside.police.uk/newsmedia/fatal-road-traffic-collision---b1230-hull-road-eastrington-near-goole

15 year old boy killed in cycle accident. This has struck a little too close to home. My home, for 14 years was The Rose and Crown.

RIP SAM

RIP for sure but how many of these incidents would be avoided if the police cracked down on cyclists breaking the law?

berewic:
I suspect that knuckle dragger soon realised he wasn’t god when he rode his bike straight into that truck and got himself knocked off.

His blog probably.

Hey moderators, wake up will ya !

Trolls are the new vandals, not happy until they have destroyed the very environment that gives them life.

Chas:

berewic:

His blog probably.

Hey moderators, wake up will ya !

Trolls are the new vandals, not happy until they have destroyed the very environment that gives them life.

Moderator?
I take it you’re the cyclist too busy blogin’ to care about where he was riding.
I guess you found out your not god after all.
Here’s a tip, keep your eyes, ears and TOTAL concentration on the road, that way, you’ll not get YOURSELF knocked off.

berewic:
Moderator?
I take it you’re the cyclist too busy blogin’ to care about where he was riding.
Here’s a tip, keep your eyes, ears and TOTAL concentration on the road, that way, you’ll not get YOURSELF knocked off.

If you ‘watch’ the video, there is actual evidence of defensive riding there. His fatal mistake was not travelling at a speed to minimise his risk if the truck moved once it was too late.

The truck moved. Despite it NOT being the riders fault, it hurt him a lot more than it did the truck driver.

Give me a scenario where this was legally the riders fault, remembering that not everyone here is a knuckledragger.

Knuckledraggerz drive their trucks without a care in the world, they have 44tons behind a 1/2" thick steel bumper to ‘deal’ with the consequences of their mistakes. They don’t have the intelligence to have a conscience & therefore they don’t need to ‘think’ about driving.

You are a troll, I think you’re a troll & everyone here who’s opinion I respect thinks you are a troll also. A troll serves no usefull purpose in society. You are here because you need interaction, any kind of interaction whether it’s positive, negative, whatever. Your life is a desert of intelligent interaction isn’t it?

You once tried being ‘nice’, yet people still ignored you. You have found that being ‘nasty’ provokes a response, any response, a response is all of what you seek.

You have failed abysmally in trying to be accepted, no one ever liked you did they? Not even your parents.

So you have to seek a response by any means available to you, it’s kinda like ‘we’re friends’ if we engage in banter.

We aren’t friends, you’re a troll, we have nothing in common. Please ignore me for the rest of your miserable existence.

Chas:

berewic:
Moderator?

If you ‘watch’ the video, there is actual evidence of defensive riding there. His fatal mistake was not travelling at a speed to minimise his risk if the truck moved once it was too late.

The truck moved. Despite it NOT being the riders fault, it hurt him a lot more than it did the truck driver.

Give me a scenario where this was legally the riders fault, remembering that not everyone here is a knuckledragger.

Knuckledraggerz drive their trucks without a care in the world, they have 44tons behind a 1/2" thick steel bumper to ‘deal’ with the consequences of their mistakes. They don’t have the intelligence to have a conscience & therefore they don’t need to ‘think’ about driving.

You are a troll, I think you’re a troll & everyone here who’s opinion I respect thinks you are a troll also. A troll serves no usefull purpose in society. You are here because you need interaction, any kind of interaction whether it’s positive, negative, whatever. Your life is a desert of intelligent interaction isn’t it?

You once tried being ‘nice’, yet people still ignored you. You have found that being ‘nasty’ provokes a response, any response, a response is all of what you seek.

You have failed abysmally in trying to be accepted, no one ever liked you did they? Not even your parents.

So you have to seek a response by any means available to you, it’s kinda like ‘we’re friends’ if we engage in banter.

We aren’t friends, you’re a troll, we have nothing in common. Please ignore me for the rest of your miserable existence.

I didn`t think I had posted on this topic, but you have me off to a ‘T’ :wink:

Chas:

berewic:
Moderator?

What a horrible, sad little offensive man you are.
Call me a troll will ya’, when it is you that throw the insults, even though you acknowledge the biker could have avoided the incident had he been concentrating on his riding and not on his blog.

berewic:
What a sad little man you are.

You find it difficult to ignore me don’t you?

This tells me that I am right, all you seek is some form of interaction. Any interaction. 'Cos your life is sadly lacking in any kind of meaningful interaction isn’t it?

I bet you don’t even have a friendly relationship with someone as insignificant as a newsagent or a barber. Do you even own a pet?

Did you not once kick that pet 'cos it didn’t like you either?

Do you ever drive Taylors ‘rapid response’ Sprinter van . . . . ?

Are you the chap I have in my mind, who’s missus ran away with your barber?

Does your ugly mug look like 38 skinheads have beaten it with steel toe capped Doc Martins?

Did you once reach the dizzying heights of driver foreman for a company that no one else took seriously, yet you thought they were the dogx bollox?

I know a lot more about than your limited imagination could ever respond to.

Tickle my chin at your peril M8. I know that you have SFA to lose, I’ve already taken it, but I can still find something.

Chas:

berewic:
What a sad little man you are.

You find it difficult to ignore me don’t you?

This tells me that I am right, all you seek is some form of interaction. Any interaction. 'Cos your life is sadly lacking in any kind of meaningful interaction isn’t it?

I bet you don’t even have a friendly relationship with someone as insignificant as a newsagent or a barber. Do you even own a pet?

Did you not once kick that pet 'cos it didn’t like you either?

Do you ever drive Taylors ‘rapid response’ Sprinter van . . . . ?

Are you the chap I have in my mind, who’s missus ran away with your barber?

Does your ugly mug look like 38 skinheads have beaten it with steel toe capped Doc Martins?

Did you once reach the dizzying heights of driver foreman for a company that no one else took seriously, yet you thought they were the dogx bollox?

I know a lot more about than your limited imagination could ever respond to.

Tickle my chin at your peril M8. I know that you have SFA to lose, I’ve already taken it, but I can still find something.

Jesus, you are good, are you sure you don`t know me?