Watching a film whilst driving

Seen this overnight a couple of times recently. Drivers trundling down the the motorway with a tablet device or smart phone balanced on the steering wheel blocking all their dials etc with a film or ■■■■■ or whatever they are watching whilst driving.

What’s our thoughts on that?

When you see high profile accidents where a truck has flattened a car in stationary traffic ahead that the driver failed to see, I think having a film on whilst driving is an absolute disgrace and a disgrace to call yourself a professional driver.

Why did you even bother posting this ? Do you honestly think anyone will say it’s a good idea?

It’s a good idea.

robroy:
It’s a good idea.

Yup, boredom and complacency are killers. Nowt quite like a top notch Hollywood blockbuster to limber up the adrenal glands and keep you on top of your game.

It`s a bad idea.
Obviously risky: Watching ■■■■ leads to industrial injury through RSI.

I frequently watch…

Truck/lorryist/sweaty grunter tutorials on Ytube on the quieter parts of the M25. My driving’s improved no end.

the maoster:

robroy:
It’s a good idea.

Yup, boredom and complacency are killers. Nowt quite like a top notch Hollywood blockbuster to limber up the adrenal glands and keep you on top of your game.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
+1
yep,deffo the done thing.
when your full auto,on cruise,with lane control or not,then it passes the time nicely.
the more interesting part is when the dude in lane 2 is watching it,with another one of us one the lanes on each side of him watching it as well.
wear a party hat and you can keep both hands on the wheel. :slight_smile:

The only time I am not too keen on it is when I’m trying to fry up my tea, you can’t concentrate on the storyline for trying to stop getting burned, and oh yeh, then you’ve got to try and steer into the bargain. :unamused:

Maybe Jakethesnake our resident ‘Advanced driver’’ certificate holder could give us some golden tips, for eg…, when wearing advanced driver’s nubuck leather driving gloves you would not burn your fingers on the fat splashes from the pan. :bulb:

As long as it’s educational like the truck legends Youtube video’s it’s fine with me.

joe royal:
Why did you even bother posting this ? Do you honestly think anyone will say it’s a good idea?

I know the above are just fishing. But yes, I do think some will genuinely think it’s acceptable.

Rowley010:

joe royal:

I know the above are just fishing. But yes, I do think some will genuinely think it’s acceptable.

I would think even those that do it will know it’s not acceptable [emoji57]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

wrighty1:

Rowley010:

joe royal:

You mean the same ones that break the speed limits? The same ones that talk on the phone?
The same ones that travel too close to the vehicle in front? The same ones that elephant race and hog lanes? :wink:

jakethesnake:

wrighty1:

Rowley010:

joe royal:

You mean the same ones that break the speed limits? The same ones that talk on the phone?
The same ones that travel too close to the vehicle in front? The same ones that elephant race and hog lanes? :wink:

Knowing it’s unacceptable and doing it anyway will certainly happen.

Franglais:
It`s a bad idea.

That’s true but think of the biceps you would have :question:

largebloke1969:

Franglais:
It`s a bad idea.

That’s true but think of the biceps you would have :question:

Mine are massive but only on one arm. [emoji2]

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

I cant belive some of you actually think its funny to joke about having your tablet balanced on the steering wheel and watching a movie while driving

Everyone knows you put it behind you so you see the reflection on the windscreen.
This allows you to make a brew and not worry about breaking it or missing an exciting bit when you cant hold the tablet in place and it falls off

^^^^^ tried that once Snowy, bloody subtitles just looked like gibberish though :imp:

the grunts,squeals,moans and the inevitable "i come klare " never needs an interpreter though??

dieseldog999:
the grunts,squeals,moans and the inevitable "i come klare " never needs an interpreter though??

Klare? I thought you was from Derry?

Remember to plug in a pair of quality in-ear headphones or you will be missing a lot of the fun.