Watch out in north wales!

if any1 coming into north wales via the a55 look out! vosa are riding with the police catching speeding lorries! any1 caught doing 56 will be stopped and booked! vosa with the police r stopping nearly every lorry on the limiter. limit is 50mph!!! they also patroling minor roads of 40mph limit for hgv’s also speed camera vans are booking people for not wearing saftey belts i know of 8 hgv drives that have been caught without belts on. :angry: just be aware thats all!!!

I’ve only been on this forum for 2 minutes, the 3 posts Ive read are about Police doing you for doing 56 on dual carriageway, VOSA not securing your pallets with straps and a Police truck that catches you if you are doing something as subtle as sneezing ! What a joke this industry is becoming. Would love to see were the industry will be in 20 years right now !

Kerbdog:
I’ve only been on this forum for 2 minutes, the 3 posts Ive read are about Police doing you for doing 56 on dual carriageway, VOSA not securing your pallets with straps and a Police truck that catches you if you are doing something as subtle as sneezing ! What a joke this industry is becoming. Would love to see were the industry will be in 20 years right now !

Was just thinking the same thing Kerbdog, its so regulated now its getting so its not worth doing the job anymore

toowise:

Kerbdog:

Was just thinking the same thing Kerbdog, its so regulated now its getting so its not worth doing the job anymore

That’s why I’m a hobby trucker, and don’t envy the proper ones at all at the moment.

Money money money…a lot of car drivers have got the message now as far as speeding is concerned, so now they look for another source of income.
And around the country they must be coining it in.
Im all for clamping down on badly maintained trucks,overloading, hours etc, but 56 on a dual is just easy money for them.
It’s true…“job aint worth doing anymore”.

I was only saying to 'er indoors the other day, that I’d hate driving a lorry over there nowadays. The ‘great’s’ certainly been ripped out of Britain !

Well us average working folks are trying to live a normal life, the muggers, immigrants, joy riders chavs and smackheads will have a free run for a couple of months,since all the authorities are after the working man again. Just because they can trace us in the system to pay fines etc.

The UK police have totally lost the plot with Joe Public! Here they are once again going for easy prey while the more dangerous tasks get sidelined, the night time truck load and diesel thefts, thier only advice be to use a MSA or truckstop. If the W Mids police want to get into trucking in thier new R series then as someone has already suggested they’d do well to park in known crime spots and try and catch Peter ■■■■■ in the act! Remember this when the clowns in blue appeal to us to help them solve another Crimewatch mystery, they havn’t a clue!

short walk:
Remember this when the clowns in blue appeal to us to help them solve another Crimewatch mystery, they havn’t a clue!

They may well have a clue… but who’s the easiest meat ?

I use the A55 a lot, and Ive not seen this activity, a good mate of mine trains the traffic plod in pursuit driving, so has his finger on the pulse, and he knows nothing about a crack down…

VOSA at Ewloe, are and will be for the forseeable future ‘active’, the only thing in the North West at the moment is a big check over a fortnight on load security, where even ‘green light’ companies will be getting a tug.

back to the A55, max limit is 50 for HGV, not 56, how much clearer does it have to be■■?

Coddy:
I use the A55 a lot, and Ive not seen this activity, a good mate of mine trains the traffic plod in pursuit driving, so has his finger on the pulse, and he knows nothing about a crack down…

VOSA at Ewloe, are and will be for the forseeable future ‘active’, the only thing in the North West at the moment is a big check over a fortnight on load security, where even ‘green light’ companies will be getting a tug.

back to the A55, max limit is 50 for HGV, not 56, how much clearer does it have to be■■?

So your a good driverthen, you have never or dont do 56 on a dual carriagway then? :unamused:

check this out in north wales paper
dailypost.co.uk/news/north-w … -25665378/

there was another artical in that paper saying they were riding with the police to stop lorries taxis etc…

ill try and find

denbighshirevisitor.com/news … -25142060/

flintshirechronicle.co.uk/fl … -25698888/

this is the one i been looking for!!!

I got tugged last week on the A55 for apparently being on the phone,
I was given the option of fixed penalty there and then or to go to court, I opted for the latter.
Details were ‘taken’ on a pad and not in the book, phones were not confiscated for evidence even though I did offer, and no rights warning or caution was given to me.
I am currently awaiting my letter so I can go to court and laugh at Mr Policeman for being ■■■■ at his job.

Just to add, I wasnt even on the phone, and the records from my phone and the work phone will prove that,
Didnt use the works phone that day and used mine 3 hours previous via Bluetooth.

ye i got done on phone by em :imp: had to admit it cos i was on the phone!

simon2279:
ye i got done on phone by em :imp: had to admit it cos i was on the phone!

:laughing: :stuck_out_tongue:

Yup i was on the A55 earlier, and there was Mr. VOSA in the lay by on the other side looking very closely at me as i ‘flew’ past doing 56. Did i ease off? No. I had to Ride Like the Wind til i got to the border with Mexico. Er… England. :blush: Which was just down the road.

**** me you all know the rules and yet you you still moan, 50 on a dual 40 on a single 60 on the M way, and turn of the ******* front fog lights, professional drivers my arse if it’s to much to take in **** *** and do something else and stop making the rest of us looking like amateurs.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: