Watch out in north wales!

mike68:
**** me you all know the rules and yet you you still moan, 50 on a dual 40 on a single 60 on the M way, and turn of the ******* front fog lights, professional drivers my arse if it’s to much to take in **** *** and do something else and stop making the rest of us looking like amateurs.

Do you really think that the 6mph extra is such a real crime on the A55 ? Maybe around Colwyn Bay or Mold area’s but not for most of it. Just like the A75. Some parts of that road are wide enough to be 3 lanes each way for miles upon miles, they are also straight as a ruler with no junctions, 40mph is too slow in a modern truck on that type of road. The speed limits were set years ago and haven’t evolved like the trucks. Also, take a look at how dangerous Mr. car or Mr. van driver become when they are stuck behind you doing 40mph on a road they can do 60mph on. They take a lot more risks and safety goes out of the window when they can’t wait any longer to get past you.

god im sick of these do godders who go on bout the rules 50 on a dual 40 on a single show me someone who says theyve never done 56 on a dual carrigeway and il show you a liar !!!

Kerbdog:

mike68:
**** me you all know the rules and yet you you still moan, 50 on a dual 40 on a single 60 on the M way, and turn of the ******* front fog lights, professional drivers my arse if it’s to much to take in **** *** and do something else and stop making the rest of us looking like amateurs.

Do you really think that the 6mph extra is such a real crime on the A55 ? Maybe around Colwyn Bay or Mold area’s but not for most of it. Just like the A75. Some parts of that road are wide enough to be 3 lanes each way for miles upon miles, they are also straight as a ruler with no junctions, 40mph is too slow in a modern truck on that type of road. The speed limits were set years ago and haven’t evolved like the trucks. Also, take a look at how dangerous Mr. car or Mr. van driver become when they are stuck behind you doing 40mph on a road they can do 60mph on. They take a lot more risks and safety goes out of the window when they can’t wait any longer to get past you.

Certainly, 40 on a lot of roads is too slow but we don’t make the rules if you get nicked the only person to blame is yourself. I do lots of my driving at night and i stick to 40 but if i see another truck behind me I make every effort to let them pass I get paid by the hour so why do myself out of money.“if it takes ages it’s in the wages”.

Kerbdog:

mike68:

Well the law says 50, so to my mind that means 50…

You are most prob right an extra 6mph means sod all, after all you must save ohhhh 6 minutes (if that an hour)
BUT we dont make the rules, and VOSA enforce them, so they can earn cash, now to my mind again, I aint paying VOSA a penny, I dont want points on MY license, not now, Ive grown up…

20 years ago, it was different, I could do Southwaite services and back from Kent in a night, the good old days have gone, and it really is time for drivers to buck thier ideas up, otherwise the rules, regulations are going to get even tougher…

20 year

vosa are stopping vehicles on A roads now and checking the 40 speed limit on the tacho and booking them.

jonmea:
vosa are stopping vehicles on A roads now and checking the 40 speed limit on the tacho and booking them.

I didn’t think they could do that? If a tacho cannot be used in defense of a speeding summons, how can it be used in evidence for one?

mike68:

Completely agree…maybe then I’ll be able to get a job! :wink:

If you’re not happy in the job, please leave and let someone else, who is happy to abide by all the rules, have a go. :exclamation:

jonmea:

Your talking out of your arse.

Coddy:

Kerbdog:

mike68:

Well the law says 50, so to my mind that means 50…

You are most prob right an extra 6mph means sod all, after all you must save ohhhh 6 minutes (if that an hour)
BUT we dont make the rules, and VOSA enforce them, so they can earn cash, now to my mind again, I aint paying VOSA a penny, I dont want points on MY license, not now, Ive grown up…

20 years ago, it was different, I could do Southwaite services and back from Kent in a night, the good old days have gone, and it really is time for drivers to buck thier ideas up, otherwise the rules, regulations are going to get even tougher…

20 year

Coddy
Me thinks you want to practice what you preach,In one of your post’s you brag about a bike of yours doing 180 on the M2 :open_mouth: So to quote you,the law says 70 max for cars/bikes on a M/way, not 180 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’m a regular on the A55 UK/Ireland monday - thursday I will say that I sit at 55mph all the time never had any problems and those of you on the A41 watch out Police carrying out speed checks.

Felix :slight_smile:

well i been reading some posts on this thread. I only started the thread to warn people what vosa are doin in my area. people choose to believe it or not upto them. vosa and the police are on a major crack down here in north wales. mainly foriegn lorries but any1 not wearing seatbelts or speeding will be booked if caught. foreign or no t ! good luck! :unamused:

north-wales.police.uk/nwpv2/ … d=PR841794

have gone, and it really is time for drivers to buck thier ideas up, otherwise the rules, regulations are going to get even tougher…

20 year
[/quote]
Coddy
Me thinks you want to practice what you preach,In one of your post’s you brag about a bike of yours doing 180 on the M2 :open_mouth: So to quote you,the law says 70 max for cars/bikes on a M/way, not 180 :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:
[/quote]
Work and pleasure are two different things, the 180 mph I spoke about was actually on a ride out with the Kent Motorcycle cops, off duty of course, Work wise is a profession, and as such I now conduct it in a professional manor, I dont get paid enough to take chances now, plus the company tells us not to speed, its one of the few jobs where there is no pressure on the driver at all.

The bike, thats my toy, its my escape from the pro life, if I get caught on that, its my risk, I accept that.

So for this a lorry drivers forum, yes I stick to the rules, rigidly…

Now will you lot stop nit picking, coz you really are getting petty… :unamused: Oh by the way, the A2 is not a Motorway, its a DC, and a bit bumpy at 180. M2 is better,

B1 GGK:

jonmea:

No he isnt.
There have been a few drivers that have been done in the past for an SP10.
Straight out of the oc and on the limiter , when the only road for miles has been a single c/w. . ie
40 mph limit. - Didnt a well respected family firm from the Wisbech area get in the ■■■■ over this a while back ?

Suedehead:

B1 GGK:

jonmea:

No he isnt.
There have been a few drivers that have been done in the past for an SP10.
Straight out of the oc and on the limiter , when the only road for miles has been a single c/w. . ie
40 mph limit. - Didnt a well respected family firm from the Wisbech area get in the [zb] over this a while back ?

25 HGV’s were done in a morning on the A5 at Oswestry, nice wide A Road, temptation is strong, well it was for them, they got nicked…In fairness that was not Vosa but the Scamera van.

They (Vosa) are cracking down big time, hopefully soon they will move on the cars, minus Brake/Head lights, sat navs in the middle of the screen etc… :unamused:

Yep i can vouch for A55 checks. Just come back to work after 3 weeks off. One of our drivers has been caught end of january
wearing no seat belt. not stopped at the time but found out after the offence… Be warned folks

I would activly support the police crackdown in N.Wales if they done it in proportion with normal policing.
If your caught speeding 4 times because of a clamp down on A55 then you lose the right to be on the road. However if in Queensferry you break your ASBO 4 times then one, you will be lucky to be caught and two, you will not lose your right to be on the streets.
Police are losing friends with this stuff why dont they sit in crime hotspots for hours on end waiting for a ‘victim’.

My mates view on this is that the Police morale in Wales is at an all time low, thanks to the antics of Brunstrom, they (the Police) know they have lost a huge amount of public support, since Brunstrom has retired there has been a marked decrease in the amount of camera vans hiding up in the usual hotspots, there will be activity of them around Easter when the tourists start to arrive, and there will be a low key lookout for the bikes that take the pee, NWP know thats Brunstroms antics cost the tourist industry a lot of £££ with folk staying away because of the zero tolarance reputation.
The Police will tend to turn a blind eye to the trucks doing 52/54, so long as the driver aint reading a paper, eating spagetti etc, BUT VOSA wont, so its down to the individual/s…

Of course, one could go to court and argue that 56 does not fall within the ACPO guidelines for prosecution (10%+2mph) especially if being prosecuted by Scamera’s or the Police.

Do VOSA have the legal authority to bring proceedings for Speeding on their own?

Finally, do VOSA only have a remit for LGV/PCV’s? Or are they supposed to cover all motor vehicles? If so, then there would be an interesting discussion to be had around Human Rights and unfair persecution due to choice of employment. Ah, but i forgot that the UK refused to sign Protocol 12 which would have covered this.

By rights VOSA ‘should’ cover ALL motor vehicles, as when your car/bike goes for its MOT it is done via VOSA, look at the printed paperwork…

Quite possibly it will come, lets face it, with the amount of cars with blown bulbs, sat navs in screen, heavily tinted windows etc, there must be a rich seam of income from them…