Waste of time posting vacancies

Due to the following Pm I will not be wasting my time trying to hrlp people in future find jobs:-

<Rule 8>

This site is rapidly becoming a waste of time trying to post anyway. This’ll probably get removed.

have you not read the rule about posting the details of PM’s?

or does this not apply to you? :unamused:

Like everything else i haven’t read the small print, forgive me for highlighting why my posts had been removed some of which had been viewed over 200 times!

Possibly making the forum unreadable for some reason, ask him.

Any chance you could find me a cracking job, Glasgow area, nae ■■■■■ though. lol

Oh dear, this is gonna end in tears :cry: :cry: :cry:

Who’s Denis?

Not going to end in tears and the forum was more than readable as stated above more than 200 people had looked at some of the vacancies. All I had done was try to help find work or a different job. Obviously this website does not encourage drivers helping drivers in this manner

Eckyboy:
Who’s Denis?

somekind of moderator, somekind of summat I’d say

well thank goodness for that, all you posted were adverts from agencies all over the country, people can find these non existant vacancies for themselves from the same website that you constantly replicated
well done dennis

Not a single one of them jobs that I posted were from agencies the majority of them I actually phoned up and asked about the job before making my excuses and saying i would send in required CV etc

Posting of PMs is a big no no on here.
As for your ads, I looked at 2 and found them to be agency bollox so didn’t look at anymore. Nice thought though.

Edit,
Ummmmm was sure I read a couple of agency crap, soz if I was wrong. Ummmmm strange.

Which ones were agency I spent ages going through the jobs with jobcentreplus and with the vacancies from other websites I rang them where there were numbers!!!

Norfolknewbie:
Not a single one of them jobs that I posted were from agencies the majority of them I actually phoned up and asked about the job before making my excuses and saying i would send in required CV etc

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Norfolknewbie:

Seriously, going right out your way there.

Wish you lived up here my dog needs a regular walk. lol

Norfolknewbie:
Due to the following Pm I will not be wasting my time trying to hrlp people in future find jobs:-

<Rule 8>

You shouldn’t disclose a private message on the forum, the clue is in the word “private”. :wink:

Having said that, you have posted links to decent jobs which could be of enormous help to TruckNet members. I hope some compromise can be found here.

Norfolknewbie:

Eckyboy:
Who’s Denis?

somekind of moderator, somekind of summat I’d say

If it makes you feel any better I was one of the posters who reported you to Denis F so don’t be too harsh on him.

The forum boards were getting blocked up with nationwide vacancies all of which could be found by anyone with a computer and a vague idea of using a search engine.

I looked at several of them and didn’t find many, if any that were genuine advertisements.

At the top of the driver vacancy thread it mentions this:

All Ads must have
The company name
Area in which the driver is required
The Wage paid (By the hour… or weekly)
Type of work
Contact Name and Number/E-Mail

The vacancy thread is ideal for a small employer like Shuttle or Globby etc to advertise a vacancy, but if the agencies and brokers want to advertise, let them pay for the space in a flash advert, most of which pass me by because of the pop up blockers I use.

How about putting a list of jobs for one area in a single post? rather than a single job on a thread you cannot even reply to.

I’ve only seen two vacancies advertised at my local joke shop since the start of the year. One of them was at the local nobbies, and the other was for castleton. There’s the ones on here like Swains in Strood who specifically don’t want agencies involved, but at the end of the day a job is only a job if it pays the mortgage. :frowning:

Less than £26k in the home counties doesn’t, so it might well be a waste of time advertising jobs paying less in this part of the world. Not that I want to appear ungrateful or anything! :neutral_face:

Jobseekers plus is full of ads from agencies, and isn’t worth the first pass you make when first seeing their so-called list. There are also scam ads and all the outed mickey mouse firms talked of on here trying to fleece hapless drivers out of their money with schemes involving everything from paying per shift right upto giving them a grand in the “hope” they might have some work for you after completing their worthless induction course. :angry: :angry:

Perhaps I might suggest that all FT vacancies talk of the total range of pay one gets (ie include the minimum!!) rather than just state things like “upto £450” or whatever.

That’s like saying “Anyone sending me a £50 note will result in me sending them upto £100 by return of post.”

Imagine the disappointment when you get a fiver in a cheap envelope instead of the anticipated double-up! :smiling_imp:

Just continue to post them in the vacancies section of the forum, that’s what it’s there for, don’t post them in the main drivers forum though as it clogs the board. Just ignore the pm’s if they’re being arsey, some people would want you to do the job for them as well. :unamused:

Fair play for trying to help people though. Just don’t get too carried away…

I was made redundant a couple of months ago and because of someone on here posting a job vacancy will be starting a new job very soon.

If a good (genuine) job oppurtunity is posted on here, surely it should stay. After all BY DRIVERS FOR DRIVERS.