Waste of time posting vacancies

Firstly, thanks to Norfolknewbie for taking the trouble to post those vacancies

To be honest when I saw all the vacancies posted by Norfolknewbie I was sceptical, thinking someone was probably posting a load of agency crap I checked 5 or 6 of them and never found a single agency advert, as far as I could see they were genuine job vacancies.

The only way those posts could be a nuisance to anyone is if you check these forums by searching for the new posts in which case they would take up plenty of room on the pages.

To stop this happening again perhaps it would be a good idea to take the vacancies forum out of the new posts search, I imagine that could be done with a little modification to the code.
I would have thought that anyone looking for a job is more likely to check the vacancies forum rather than scrolling through all the other posts anyway.

I can’t see the problem myself. Norfolknewbie took the time and effort to post trying to help others. Good on you I say.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

I for one was a bit miffed at the vacancies clogging up the ‘view new post’ results, however like Tacho I looked at a few and they seemed to be genuine.

Credit to Norfolk for taking the time to sift through them to find genuine vacancies, not an easy task as anyone knows who’s looked at the jobcentre website (or whatever it’s called nowadays).

Maybe there could be some compromise between the admin and Norfolk (should he wish to continue), as I understand posts are deleted after 14 days in that forum anyhow, but like Tacho says maybe exclude that forum from the ‘view new posts’ results.

It would be a shame if we were to lose the sterling efforts of a dedicated member because the rules/forum could not be modified for a niche that wasn’t foreseen.

1. At least some of those vacancies copied here were from a website that people pay to place their vacancies. That website will not be happy we have copied their customers details and giving advertising for free. If nothing else it is unethical for a company to do this to a rival.

2. The vacancies forum was set up for users of this website to give other members here a chance to advertise their jobs for free or to look for vacancies… It was never intended to be a free for all. If companies want to advertise their vacancies we do have very agreeable rates… FREE is not one of them.
    The hard facts are this website is part of a business, our business model relies on advertising including recruitment advertising.

3. We have over the last couple years, acknowledging the hard times, “overlooked” the odd Jobcentre ad posted by members… but when it starts to overtake ads from members we have to call a halt. 70+ ads was too much. I dont particularly want to crack down too hard on the vacancies forum but will have to if it gets out of hand

Sorry guys but the vacancy forum is a perk of being a member here… If companies want to advertise their vacancies here they can either join for free or contact one of the sales team.

I checked a few Vacancies as it looked like spamming but they were all from Companies and not Agencies i’ve checked.
Found it as help as its hard work to pick out Companies from Millions of Agencies.
Now then.Someone who has a save Job doesn’t knows the Hassle Bills queueing up during no income is in sight and every single Add could be helpfull.
Lost myselfe a few Add.One was a german company with a Base in Swindon looking for a driver (no ADR),and may employ easily a Brit.But Add was deleted.
Anywhy,hadn’t my Reading Glasses when i checked the small print.my mistake,but someone would have been happy for that Work

Rikki, ok, this is your website and we don’t really have a say.
Who benefits from jobs advertised on here? The members cos you have to be a member to view them. If ‘we’ can get a headstart on new jobs what’s up with that?
Is this just about revenue and nothing to do with helping the members?

:neutral_face:

It’s all about the folding! :unamused:

Like any company, if we dont make a profit we go out of business.
A transport companies business model involves moving goods from A-B, it makes money from that and pays a wage to its employees… Its how business works :unamused: :unamused: any transport company that transports goods from A-B for nothing will go out of business

Our business model relies on advertising but we do allow a limited amount of free adverts to benefit members, giving it all away for nothing would soon mean we would go the same way as a transport company delivering goods for free.

I understand what you are saying Rikki, but this site is chocka with spam ads, these don’t do anything for the members but job ads may help.
WTF does “by drivers, for drivers” mean? For drivers, ummmmm don’t believe ya.

I understand what you are saying Rikki, but this site is chocka with spam ads, these don’t do anything for the members

They help pay the bills, and keep this site online- thats a benefit to the members. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Rikki-UK:
Our business model relies on advertising but we do allow a limited amount of free adverts to benefit members, giving it all away for nothing would soon mean we would go the same way as a transport company delivering goods for free.

Yep,thats Business.Its just as it is and we understand

I know what you’re gonna be told…Something about the door’s whereabouts I believe! :unamused:

Thank goodness the immigrant deleted some of his illegible spam, phew, it was a lot of …
Mr V, yep, you said it. Teddies, prams, my way, the highway, all meabs much the same thing. Saddos.

I looked through a dozen of those job adverts. Every ad that I looked at was copied and pasted straight off the jobseekers web site or another free job site. So anyone who was looking for work using a computer should have already seen them.
What might have been more useful would be a link to any of those sites portals, for searching your own job out. Are we all too lazy or stupid to manage that for ourselves? Or do we now need someone to go through a few sites to find out what jobs are available for us ?

immigrant:
I think its the wrong Rule to let a 10 or 15 post as they like,Moderators assault Members who post anything against a big Company and even publish Private data and Members Personal details to let big Companies knowing who says what

What are you on about :question:
Moderators do not assault anyone who posts against a big company. Like every other member on here, we are working people, with our personal opinions. We have just as much right to post our opinion as you.
We don’t have access to any private data or personal details other than the same info you have access to.
We don’t give big companies any info, we have no interest in doing so. Neither is it needed.
Look at the bottom of the forum front page. There you will find a list of every user on the site at that time. Several are ‘bots’ which feed to RRS feeds. You can set up your RRS feed to show you any mention of your company name, on any web site, including TruckNet UK. I have an RRS feed on Facebook that feeds me links to posts on TruckNet.

and even publish Private data and Members Personal details to let big Companies knowing who says what

I note that this has been edited out of your post… but needs replying to… TruckNet does not hold or process any personal data (confirmed by the data commisssioner) therefore are not under the DPA (data protection act) However that said we have never passed on any information to any company or responded with such information to any legal complaint about a member.

We have made it clear and it is in the forums T&C’s that we hold the right to, but we so far would only do so if a court order was made forcing us to. at this time after @ 15 years as yet no-one has got a court order to make us do so. we simply have never done it

yes we have been asked, and yes we have had letters from lawyers demanding e-mail address’s and IP address’s of members, and yes we have been threatened many times with the courts. In those situations we get our lawyers on the case ( they dont work for free either) :wink: :grimacing:

I find your comment inaccurate and offensive given how far we have gone to avoid doing just this and the money we have spent on legal fees to do so.

Rikki-UK:

and even publish Private data and Members Personal details to let big Companies knowing who says what

I note that this has been edited out of your post… but needs replying to… TruckNet does not hold or process any personal data (confirmed by the data commisssioner) therefore are not under the DPA (data protection act) However that said we have never passed on any information to any company or responded with such information to any legal complaint about a member.

We have made it clear and it is in the forums T&C’s that we hold the right to, but we so far would only do so if a court order was made forcing us to. at this time after @ 15 years as yet no-one has got a court order to make us do so. we simply have never done it

yes we have been asked, and yes we have had letters from lawyers demanding e-mail address’s and IP address’s of members, and yes we have been threatened many times with the courts. In those situations we get our lawyers on the case ( they dont work for free either) :wink: :grimacing:

I find your comment inaccurate and offensive given how far we have gone to avoid doing just this and the money we have spent on legal fees to do so.

Hey, that’s out of order, he edited/deleted his post for a reason. Why are using abusing your powers like this??

I note that this has been edited out of your post… but needs replying to…

and no powers… we cant see what he edited out once he edited it :unamused: :unamused:

however if we have read it and was typing a reply before he edited it … others can have read it too…
theres a mole hill over there… see if you can make a mountain out of it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

Rikki-UK:

I note that this has been edited out of your post… but needs replying to…

and no powers… we cant see what he edited out once he edited it :unamused: :unamused:

however if we have read it and was typing a reply before he edited it … others can have read it too…
theres a mole hill over there… see if you can make a mountain out of it :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :wink:

Ok, soz. He deleted/edited his spam not long after posting it.
Can’t see this mole hill, it is dark outside.