Warning of Speed Camera`s.....A WARNING!

Evening all…Did anyone else see this?? Apologies if it has been posted before but it is a something to bear in mind next time you give someone the “thumbs down”!!!

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … olice.html

Its quite a long article but essentially, this old fella was nicked for warning other motorists that they were approaching a speed trap.

Because he had the balls to argue with the cop who pulled him about it, our brave boy in blue decided that it was in the “public interest” to arrest him!!! :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Result was…He ended up £440 out of pocket after being fined £175, ordered to pay £250 costs and a £15 victims’ surcharge.

WTF is a “Victims Surcharge” and who TF is the victim here■■?

Still, the old bill need to get thier arrest figures up somehow dont they!

Mind how you go now…

the old bill and vosa are just uniformed tax collectors these days

A motorist yrs ago flashed me as i was approaching a village after coming off ferry at holyhead,sure enough the sneaky b was hiding between the gable end of a cottage and a lamp standard,i slowed down and gave him a wave,his face was a pic.I then continued to warn all others as i went on my way.The PPS stated it was their duty to prosecute,well they would its not their money they are spending.
regards dave.

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
the old bill and vosa are just uniformed tax collectors these days

Nail, hit, head.

Probably something along the lines of the ‘perverting the course of justice’ or some ■■■■.

Tis bollox really, but is anyone actually suprised…

You know in future, you were just complaining about last nights football result with a thumbs down :wink:

“Pervert the course of justice”■■ :confused: . Wouldn’t they have had to prove the people he was warning were actually speeding? If they weren’t, what exactly was he stopping the rozzers from doing? . :confused:

How do they prove a person is flashing a warning of speed cameras,may be any of a number of reasons to flash one,s lights.

Sometimes I flash my lights and put my thumbs down for fun.

Adam_Mc:

You cad you,
you are a one :laughing: :laughing:

trux:

Adam_Mc:

You cad you,

Well people accuse me or “trolling” so I thought I’d give it a go :slight_smile:

Over here in Bulgaria every Motorist is fair game as far as the police are concerned, you hardly travel a few mile without someone flashing to warn of a police speed trap somewhere ahead, the problem is the traffic police have recently just become more technical minded on how they increase their beer money, I kid you not it’s blatant corruption Lol

They were issued with new speed guns around September last year in our province (Veliko Tarnovo) but to combat the loss in roadside revenues due to other motorists warning traffic approaching them, they also use small power packs similar to those used for boost starts which they carry to the bushes and one copper actually hides in the bushes out of sight with his camera Lol If you get a motorist flashing you, 9 times out of 10 its because they have either seen the coppers mate waiting down the road or they have seen the police car parked in a field, luckily they ussually stay within a couple of hundred metres of the car.

The fine is ussually 20 Lev about £9.00 if you accept the fine without any arguments and no reciept, if you want a receipt its 40 lev and 3 points and if you argue its 60 lev and 3 points and the probability of going in front of the magistrate Lol Of course thats all based on you only being upto 20 km per hour over the speed limit, it becomes higher depending on how far above the speed limit you are.

The best bit is according to our neighbour, If you dont want to line the coppers pocket they apparantly give you a receipt to take to the police station if you refuse to pay the road side cash, and it takes 7 days for the police to get the ticket entered onto the system, but if its not paid within 5 days the fine is doubled now thats Tax collection at its best PMSL

Adam_Mc:

trux:

Adam_Mc:

You cad you,

Well people accuse me or “trolling” so I thought I’d give it a go :slight_smile:

Adam, as has been pointed out to you before, you simply are not cut out to be a truck driver. You just do not have the sense of camaraderie.

You should be a policeman. Honestly, you would enjoy it far more than driving a truck. Go for it!

From the local paper, He lives 2 roads down from me :sunglasses: thisisgrimsby.co.uk/news/dri … ccess=true

trux:

Adam_Mc:

You cad you,

When I was doing removals for White & Co, I used to be put with the same driver quite regularly and we used to flash and wave at random truck drivers going the other way and their face said “do I know them!!” :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Harry Monk:

Adam_Mc:

trux:

Adam_Mc:

You cad you,

Adam, as has been pointed out to you before, you simply are not cut out to be a truck driver. You just do not have the sense of camaraderie.

You should be a policeman. Honestly, you would enjoy it far more than driving a truck. Go for it!

Well I’m doing fine as a trucker so far so no need to change my ways :slight_smile: But I did once consider becoming a traffic cop just so I could pull trucks over…but I didn’t fancy the two years probation being a “bobby in the office”…so I guess you could say mr monk, if you cant beat them, join them…and here I am, driving trucks :wink:

Theres a little app you can get on blackberrys and iPhones(and probably other phones) which has a map on, and using the GPS in the phone the little dot moves along the map.
You can put on a mixture of things, one you can put on when you see police in their mobile unit :wink: Your device even shouts up about it.
Could do with some more people using it for it be to real good though.

The mistake Mr Thomson made was admitting that he was warning other motorists of a speed trap. He should have just stated that he was warning other motorists of his presence, which is the correct use of flashing headlights.

But he stood up to the jobsworth policewoman. Good on 'im. However, he will remember when the police were on the public’s side against victimisers, not on the victimiser’s side against the public.

Tone

I think he brought it on himself, it’s pretty clear he had an attitude problem from the start. According to the report the copper was going to caution him but changed his mind. He obviously give the copper a lot of grief, probably using the old ‘shouldn’t you be catching real criminals’ line. If you want to give coppers some abuse by all means. I’ve done it myself a few times when they pushed the wrong buttons. But don’t expect to be waved on your cheery way after you’ve questioned their parenthood or argued with them.

Moral of the story, right or wrong simply accept the caution. It means absolutely nothing. He tried to fight the law and lost, which is pretty much guaranteed nowadays. The idea of a motorist winning in court is ludicrous.

fuse:
How do they prove a person is flashing a warning of speed cameras,may be any of a number of reasons to flash one,s lights.

Actually there is only one legal reason to flash your lights.

Coffeeholic:

fuse:

Actually there is only one legal reason to flash your lights.

Yes, to alert other motorists to your presence. In the circumstances it’s hard to see how the police could interpret a flash of the lights as meaning “You should decelerate as there is a speed trap ahead”.