Warning light please help identify

Sorry for newb question, this light is intermittent on 14 plate Daf LF. Any ideas, poor picture quality but it’s basicall like a number 8 on its side.

Tia.

Have a look in handbook…

Engine / exhaust brake on

It’s the new Warning Light for an Illegal Immigrant with Big Ears on Board. [emoji12]

It’s to warn you that your speedo and rev counter have been fitted upside down :laughing:

That’s pretty efficient driving by the way…I’ve never got over 63% :unamused:

Number 8 on its side = infinity drive activated.

Baggie:
It’s to warn you that your speedo and rev counter have been fitted upside down :laughing:

That’s pretty efficient driving by the way…I’ve never got over 63% :unamused:

Thanks for that bud!

Certainly won’t stay that high for long as just been assigned a load of manchester city centre drops…

Yeah thats your exhaust brake light…Knock it forward.See if it goes off

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Yep exhaust brake. Right lever on the steering column, move it back to the top.

Alfa1M:
Sorry for newb question, this light is intermittent on 14 plate Daf LF. Any ideas, poor picture quality but it’s basicall like a number 8 on its side.

Tia.

its you ■■■■ poor exhaust brake

Is this it ? Engine Brake.

The vehicle is fitted with an electronic retarder and this shows you it is engaged.

If it’s green, it’s not a “warning” light :wink:

neilg14:
Is this it ? Engine Brake.

Yes that’s it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Class 2 licence only warning.

It extinguishes after your 15th drop.

billybigrig:
Engine / exhaust brake on

Yep, from what I see it’s the engine brake light.

Its green, Not a warning but a note that something is active and working. Like Lights they normally have green indicator.

On steering left side u should have ON and OFF button. just toggle it on and off u will see light goes off.

If u drive with this on every time u let go the accelerator u can feel lorry slowing down faster and making extra noise. Good downhill tho. Use it all the time going down 16% pebble hill in surrey.

I’m pretty sure you’ve got bigger problems than worrying about an engine brake warning symbol, considering the fact that you’ve put the truck on it’s roof.

Reef:
I’m pretty sure you’ve got bigger problems than worrying about an engine brake warning symbol, considering the fact that you’ve put the truck on it’s roof.

I would just like to point out that I spotted this first,and I would like to claim my prize,used fivers in a brown envelope will do just fine :wink: :wink:

Baggie:

Reef:

I would just like to point out that I spotted this first,and I would like to claim my prize,used fivers in a brown envelope will do just fine :wink: :wink:

Well, actually you wrongly assumed the cluster had been fitted incorrectly, I being the more observant one noticed that it was in fact driver error not fitter error. :laughing:

(either that or the muppet posted the pic upside down but it’s more likely on its roof) :smiley: