Warning light please help identify

Nope, it is fitter error, he’s fitted the seat upside down.

peterm:

I thought everything was upside down to you guys…

Sorry I should translate that for you really shouldn’t I…

sʎnƃ noʎ oʇ uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sɐʍ ƃuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ I

Thanks for everyones advice, transport manager didn’t have a clue unsurprisingly, what I take from this is that it’s an automatic retarder that applies itself on slight declines, as I’ve never engaged a engine brake , at least I hope not the only controls on my wheel as far as i was aware were for adjusting the radio and cruise control …

Dan ze Man:
Its green, Not a warning but a note that something is active and working. Like Lights they normally have green indicator.

On steering left side u should have ON and OFF button. just toggle it on and off u will see light goes off.

If u drive with this on every time u let go the accelerator u can feel lorry slowing down faster and making extra noise. Good downhill tho. Use it all the time going down 16% pebble hill in surrey.

Ah, that explains the heavy engine grunting when I released my foot from accelerator.

Although I don’t have control on the wheel, did have on a 63 plate but not this 14. Think its just a button near my light switches, will check out Monday. But yesterday the light went off after an hour without me pressing anything off

The engine/exhaust brake on my 16 plate CF is operated by the stalk on the right hand side of the steering wheel.

Alfa1M:
Thanks for everyones advice, transport manager didn’t have a clue unsurprisingly, what I take from this is that it’s an automatic retarder that applies itself on slight declines, as I’ve never engaged a engine brake , at least I hope not the only controls on my wheel as far as i was aware were for adjusting the radio and cruise control …

So it’s not the flux capacitor light then? Goes out when you hit 88? Suppose you’re in a DAF not a Deloreon, shame…

Reef:
I’m pretty sure you’ve got bigger problems than worrying about an engine brake warning symbol, considering the fact that you’ve put the truck on it’s roof.

No he hasn’t,he’s from Australia!!

Reef:

peterm:

I thought everything was upside down to you guys…

Sorry I should translate that for you really shouldn’t I…

sʎnƃ noʎ oʇ uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sɐʍ ƃuᴉɥʇʎɹǝʌǝ ʇɥƃnoɥʇ I

:laughing: I get terrible cramp in the toes from hanging on too.

Leaving the engine brake or the retarder on 'permanently ’ means it’s fighting the engine when you are trying to drive.

Oh, and it’s an ‘infinite probability drive’…

the nodding donkey:
Leaving the engine brake or the retarder on 'permanently ’ means it’s fighting the engine when you are trying to drive.

Not in any truck that I’ve driven - the exhaust brake does nothing at all while you have your foot on the accelerator.

And it’s “infinite improbability drive” in the book :wink:

Roymondo:

the nodding donkey:

Not in any truck that I’ve driven - the exhaust brake does nothing at all while you have your foot on the accelerator.

And it’s “infinite improbability drive” in the book :wink:

It does in a daf, then you get a warning come on to say “retarder active”