Wanted Urgently

The Smith of Maddiston thread is urgently seeking a photograph depicting a rear view shot of Guy Big J Cab,clearly showing the Gardner 8LXB “stuck out the back”.As an incentive the overfunded “SOM” pension scheme will be pleased to offer a small,very small,(remember it was a Scots firm!!) reward to the first person that posts a relevant photo.Surely there must be photographic proof of this very illusive SOM tractor/s.I won’t,of course,be holding my breath!!! Bewick.

I see there are plenty of “lookers” but no response!!! Bewick.

Dennis you seem to pronounce your "F"s with lisp :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anon.

sammyopisite:
Dennis you seem to pronounce your "F"s with lisp :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Anon.

There’s plenty of them on the thread as well Johnnie!! Dennis.

Bewick:
The Smith of Maddiston thread is urgently seeking a photograph depicting a rear view shot of Guy Big J Cab,clearly showing the Gardner 8LXB “stuck out the back”.As an incentive the overfunded “SOM” pension scheme will be pleased to offer a small,very small,(remember it was a Scots firm!!) reward to the first person that posts a relevant photo.Surely there must be photographic proof of this very illusive SOM tractor/s.I won’t,of course,be holding my breath!!! Bewick.

Dennis,It doesnt have to be a Smith’s motor surely,any Big J with an 8LXB would do?

Take it easyy,

Rgds,

David :smiley:

Poor old Den, it’s become an obsession, this bloody photograph !! :cry:

Even sworn affidavits from Smiths drivers who actually DROVE the things, just ain’t good enough. :unamused:

I think the Matron and the night nurses, are injecting him with some funny substances !! :smiling_imp:

Still, keep looking Den. One day it’ll happen. :wink:

Fergie47:
Poor old Den, it’s become an obsession, this bloody photograph !! :cry:

Even sworn affidavits from Smiths drivers who actually DROVE the things, just ain’t good enough. :unamused:

I think the Matron and the night nurses, are injecting him with some funny substances !! :smiling_imp:

Still, keep looking Den. One day it’ll happen. :wink:

Hiya Dave,did you cop any of the bad weather wev’e been getting up the west coast? I’ll allow a modification to this thread as proposed in the last post by “5th wheel” Dave that any Big J with the big G will do !! But even this might not produce the “goods” as Trev H is adament he never saw an 8 pot guy and in those days he was sort of up to his eyes in Big Js!!! Keep “shiny side up” Dennis.

Den…weather here just as bad, heavy rain last 2 days, set to continue till Monday. Don’t come over yet !!

I’m having this made up for you Den !!! :smiling_imp:

Fergie47:
Den…weather here just as bad, heavy rain last 2 days, set to continue till Monday. Don’t come over yet !!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll do for me Fergie,now it’s put to rest - as Hylda Baker would have said " Ee, I think it were an optical collusion and I must get a little 'and on me watch!"
Guy and 8 pot,forget it ( unless there’s one in t’Isle of Man). :grimacing:

Fergie47:

Hiya Dave,don’t bring the evil day any closer than it already is!!! I’ll be under’t sod sooner rather than later with my state of health—or lack of it!!! and thats some headstone Dave! I bet it cost an “arm and a leg” some whip round on the thread that must have been!! I never realised they wanted to see the back of me so badly!!! Cheers dennis.

Chris Webb:

Fergie47:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You’ll do for me Fergie,now it’s put to rest - as Hylda Baker would have said " Ee, I think it were an optical collusion and I must get a little 'and on me watch!"
Guy and 8 pot,forget it ( unless there’s one in t’Isle of Man). :grimacing:

Did Wincanton run any 8 pot big J’s Chris? Doh!!! Dennis.

Hiya…now listen Dennis, in my book and others you,r a good chap. but if you keep worring about this blasted Big J.
you,ll end up under that stone. i would have loved one of the bigJ,s in the early years but i,am shaw if one ever
existed someone would have had sound information about her,i think its a lost caurse,I,ve asked dealers and breakers
with no luck and i can,t remember ever seeing one…sorry mate…ps iv,e seen a Seddon and that was a rare find
that had a 8 speed David brown splitter box behind the 8LXB so that was suspect in my book.
John

3300John:
Hiya…now listen Dennis, in my book and others you,r a good chap. but if you keep worring about this blasted Big J.
you,ll end up under that stone. i would have loved one of the bigJ,s in the early years but i,am shaw if one ever
existed someone would have had sound information about her,i think its a lost caurse,I,ve asked dealers and breakers
with no luck and i can,t remember ever seeing one…sorry mate…ps iv,e seen a Seddon and that was a rare find
that had a 8 speed David brown splitter box behind the 8LXB so that was suspect in my book.
John

Aye John I’ll have to give it a rest! the only thing is some "s**** a*** keeps having a dig and I can’t resist having a dig back like!!! Anyway back to the Seddon 8LXB your right and I could never see the point in the De-rated engine as it would just cost the same and the DB 8 spd was a ******* disaster wasn’t it.Cheers Dennis.

Hello Bewick
The only photos i have showing the rear of a Big J are these unfortunately i think the engine was a 205 ■■■■■■■■■■

Regards Jacko

Lovely stone, spoiled with crappy flowers , cheap skate!

3piece-wheel:
Lovely stone, spoiled with crappy flowers , cheap skate!

and bad spelling :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

I don’t think its a ■■■■■■■ and its Defo not an 8LXB----could it be a RR ? Bewick.

Bewick:
I don’t think its a ■■■■■■■ and its Defo not an 8LXB----could it be a RR ? Bewick.

The exhaust tailpipe is very small , might be an AEC 470 or 505

Definitely an 8LXB,you can see where they bent the cab fitting it :wink: .

Dave the Renegade:
Definitely an 8LXB,you can see where they bent the cab fitting it :wink: .

We can do without you stirring it with your no.10 shovel Renegade!!! May-be Trev is right it could be an AEC! Dennis.