Wanted: Photos of Buckles, Hitches, Gear Sticks, Tail Lifts

peirre:
only the god awful mercedes semi auto gear shift seems to be missing

on the suspension controls the M1 & M2 buttons are for memory presets of hight but I`ve never needed to use em

me neither which is why i ignored them. pressing up and down tends to do the trick :sunglasses:

Fallmonk:
I have mine set for fully up and fully down for hooking up and dropping trailers ! makes leg lifting ten times easier !

Just out of interest how do you set the memory ? its something ive never bothered with as i use the uppy downy buttons too (and the reset ride height too obviously)

Adjust suspension to height you want, then press and hold the memory button for a few seconds.

Coffeeholic:
Adjust suspension to height you want, then press and hold the memory button for a few seconds.

ffs …why does everything have to be so complicated :blush: :blush: :laughing:

ezydriver:
On the Daf AS-Tronic, the ‘s’ means ‘search’. It is for when you’re driving in manual mode and you need to find the most appropriate gear for a roundabout, or sudden change in speed for example. You knock it to the right and it ‘searches’ for you.

Ah! Now that makes sense. Only time I’ve driven one I had a play with Manual mode but the S didn’t seem to do anything - I guess it was just telling me I was already in the right gear.

But when would I want it? If I’m happily running in manual but make a hash of it on a roundabout and find I’m lugging along at 600rpm and too busy with steering, map reading and pouring coffee to change gear surely I’d be better off going auto until things clam down again?

Maybe they think that if they make auto’s as complicated as possible drivers won’t complain they’re deskilling?

Tony1968:
But when would I want it? If I’m happily running in manual but make a hash of it on a roundabout and find I’m lugging along at 600rpm and too busy with steering, map reading and pouring coffee to change gear surely I’d be better off going auto until things clam down again?

From memory, I think that the AS-tronic box blips the throttle when changing down. If you’re approaching a roundabout from cruising speed, you probably can’t be bothered to go down a gear at a time to make sure that you get the right one (or count the number of pushes to get the gear you want) - you just slow down to the speed you want (say 10 mph) then hit “S”, and you can pull away still in manual.

Of course, this is just a guess - I’ve only ever driven one once, and I hated it.

you probably can’t be bothered to go down a gear at a time to make sure that you get the right one (or count the number of pushes to get the gear you want) - you just slow down to the speed you want (say 10 mph) then hit “S”, and you can pull away still in manual.

Got it in one batman!!