Wanted - 1980's SK mercedes tractor

nice

Well done mate bootiful restoration lovely truck !! :smiley:

R Jimski

Hi All,
Long shot, but does anyone know of an 80’s vintage SK tractor unit for sale, anything considered (will regret that one!)
Cheers

TDL102:
Hi All,
Long shot, but does anyone know of an 80’s vintage SK tractor unit for sale, anything considered (will regret that one!)
Cheers

Hi TDL102,

If you’ll take a tip… please beware of the early EPS gearbox (somewhere around “D” reg) cos they weren’t all that clever TBH. :wink:

The SK range were pretty much bullet-proof and I did much of my European work in the 80s driving Merc SKs. Happy days. :smiley:

Sorry, but I don’t know where there’s an SK for sale. :frowning:

I think it fairly unlikely you will find an SK in any sort of working order as they were literally worth their weight in grains of sand and were exported throughout the world. In my area the local dealer was Ian Hepworth who was a mine of information about the Mercedes Benz marque. assetwell.co.uk/aw_team.htm

I bought a couple or three trucks from him but MB were never an option as they had buyers lined up for every one.

Other dealers were available like Richard C Tuxford, Britcom and Jimmy Johnson of York

There is a few running down Mexico/Guatemala way, probably not much
good time the shipping is added to the price… :unamused:

dieseldave:

TDL102:
Hi All,
Cheers

Hi TDL102,

If you’ll take a tip… please beware of the early EPS gearbox (somewhere around “D” reg) cos they weren’t all that clever TBH. :wink:

The SK range were pretty much bullet-proof and I did much of my European work in the 80s driving Merc SKs. Happy days. :smiley:

Yeah, the early EPS were to say the least somewhat dubious!, looking for a manual gearbox but as wheelnut and trubut say they are like rocking horse ■■■, seemed like a great idea to flog all the ones we had to any johnny foreigner who had sold enough camels at the time, regrets…

TDL102:

dieseldave:

TDL102:
Hi All,
Cheers

Hi TDL102,

Yeah, the early EPS were to say the least somewhat dubious!, looking for a manual gearbox but as wheelnut and trubut say they are like rocking horse ■■■, seemed like a great idea to flog all the ones we had to any johnny foreigner who had sold enough camels at the time, regrets…

Best thing is though, the Merc brand of that era bonneted and cab over are still running strong all over the world, that says something about the marque

Trubrit:
Best thing is though, the Merc brand of that era bonneted and cab over are still running strong all over the world, that says something about the marque

Whoo-hoo, welcome back Col!! :smiley:
(Sorry mate, I only just realised. :blush: :blush: )

You’re only right mate, cos those Mercs just keep on going. :wink:

TDL102:
Hi All,
Cheers

If you type truckworld.eu into google there’s a fair few for sale in Holland.

p.s There is a little union jack to click on if your Dutch aint to good :laughing: :laughing:

Bob.

The fatherland is always a good bet for an old Merc…click on the link attached…there’s always a selection available there…suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/searc … g=&lang=en

dieseldave:

Trubrit:

Whoo-hoo, welcome back Col!! :smiley:
(Sorry mate, I only just realised. :blush: :blush: )

You’re only right mate, cos those Mercs just keep on going. :wink:

Hi Dave :sunglasses:

For an example of prices,

1988 sleeper cab v8 ex shunter,battered bumper and step looked like it had a plastic rear wing for front wing, (only had pic of 1 side)

just went for 6k +vat on ebay wed am,

i guess it would be for the engine/trans?

bobw:
If you type truckworld.eu into google there’s a fair few for sale in Holland.

p.s There is a little union jack to click on if your Dutch aint to good :laughing: :laughing:

Bob.

Thanks Bob, a nice 1944 on there at the moment.

Riverstick:
The fatherland is always a good bet for an old Merc…click on the link attached…there’s always a selection available there…suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/searc … g=&lang=en

Thanks, a 1733 on there has caught my eys, going to get a German friend of mine to give them a call to see what tje SP is.

As said earlier, the SKs are in high demand in Africa (the regions beyond Ural seem to prefer volvos these days).
You’ll need to cast an eye on the continent, Kleyn had a batch of ex army SKs on for sale some time ago (tilt rigids rather than tractors though), www.truckscout24.de can certainly help; how about his one:
truckscout24.de/search/ger/d … nguage=ger
:wink:

Mind you, some of the better kept SKs are about as expensive as actroses.

Hi …people seem to go to great lengths to get what they want nowadays me been one of them. I was in South Africa last year
and there,s a truck dismantler not far from J,burg and he has all type,s of units in a yard so you need a south africa truck trader.
If you speak to Dave Lawrence (Uttoxeter) he may have a contact for you.
John

TDL102:

Riverstick:

Thanks, a 1733 on there has caught my eys, going to get a German friend of mine to give them a call to see what tje SP is.

Tuxfords have an 1834 on their listings.

dealerservices.autotrader.co.uk/ … ck_bus.htm

just been to see the merc on tuxfords site. get your wallet out quick thats your motor

hey tdl102

theres 1 in lewis light commercials in cheadle staffs, saw it today although i dont know if its for sale, it said some galvanising company on the head board, ive got a pic i’ll upload it in a bit mate.

cheers
gaz