Walkers crisps job

has anyone done this job , is it long days , I’m told so but finding it hard to believe , ta

dozy:
has anyone done this job , is it long days , I’m told so but finding it hard to believe , ta

There all now by Stobart.Walkers truck collect pepsi cola and coke.Yesterday was Walkers truck with Stobart Tet trailer at Edmondon

You could be doing walkers work or any work that Stobart need you to do I.e. Tesco amazon coke britvic etc I know drivers on there they are not happy with the situation be have to get on with it

dozy:

I smell a rat I done 14hr 57 yesterday

ok ta , fits it in with what I’ve been told

Beaumont Leys depot :question:

dazzer555:
You could be doing walkers work or any work that Stobart need you to do I.e. Tesco amazon coke britvic etc I know drivers on there they are not happy with the situation be have to get on with it

Easy one way delivery and back finished.

ROG:

yes rog

ROG:

yes stobart running whole walkers network so Beaumont leys drivers are delivering goods that Stobart has contracts for from Beaumont leys

Hi dozy your truck not well looking this morning what happens

Dozy - is it the Beaumont Leys depot you are considering :question:

ROG:

drivers baling out of there in droves…one long term-er working at our place now said it’s a crock of ■■■■■ there …job’s ■■■■■■

ROG:

i was rog , days + fuel paid from Grantham - Beaumont leys did interest me ( if fuel being paid is true , I’m told it is ) but I dont want long days + a commute of a hour ish ( dependant on time ) to work & home .
got a mate who transferred there so I’ll see how he gets on, he said lot of London ( doesn’t bother me ) + long days ( 10/12 is enough ) , not 14/15 + commute from Grantham- b/ l .
I did tesco donny commute for a few months , they paid fuel+ 12 hrs guaranteed but they made sure you did the 12 , not again .

Another in house operation stolen away by the greedy big hauliers,
Be doing it for next to nothing if they are blending it in with there other operations…
And the service to walkers customers will suffer…
I personally don’t buy walkers anyway as I’m not lineing leftie Gary linekars pockets

yorkshire terrier:
Be doing it for next to nothing if they are blending it in with there other operations…
I personally don’t buy walkers anyway as I’m not lineing leftie Gary linekars pockets

I think you will find that the “contract” went out to tender, as they finally realised that their transport operation was costing too much…ESL were the “winners”, as their operational model showed the greatest savings…

It was going to go this way eventually, as you only had to have a look around the yard @ BL to see all the 3pl trailers in there, anything other than a “doddle” went on a 3pl trailer…

Its all about the cost, perhaps getting rid of Jug Ears would have saved a fair chunk, who knows ■■

dozy:

If Leicester suitable place to work that here Stobart have truck at Bevcan.Easy job,not long hours.Just go to Sidcup,Wisbech,Leeds and back.There as well can work just for shunter and get fixed shift.

yorkshire terrier:

Agree lots of chemical ingredients in the mix,aspartame,acesulfame type of deal,not that crisps were meant to be exactly healthy but i find marks n spencers range,beef n onion especially,a far better proposition and yes no gain as you say for national irritant G linekar esq.

Stanley Mitchell:

yorkshire terrier:

I think you will find that the “contract” went out to tender, as they finally realised that their transport operation was costing too much…ESL were the “winners”, as their operational model showed the greatest savings…

It was going to go this way eventually, as you only had to have a look around the yard @ BL to see all the 3pl trailers in there, anything other than a “doddle” went on a 3pl trailer…

Its all about the cost, perhaps getting rid of Jug Ears would have saved a fair chunk, who knows ■■

Why was it put to tender after all these years,Iv heard off a farmer who grows potatoes that walkers pay roughly what they paid in the 90s for them…
There is less in a bag now than ever and I think the quality of them ain’t as good…
If it was put to tender to save costs I personally think it will shoot them in the foot…
Iv seen it many times where a manufacturer thinks,hey we don’t need to employ our own drivers and buy trucks and we will save ££££££££, and service to customers suffer and I know at least one went back to running there own motors…

yorkshire terrier:

Stanley Mitchell:

yorkshire terrier:

Why was it put to tender after all these years,Iv heard off a farmer who grows potatoes that walkers pay roughly what they paid in the 90s for them…
There is less in a bag now than ever and I think the quality of them ain’t as good…
If it was put to tender to save costs I personally think it will shoot them in the foot…
Iv seen it many times where a manufacturer thinks,hey we don’t need to employ our own drivers and buy trucks and we will save ££££££££, and service to customers suffer and I know at least one went back to running there own motors…

because, after all these years, they have finally realised that they were being bent over…I pass one of their nightmen tossing it off on the A50 EVERYnight from sunday, nicely tucked away near CD…upto 3 hours a night…you do the sums

Andrejs:

dozy:

If Leicester suitable place to work that here Stobart have truck at Bevcan.Easy job,not long hours.Just go to Sidcup,Wisbech,Leeds and back.There as well can work just for shunter and get fixed shift.

My mate asked about bevcan, told nothing doing & wouldn’t pay fuel ( so he says ) , walkers ( Leicester ) was only really a interest as there paying fuel ( so I’m told ) , I’d still like to go back to Bristol , and with my girl settled in Notts I think that’s the option we will eventually take to be honest , it’s been on back burner for too long , ta anyway a