Waitrose

Got an assesment coming up soon usual questions what are they like and any idea on shift/rota patterns?
Thanks!

Where?

Bracknell??
My old man used to do agency for them and ive been in there delivering a few times.
They try and keep 2 to a unit, day man and night man, its quite a good place to work from what ive seen and herd.
They have social clubs as well apparently, golf, snooker, etc what ever takes your fancy.

Reading their in-house employee magazine, Waitrose officially have a high opinion of their own drivers so they will expect the highest standards of a professional driver. There is a strong chance that you will be required to perform a difficult blind side reverse since most of their shop deliveries are challenging. Turn up clean and tidy.

Vehicles are maintained to a high standard even though some may not be in the first flush of youth and appear a bit careworn.

This is a good company to work for so there will be a lot of applicants. The core values they mentioned on the application form mean a lot to them - politeness and respect of others is expected and returned. There are reviews of shift times occasionally and the length of shifts varies. Less regimented than some of the other supermarkets. Expect to drive rigids fairly frequently. Can’t speak for pay since I’ve only worked as Agency, but you pick up on various things and this above is what I’ve noted. I like going there, I would rather have 8hrs + at Waitrose than 12 on practically any general. Only company that competes in my book is one of the large fridge hauliers.

Yes good guess Farnboroughboy! I’m thinking of putting this off for a while after reading this as I passed my test in a wagg n dragg and have never driven an artic. Closest place I can find to me with an actuall artic fro training is Wembly! They want £280 for 4 hours training. I dont think I’ll pass if I go in as I am now ;(

use your brains bobby and you shouldn’t have any issues, hows clean?

If you fail a driving assessment with Waitrose the chances of being considered at a subsequent application are remote. Normally you will also not be accepted by them as agency any longer.

I know a guy who use to work at Bracknell, now retired. He loved it there, always said the trucks were well looked after, good transport office, reasonable with the shift patterns & runs etc.

He said they always look after the drivers, and in return expect the drivers to look after Waitrose; keep trucks clean, report any minor issue (no matter how small), clean appearance, full clean smart uniform, be polite to store staff & the public, and drive with utmost respect for the road & other users. Slow & steady, no rushing about.

Basically, John Lewis & Waitrose are built on their image & reputation, and they expect you to buy into it and promote the company at all times

simon_da_man9:
use your brains bobby and you shouldn’t have any issues, hows clean?

Cheers mate, clean is shi1t, as usual! Hows things in the new job?

cav551:
If you fail a driving assessment with Waitrose the chances of being considered at a subsequent application are remote. Normally you will also not be accepted by them as agency any longer.

Its through an agency anyway I dont know what your on about?

Herongate:
I know a guy who use to work at Bracknell, now retired. He loved it there, always said the trucks were well looked after, good transport office, reasonable with the shift patterns & runs etc.

He said they always look after the drivers, and in return expect the drivers to look after Waitrose; keep trucks clean, report any minor issue (no matter how small), clean appearance, full clean smart uniform, be polite to store staff & the public, and drive with utmost respect for the road & other users. Slow & steady, no rushing about.

Basically, John Lewis & Waitrose are built on their image & reputation, and they expect you to buy into it and promote the company at all times

Thanks for the info!

Hi I am working for Waitrose practically full time through an Agency and I can honestly say, they are great to work for, Daf 85, most around the 59, 60, 61 plate but a few 06, you always get a map and directions to each store, outlining any hazards, job is a piece of pi$$, I would take a full time job with them, but, I earn more on Agency, but I am self employed, if you want a good, easy regular job, you cannot beat the supermarket. drive a shopping trolley, it pays the mortgage and puts food on the table, but gets really boring after a while.

Sapper

Herongate:

It begs the question as to why all transport companies and drivers cant operate like this, if they did we would have a strong industry and one to be proud of.

Saaamon:

Herongate:

It begs the question as to why all transport companies and drivers cant operate like this, if they did we would have a strong industry and one to be proud of.

a driver told me they are near finishing another waitrose/John Lewis RDC near Preston. Does anyonwe know which agency is doing the driver recruitment there?

went to an open day for the new place at leyland yesterday the rates are gonna be £9.28ph so nothin special. its less than asda and sainsbury and alot less than coop all in same area.

1asp:
went to an open day for the new place at leyland yesterday the rates are gonna be £9.28ph so nothin special. its less than asda and sainsbury and alot less than coop all in same area.

Probably not the job for you then. Others will want to ■■■■■■ their arm off for that money given all the extras that go with it.

1asp:

Yeah but it’s up north so it’s better than living down Coronation Street and queuing outside the job centre in your Adidas poppers. :laughing:

FORGET THE OLYMPICS ANYBODY WHO DELIVERS HERE DESERVES A GOLD… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: roads in the vale of glamorgan are s~~t ,and full of potholes… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: missed the first turn on the a48 can swing a u turn at the end of the dual ,keep off the grass :smiley: :smiley: cos u will sink :smiley: :smiley:

maestegboy:
FORGET THE OLYMPICS ANYBODY WHO DELIVERS HERE DESERVES A GOLD… :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: roads in the vale of glamorgan are s~~t ,and full of potholes… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: missed the first turn on the a48 can swing a u turn at the end of the dual ,keep off the grass :smiley: :smiley: cos u will sink :smiley: :smiley:

Wow!!! How much you paying per gram??

hgvhgv:
‘… Waitrose … what are they like …?’

The RDC’s have excellent canteens with approachably cheerful chefs/staff using company ingredients to produce self-help, multiple-choice, subsidised (cost price?) grub :smiley:

You’ll need a card first, easy-peasy to get at the canteen, sorry ‘Partner Dining Facility’ entrances :smiley: :smiley:

Miserable faces are not unknown - but they are few.

Pretty faultless, eh :exclamation:

hgvhgv:
Got an assesment coming up soon usual questions what are they like and any idea on shift/rota patterns?
Thanks!

hello mate message tautliner terry he works there out of bracknell