Waitrose

I work on agencies at waitrose it’s okey but I would not want it full time the lorries are so under powered your not allowed to use sat nav and some times you only get a 6 hour shift , and I heard that the money if you work full time is 22,000 a year plus bonus.

:open_mouth:

He might have lost some interest by now, happyone.

Welcome to T/Net, btw :smiley:

Bardons depot has been closed for about 6 months now.

I know it’s good money but not £900 good. There is a new depot at Layland, the place is immaculate and fantastic facilities for drivers delivering there.

Holy hell nine years!!!

Harry Monk:
They have taken over the old Safeway/Morrison depot at Aylesford, and word on the street is that they need to find 500 drivers next year.

I know the place is under utilised but to the extent to an extra 500 driversI can’t see even if over 3 shifts mabey all staff . Can’t remember the money went for an interview last year the money wasn’t any thing great but the company perks where very good . Found the interview prosess very poncy to the piont I turned down the second (of three) interviews it was all about how you help others and team building and prioritising a set of word on a white board . I did hear they are bringing the crisps and the bog rolls in house and doing away with Lenham storage and bringing the stuff k&n do inhouse again

Driver vacancies at brinklow, shift pattern not great. Not sure about k & n being brought back in house, contract up for renewal at mo, I understand it will continue as it is, worse case scenario is brinklow staff being transfered over to waitrose

chester1:

Harry Monk:
They have taken over the old Safeway/Morrison depot at Aylesford, and word on the street is that they need to find 500 drivers next year.

I know the place is under utilised but to the extent to an extra 500 driversI can’t see even if over 3 shifts mabey all staff . Can’t remember the money went for an interview last year the money wasn’t any thing great but the company perks where very good . Found the interview prosess very poncy to the piont I turned down the second (of three) interviews it was all about how you help others and team building and prioritising a set of word on a white board . I did hear they are bringing the crisps and the bog rolls in house and doing away with Lenham storage and bringing the stuff k&n do inhouse again

Maybe they did in 2006 when he posted it…

new depot at magna park milton keynes

happyone:
I work on agencies at waitrose it’s okey but I would not want it full time the lorries are so under powered your not allowed to use sat nav and some times you only get a 6 hour shift , and I heard that the money if you work full time is 22,000 a year plus bonus.

I’ve done plenty of agency work at Waitrose and also know others who have as well. Always longer than 6 hours, but that wouldn’t compare to full time anyway. Lorry power doesn’t bother me slower lorry = more money surely? They have maps to all stores so no sat nav needed…

Seany:

chester1:

Harry Monk:

Maybe they did in 2006 when he posted it…

Ah didn’t see that

Does anyone drive for Waitrose, and if so what are they like to work for, what’s the shift pattern, what’s the money like etc etc etc

Used to do some agency for them a few years ago out of Bracknell, I always got the impression it was a dead mans shoes job - job was quite easy, very regimented - i.e. had to do it their way. I think they used to get quite good yearly bonuses and salary was above average at the time… Not a bad job if you were into that type of work.

I heard it was dead mans shoes as well. I was also told that it pays £900 a week. :open_mouth:

Their kit always looks clean & well looked after, if a bit basic.

Life’s a Gas:
Their kit always looks clean & well looked after, if a bit basic.

Depends what you call basic? It is functional - they were the first company I knew of that had AirCon fitted as standard to new motors, and that was at least 7 years ago now - but the units are specced to do a job, so are minimal power and day cabbed.

some depots K&N

hitch:
some depots K&N

What does that mean?

come on Harry
:laughing: Kuehne & Nagel

Harry possibly means Keune & Nagel■■?