Waitrose

Kuehne and Nagal bought Hays/ACR out earlier on this year, and with it the Waitrose contract.

Oh, right thanks. I had thought Waitrose employed their drivers direct.

Apart from Bracknell, where else do they distribute from?

Milton Keynes and Bardon are two that i know of.

Are they Waitrose as opposed to John Lewis though?

John Lewis partnership owns Waitrose but the transport and distribution for the two firms are kept separate.

I also did some agency work out of Bracknell. Very strange firm to work for. As you may know, the JLP is a workers co-operative. As said above, very regimented. Easy enough work but I found the place a bit stifling. No room for a transport man’s flair to show through as everything is run to a stict plan. There is a hell of a lot of politics and back biting too. Not my cup of tea, I’m afraid but they do pay well above average and being a workers co=operative means you get discounts at Waitrose and JLP shops.

I would guess that they don’t like the cost of expensive in-house transport as they seem keen to keep on the relationships they have with contracted warehouse and distribution firms. I’m also almost 100% sure that JL transport is wholly in-house.

k&n also in breweryat reading also thatcham berks

scania doctor:

k&n run the scottish and newcastle contract so there pretty much everywhere

jon

jonboy:

scania doctor:

k&n run the scottish and newcastle contract so there pretty much everywhere

jon

rumour has it in the brewery trade,that they are close to grabbing the coors contract from tradeteam.

K&N also have the B&Q kitchen home delivery service, taken over from TNT.

Is that the one run out of Branston?

Its trunked out of branston to local depots. I worked it from Trafford Park

Harry Monk:
Oh, right thanks. I had thought Waitrose employed their drivers direct.

Apart from Bracknell, where else do they distribute from?

There’s a big Waitrose site in Milton Keynes which is now run by Kuene & Nagel (formerly ACR, formerly Hays) Not sure who runs Bardon Hill.

Calv