Waiting rooms creeping back in?

commonrail:
Masks to be worn in the yard. :unamused:

I would ask to see the risk assessment.

If the employer wishes to assert that it is their policy that face coverings be worn, for example as an infection control measure, then this would fall under Personal Protective Equipment At Work Regulations (PPE) 1992, and a Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) assessment, which are both tightly regulated in law by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). This would therefore mean satisfying the following conditions:

Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Section 3 (Risk Assessment) every employer shall make a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to the health and safety of his employees to which they are exposed whilst they are at work. Therefore, the onus is on the employer to provide the evidence that the benefits of wearing a face covering, outweigh the risks imposed by wearing it, and that on balance it is in the employee’s best interests to wear the appropriate PPE being provided.

Under HSE,PPE and COSHH legislation, when choosing Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) to mitigate biological agents (for example the SARS-CoV2 virus), PPE with a protection factor of at least 20 (FFP3 in the EU or N95 in the USA) must be provided. It must also be fit-tested by an appropriately qualified Health and Safety Practitioner, as well as an individual risk assessment provided for every employee who is being asked to wear it. Please note that surgical masks, cloth masks and face visors, fall below the required standard of FFP3 grade, and DO NOT mitigate aerosolised respiratory viruses such as Influenza A & B, or SARS-CoV2 (Covid-19).

Failure to make reasonable adjustments such as not recognising an employee’s self-exemption (not being able to wear a face covering), would be a breach of Section 6 (disability provisions) of the Equality Act 2010

stu675:

commonrail:
Masks to be worn in the yard. :unamused:

I would ask to see the risk assessment.

If the employer wishes to assert that it is their policy that face coverings be worn, for example as an infection control measure, then this would fall under Personal Protective Equipment At Work Regulations (PPE) 1992, and a Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations 2002 (COSHH) assessment, which are both tightly regulated in law by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE). This would therefore mean satisfying the following conditions:

Under the Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations 1999, Section 3 (Risk Assessment) every employer shall make a suitable and sufficient assessment of the risks to the health and safety of his employees to which they are exposed whilst they are at work. Therefore, the onus is on the employer to provide the evidence that the benefits of wearing a face covering, outweigh the risks imposed by wearing it, and that on balance it is in the employee’s best interests to wear the appropriate PPE being provided.

Under HSE,PPE and COSHH legislation, when choosing Respiratory Protective Equipment (RPE) to mitigate biological agents (for example the SARS-CoV2 virus), PPE with a protection factor of at least 20 (FFP3 in the EU or N95 in the USA) must be provided. It must also be fit-tested by an appropriately qualified Health and Safety Practitioner, as well as an individual risk assessment provided for every employee who is being asked to wear it. Please note that surgical masks, cloth masks and face visors, fall below the required standard of FFP3 grade, and DO NOT mitigate aerosolised respiratory viruses such as Influenza A & B, or SARS-CoV2 (Covid-19).

Failure to make reasonable adjustments such as not recognising an employee’s self-exemption (not being able to wear a face covering), would be a breach of Section 6 (disability provisions) of the Equality Act 2010

a well thought out explanation regarding health and safety stu you obviously know your carrots from your onions

I told them I wouldn’t wear one…and was immediately given my paperwork back,and asked to leave site.
I do lots of amazon sites,and Ridgmont is the only one currently implementing these rules.

commonrail:
Ridgmont is the only one currently implementing these rules.

The waiting room or the masks?

Waiting room.

That’s good for now. I notice Tesco Reading haven’t put their seats back yet. You can still sit in the cab.

Daft thing is…as soon as you’re in the waiting room you remove the mask to drink your brew.

A brew that you’re not allowed to take outside :laughing:

ezydriver:
That’s good for now. I notice Tesco Reading haven’t put their seats back yet. You can still sit in the cab.

Yes…I was there a couple of Fridays ago.
Good tip aswell.
I’m in Kilsby alot…still waiting in cabs,there.
Ditto sainsbury stoke/Hoddesdon,although they are both still pathetic.

dozy:
It does make me laugh , all these drivers moaning about sitting in the waiting rooms ( prisons apparently ) , moaning they have to listen to other drivers apparently moaning , makes me wonder who are the actual moaners

You don’t mind getting a numb arse in a crappy room for 2/3hrs then, rather than sat in the comfort & quiet of your cab?

Each to their own, but I can’t fathom any driver not being frustrated at waiting rooms. Especially the plastic chairs next to the toilet door type.

Back in the waiting room at sainsbury Hoddesdon

stu675:
What’s wrong with a waiting room?

Wall-to-wall repeats of “Homes Under the Hammer” on the television. :wink:

ezydriver:

manalishi:

ezydriver:

stu675:
What’s wrong with a waiting room?

After a long drive, I want the peace, comfort, and quiet of my bunk, away from people. Not a loud tv, endless tannoy announcements, a plastic chair, and a colleague talking non stop about why the planners “didn’t do this and didn’t do that because it makes no sense because they don’t know their arse from their elbow and they sent it out on a 15ft trailer but they know there’s a 14ft bridge down the road and blah blah blah blah blah”.

To say nothing of achieving the realistic definition of a rest which in my books would be firmly of the horizontal across the bunk variant,especially following a long-haul to those wretched places where further torture pans out curtesy of uncomfortable chairs,moronic daytime tv and all the rest.Simply uncoupling the unit,handing in keys etc isn’t exactly asking much in the grand scheme of things given the benefits of being well rested.
Terrible on the boxes with 4 and 5 hour tips a feature .I couldn’t go through that purgatory again.

Before covid we had drivers with continuous running battles with management. They’d not put their tachos on break when tipping, and would pull up the road and have 45 afterwards. The drivers said they felt more rested driving than sitting in the waiting rooms! The management’s stock response to that was “why? You’re not doing anything. you’re just sitting there”.

And my response would be, I’m not free to dispose of my time!!!

Stephenjp:
And my response would be, I’m not free to dispose of my time!!!

And if the person you were having that argument knew anything they would say that that is the definition of a daily rest period and not a break.

If you are getting into conversations like that a new job should really be on the cards.

And I’m sure the other one gets spouted, ‘well all the other drivers do it’

rob22888:

dozy:
It does make me laugh , all these drivers moaning about sitting in the waiting rooms ( prisons apparently ) , moaning they have to listen to other drivers apparently moaning , makes me wonder who are the actual moaners

You don’t mind getting a numb arse in a crappy room for 2/3hrs then, rather than sat in the comfort & quiet of your cab?

Each to their own, but I can’t fathom any driver not being frustrated at waiting rooms. Especially the plastic chairs next to the toilet door type.

I spend enough time in the cab already , I’m not a hermit , do you never go outside of the 4 walls of your house at the weekend , pubs must be a nightmare for you with all those people , shouting , laughing , joking , enjoying themselves
As for toilets , I doubt you’ve been to Bristol rovers ground , it’s a ■■■■■■■■ , you stand in a inch of ■■■■ when your going , so a plastic chair near a toilet door would seem a luxury to me , at the end of the game I can’t hardly stand up as my knees have been Jamed against the seat in front .
Think I could stay at home in silence & the comfort of my living room !!

dozy:

rob22888:

dozy:

I spend enough time in the cab already , I’m not a hermit , do you never go outside of the 4 walls of your house at the weekend , pubs must be a nightmare for you with all those people , shouting , laughing , joking , enjoying themselves
As for toilets , I doubt you’ve been to Bristol rovers ground , it’s a [zb] , you stand in a inch of ■■■■ when your going , so a plastic chair near a toilet door would seem a luxury to me , at the end of the game I can’t hardly stand up as my knees have been Jamed against the seat in front .
Think I could stay at home in silence & the comfort of my living room !!

OK, so you prefer the waiting room, others would rather go and sit in their cab, as long as you have a choice what is the problem with either preference? Problems come when you don’t have a choice!

Having got up at Midnight after maybe not the best night’s (ha-ha) sleep, driven 30 minutes to the yard, waited for 90 minutes or more for either a unit, the outgoing goods to be unloaded - possibly from a trailer which hasn’t yet come in, or for a trailer for them to be put on, and then driven three and a half hours plus to the RDC, all the time aware that meeting the booking time is only just achievable, if and only if, I don’t stop for a pee, the one thing I really, really want is to get some horizontal rest in peace and quiet. Not to sit in an uncomfortable waiting room for one, two or three hours on a break which then allows/requires me to chase off immediately to the next rinse and repeat.

I’ve had enough of it all.
Another 2 days…and that’s me off the road.

As a newbie here, can I ask.

Why don’t they let you sit in your cab? Is it classed as dangerous place to be whilst on a bay?

Lincstrucker:
As a newbie here, can I ask.

Why don’t they let you sit in your cab? Is it classed as dangerous place to be whilst on a bay?

Some clowns have driven off on a red light in the past and we all get punished.

Even though we deposit our keys idk why they want us in w8ing rooms amazon let’s you uncoupling to sit in