wages now

not being nosey all . what sort of money are you on now doing the euro work ,
just been offered a job manchester to barcalona mainly . 4 a month .and works out at like £420 . a week .after tax and ins
thats inc your night out money .
is it me or is he taking the ■■■■
cheers all

aye a think he is put it this way a wouldnt b doing it

Dunno what the going rate for Euro work is bud but I was getting under a 100 more for doing just Scottish work Sun - Fri 100% legal after tax inc night out money.

well i now live in fife . so if ya hear on any jobs going pm me please

thanks

bigdaz1970:
well i now live in fife . so if ya hear on any jobs going pm me please

thanks

youll be lucky daz, ive been trying to get a job in fife for nearly 18 months, there is nothing and driver hire aint that great. where in fife are you?

£420 . a week .after tax and ins

That doesn’t sound too bad to me, assuming you mean take home.

depends on if your getting home if your staying out all week and getting weekended i’d want at least another 100quid before even considering

Ste164580

if your home he wants you to have your 45hrs off then back to work , so the time you get home and travel back , dont leave you much time at home .
also some times he might need you to go straight back out you get no extra for that ,

DAFMAD

yes that is after tax & ins

dont know about you but i sort of value myself at more than that . that proberly works out at minimum wage or close to it ,

daz if your not qwanting to go for it ill go for iti fyou want to pm me the details. 420 a week take home would do me plus a bit of travelling

:open_mouth:

■■■■ poor money.

don’t take less than £550

My bro used to work for eddies on uk work and he took home over 500 a week after deductions tramping. I want to get into tramping work but money doesnt seem worth it at the minute as from what I hear not many drivers are taking home over 500 which is what I would expect. Then again Ive only had class one a month so maybe some experience before the demands :stuck_out_tongue:

to me it all comes down to what you think you as a person want to earn if your happy with what a firm is offering then go for it because no matter what your earnig there’s always drivers out there that wouldn’t get out of bed for that sort of money lol . if your happy your happy & at the end of the day your all that matters. mick

So true mick, at the moment I earn between 5-600 a week before tax and I stay at home and have no crap from anyone I really have got a good job. To leave and go into a stressfull or eventful job would take that as take home. Also in notts the wages are holding up for now maybe elsewhere its worse but we’re doing ok. Its up to individual in my opinion.

Including my nights out I normally take home about £2100 a month.

i can see why anyone without a job or trying to get a break doing euro would think £420 is ok but in reality all they are doing is driving down the wage for everyone.much the same as poles etc get the blame. £550 would be as low as you should wish to go and might depend on on far you go in europe.

glenman:
i can see why anyone without a job or trying to get a break doing euro would think £420 is ok but in reality all they are doing is driving down the wage for everyone.much the same as poles etc get the blame. £550 would be as low as you should wish to go and might depend on on far you go in europe.

Maybe before the recession…

So deduct £30 a night, night out money & how much a week you left with then?

not a lot i guess.

Think this thread is relevant here:

http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=27540

About £1600 I suppose. My wages are distinctively average.