wages now

if you wont do it i will i have a mrs that could put good use to that money lol

when the pound went down recently my wages looked fantastic but not bad considering life in spain relatively cheaper than back in wales. 3 trips a month from malaga to uk or germany i get 2700euros take home if i had fridge would be more but they don’t seem to spend much time at home and work more nights than days

I’m averaging about £750/800 take home at moment. Exchange rate is helping greatly!

DAFMAD

yes that is after tax & ins

dont know about you but i sort of value myself at more than that . that proberly works out at minimum wage or close to it ,

BigDaz,

TAKE THE JOB,you can always jump ship, its easier to find work when in work, difficult when not!!! Anyhow, the wage your are being offered is better that the £60 dole and better than ZERO isnt it or do you have a stash to maintain ye life style ?

Sorry I dont know where ye comin from, Id sooner be in work earnin somethin that bein out earnin nowt. Its a steppin stone!!!

For all those on here sayin Ye wouldnt get out of bed for less than… Theres a massive recession on…WORLDWIDE… interesting to see what ye comments are this time next year… Get REAL… Nobody is indespensible and when push comes to shove in times of need somebody will do it for less if its a matter of keepin their head above water or sinkin…

So be grateful for what ye on and dont be countin ye chickens, rates in EVERY industry are on their way down sooner or later!

These ARE NOT THE TIMES TO BE CHOOSY!!!

oh, didnt you say sumwhere you ran yer own ? then surely you would know what the wages were ?

i see were your coming from mate , i used to have me own truck a few years ago , sold it cos of ■■■■ poor rates ,

see the thing that i think of with these companies is if you take a job for ■■■■■ money they will never go up, . and if no one takes it they will have to put the money to get a driver , also it took a long time for drivers rates to go up to a decent rate ,instead of the lowest wage possible .

i personely think we should have a minimum wage for class 1 class 2 &7.5t
that way no one could cut us to the bone ,

im lucky as i have no morgage , went bust december as i kept getting under cut and the good work i had dried up .

anyway good look everyone i hope you find something decent .

its money overall and a job nomatter what.

Wages are always a thorny topic in my eyes!!
There are always people that say ‘I wouldn’t get out of bed for that’ BUT there are people that are desperate for a job and will.
It is something I have never taken any notice of, to be honest. I don’t work to live these days being not that far off retirement age. I am more interested in the job and the conditions. Obviously, I won’t work for peanuts but a long as the take home is fair then I am happy. What is a fair wage, you ask? To me, a fair wage is decided by the job itself. Are you chased 20 hours a day? Is the Boss always expecting you to work to the max? Is the company sound? If you tell the boss, you need a 24 down on the Algarve and you won’t be ready to load back until the day after tomorrow, does he say ok?
OllieNotts said his brother earned over 500 doing UK tramping and I am sure all Euro drivers will agree, yes, you can earn more doing UK work but hell, give me euro work any day over the UK.
Four Barca’s a month for 420 take home sounds good money for easy peasy work to me. Jeez, we used to do 2 a week in the ‘bad old days’ LOLOL

I didnt know you got paid more for UK work suppose it makes sense with the madness lol. What is interesting is he was telling me the other day he was salaried to 450 a week take home for euro and he did one trip a week thursday to monday and was easiest job he’s ever done tramping he highly recommends it for the life itself but he did have blokes on ferry telling him they wouldnt work for less then 700 take home and thought he was stupid! Each to thier own eh and its better paying the bills then being skint :stuck_out_tongue:

one trip a week thursday to monday

how would that work then with Euro weekend HGV bans?

well it could be on perishable fridge work,or in countries where there is no weekend driving bans :smiley:

Driveroneuk:

one trip a week thursday to monday

how would that work then with Euro weekend HGV bans?

Not, sure although I know he used to get to barca and have to sit all day on a sunday with nowt to do :laughing: I can never understand why he never went to explore it more to be honest, other times he went, I am not sure of where but he used to meet a load of other blokes and go on the ■■■■ with em and then ring us up bladdered bragging about sitting outside the pub enjoying the sun while we got usual crap english weather :smiley: Also worth pointing out sometime he would come back on 6th day but I dont know if he got extra for that or not.