Wages for shunters

I work for Tesco Southampton as a shunter 4 x 12hr shifts I’ve never early no more than £34k prob top shunt earns close to £40k that’s nights sat-tues!!! £48k think someone’s talking porkies!!! Although some of the drivers at Southampton have early that, but that’s at work all the hours they can do!! Good luck to them, I do t want to be there the 4 days I got to be there!!!

welcome… you did realise that this thread is 4 years old?

del949:

may be so but at least they did their research before posting, people are always moaning posters dont do a search before making a new topic then they moan they have ressurected a 4 year old thread :exclamation: :confused: not that im saying you are, just in general :sunglasses:

oh and we’ve had threads resurrected from a longer time than 4 years ago, someone needs to resurrect the EVERYONE SIGN IN PLEASE thread :exclamation: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

No need to be so iffy, I was merely pointing out to the new poster that he was responding to an out of date posting with up to date information.
As a new member he may not have realised it was an old post.

Drivers in the petroleum companies were earning 40k + in the 80’s.

bigtruck:
Drivers in the petroleum companies were earning 40k + in the 80’s.

cockney shunters at tesco purfleet need paying £48 k :open_mouth: as shunters are failed truck drivers as they go round in circles! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: AND the knuckle draggers need to get some manners to go with it the arrogant Richard heads! :unamused: :bulb: :question: :exclamation: :wink:

hi spence
you made more than that at fowlers years ago

Shunters at our place are on less than the drivers. I do agree though that shunters earn every penny they get. They should be on a good wage.

I am shunting now and on £12 per hour plus shift allowance(I am on nights 37 hours a week) Easy job and dont get any hassle and have loads of free time to do nothing/read books watch tv go on the internet using company wifi…

I’m shunting for nothing to practice my reversing before I go out on the road.

LASHHGV:
Where i do my agency work one shunter does 6 days a week every week.
You do 11 hours and get paid for 12. With allowance etc you get about £144 a shift. 6 x £144 = £864.
Times this by 52 = £45k ish.
Not bad wages but you have no life and im not sure about working time directive as it doesnt seem to matter in this depot.

:smiley: Mustn’t take holidays either eh?

del949:

sometimes is it interesting to pick a old Treat up

:arrow_right: Just seen tsco dagenham Vacancy on there website

Wouldn’t mind at 45k. Only problem is I can’t fudging reverse :unamused:

I can assure people that the op was right, at the time he posted anyway. All tesco shunter a are full time drivers, and at the time that was what the money was. Harlow were on even more. With the ten hours a week ot and shift premiums etc, they were about 5k ahead of that. Hence all the depots being closed and moved, or moved from in house to contract and back again, to erode the terms and conditions. Hence they can’t get staff at Dagenham. When you get 6 weekends a year off, come in at 1am on Saturday and Sunday, every bank holiday and Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, do I think they’re worth £800 or so a week, dam right I do. Most jobs you can pull almost 6 a week Monday to Friday without much trouble, so I’d want those sorts of wages myself

Im not wondering that many Shunters acting so upsetting when they have no real Time off to recover. earning lots of Money and losing all Friends,…

B@Q shunters are on about £34;000 a year so I am told not bad for 8 hr days

So instead of making a new topic, as it seems a no no to some, dose anyone know the current pay for drivers at Thurrock, replying to OP

The three shunters we have at our place in Malaga are on circa 36K eur, trailers coming from all over Europe 24/7 so pretty much earn their money…

Quite possible,when I was on Agency some 26 years ago doing Tesco they was on £28K working w/e and rest days along with shift allowance

UnionJack:
Tesco shunters at Peterborough are on £30k basic (nights) + O/T, work it out, they only have to do 10 hours a week o/t to get an extra £5k a year, they do get close to £40k at peterborough, and the lads at Thurrock are on an old working contract so yes its possible

This is the key comment!