Waberers

We had a delivery of one of these guys today and it really shocked me the driver was English now living in Hungary! He was 24 and said he’d been most parts of Europe and waberers keep you out a month minimum. He hadn’t been home for 2 months though as he’s treating it as a big holiday before he comes back to the UK.

He was driving a Volvo and tbh it was pretty basic but it was in good condition.

Would/could you do it? See all of Europe for €1200 per month even if just for a year or so?

Not for that money no.

Don’t get me wrong the pay is absolute crap but as young lad with no ties I reckon it could be pretty good. I have absolutely no intention of doing this btw :laughing:

Bare in mind also you can get a 3 bed house with decent amount of land for around 25k not that you’d get to see it.

1200 euros a month, no way pedro.
Better off doing it the other way round, living in Hungary but on for a uk based haulier on whatever it is they are on £2500■■

There seems to me to be a good deal more younger drivers at these east european firms than at their UK counterparts.
The money might be crap but if they keep living out of the trailer side box and only spend on essentials and avoid UK style ■■■■ - ups they could soon get that £25k saved up…

axletramp:
There seems to me to be a good deal more younger drivers at these east european firms than at their UK counterparts.
The money might be crap but if they keep living out of the trailer side box and only spend on essentials and avoid UK style ■■■■ - ups they could soon get that £25k saved up…

Exactly what I was thinking. Lets face it if you work for a uk firm the chances of seeing half the places waberers go is pretty slim. Being young it’s not all about the coin but experiences.

maga:
We had a delivery of one of these guys today and it really shocked me the driver was English now living in Hungary! He was 24 and said he’d been most parts of Europe and waberers keep you out a month minimum. He hadn’t been home for 2 months though as he’s treating it as a big holiday before he comes back to the UK.

He was driving a Volvo and tbh it was pretty basic but it was in good condition.

Would/could you do it? See all of Europe for €1200 per month even if just for a year or so?

Sounds like a good idea I’m only 25 and I’m tramping In the UK at the min I’m treating it as a novelty seeing different places around the country I’ve never been, but wouldn’t mind trying continental

Beggars belief that any one thinks working for chump change and novelty is a good idea,all it does is subsidise the ability of these company’s to further undercut and thereby reduce the wages and employment opportunity’s for company’s and drivers trying to do the job,not just play at it,we’l be lucky to make 12oo euro a month at any job with these attitudes!

lynchy:
Beggars belief that any one thinks working for chump change and novelty is a good idea,all it does is subsidise the ability of these company’s to further undercut and thereby reduce the wages and employment opportunity’s for company’s and drivers trying to do the job,not just play at it,we’l be lucky to make 12oo euro a month at any job with these attitudes!

Hear Hear old boy

Lynchy is bang on the button.what kind fool works in another country for very bad cash delivering to the uk anyway.the younger generation are really getting dumber

Id love to do it tbh but moneys a Nono!! 1200 or so That’s prob equal to our money in there land! But I’d like to know how do they fit a months plus supplies in that box.

Good god no

Id do it for the adventure not the money, 2-3 months tops. I’ve always wondered why such a company can’t come in the UK & spend a month or whatever doing work for some zb outfit like tesco then go back, it’d save a few pennies & spell the end of cocky stupid tesco drivers who think their gods gift.:slight_smile::):slight_smile:

UK hauliers attitude towards the young makes it undesirable & almost impossible to drive for a living here so best to cast your net wide, go into Europe & gain more exposure/experience to the game (also help screw over the UK haulier who won’t give you a job/pay you a decent wage), I almost did it when I was 21 with none if this 25+/2yrs experience crap…

lynchy:

I dont think you understand the point. He LIVES in Hungary where you can get a 3 bed house with plenty of land for 25k. Obviously if he lived in the uk working for that money would be stupid. As for undercutting business’s it’s nothing new, it has and will continue to happen in a free market.

I think some of you old fellas forget what it’s like to be young, he has no wife, kids or mortgage to pay for, he’s doing it for the experience and seeing new places. If he was in it for the money do you think he’d choose lorry driving to make his millions? :laughing: :laughing:

The police drove one of their motors into Jenkinsons at Lockerbie during the week. Driver was already in jail.

Hell yeah, great place to work for an adventure!

People go backpacking round oz and do odd jobs to pay there way. Not a lot of difference realy.

kr79:
People go backpacking round oz and do odd jobs to pay there way. Not a lot of difference realy.

I spent 6 months in New Zealand doing farm work, for a pittance of pay. Maybe I am as bad Tommy Taliban!

I worked in a ski resort in France for £60 a week! Got food and accommodation and ski pass and hire all thrown in! But I didn’t do it for the money I did it for the experience! I’m 27 currently tramping all over and I would give the continent a shot tomorrow given the opportunity however my boss is a good payer and is good work so I have got greedy and am staying put! Ha ha!

id he tell you How much he was earning?

nearly there:
Lynchy is bang on the button.what kind fool works in another country for very bad cash delivering to the uk anyway.the younger generation are really getting dumber

What because they aren’t obsessed with money? Well we’ve seen where the older generation took us with their money obsession. More people living life for the joy of it and not purely for money would do the world of good for societiry and the world in general.

10 years ago yeah I’d have given this a go.