Waberers

mickyblue:
id he tell you How much he was earning?

I imagine the poster asked as it would be interesting to know

It’s pretty much what you do now Luke

happysack:

kr79:
People go backpacking round oz and do odd jobs to pay there way. Not a lot of difference realy.

I spent 6 months in New Zealand doing farm work, for a pittance of pay. Maybe I am as bad Tommy Taliban!

Exactly i spent six months in canada driving and it was the best experince of my life i just wish i hadnt had so much personal ptoblems and i would have still been there.

Years ago lots of young brits probaly done continental work for the experince but sadly not many go ovrr the water.

OVLOV JAY:
It’s pretty much what you do now Luke

Exactly and it took me till I was 29 to get this job and follow my dream of driving round Europe. If I could have done it earlier then I would have leapt at the chance, whatever the money.(I nearly got a job with a Norwigian company at 26) As it turns out my career turned out pretty spectacularly well so in hindsight I’m glad I didn’t get the chance!

switchlogic:

mickyblue:
id he tell you How much he was earning?

I imagine the poster asked as it would be interesting to know

Indeed, I just asked roughly how much. He said he still hadn’t worked out how the pay works but on average it was €1200. Highest he’d earnt one month was €1500.

Another interesting thing was how he kept in touch with office. He had a built in computer like the parcel vans have which he could use as a sat nav, phone and even browse the Internet! Full addresses just get sent to him on that, I bet you could months without talking to anyone from the office.

Not to mention Waberer’s probly take on anyone with a pulse & a licence out of a box of corn flakes so you’d be a shoe in if you fancy it. :stuck_out_tongue:

work there and spend half your life in “all 4 trucks” calais waiting for a load

maga:
Exactly what I was thinking. Lets face it if you work for a uk firm the chances of seeing half the places waberers go is pretty slim. Being young it’s not all about the coin but experiences.

Well said. Had I not moved to Canada in 2009 (24 at the time, as it happens) I’d consider doing the Warberer thing as a temporary adventure. I was doing European work before but it was almost always to the same few places in Germany and Switzerland and was getting very boring, hence my move here.
You cant put a price on life experiences and if you’re 24 (or whatever age) and have no ties, then why not. Yes its crap money but in 20 or 30 years time you wont regret having done it, unlike the millions of people out there who regret missed chances earlier in life.

I was doing turkey, georgia, albania, ukraine, croatia etc for less than that at 21, could’ve made more trunking to finland every morning and back to sleep in my own bed every night. and I know quite a few westerners driving ee trucks. and the wage I made working in a campground in michigan when I was 19 was many a day less than I got from returning the discarded empty bottles to the supermarket, can’t say that I regret that either :unamused:

Personally its wrong we need the level playing field
And most of us couldnt luve on that money etc

But its not going to change soon if anything will get worse
So an 18 yr old who just wants to drive past test prob more money than he get in a warehouse no ties or expenditure could be an adventure and good experience for them

Dont agree with the wages etcand all the undercutting but that another subject
And if and prob big if level play field does come then said young driver has the experiemce

Was 2 waberers on train other week double manned one 23 one 18
Who looked 14 thought was his mate til youngest got in driving seat

Was 2 waberers on train other week double manned one 23 one 18
Who looked 14 thought was his mate til youngest got in driving seat
[/quote]
As mentioned earlier, you just don’t see young UK lads driving lorries these days.
If a lad saves up and pays 2 or 3k to get a class 1 it’s because he’s keen and
wants to drive and see the country. Few UK operators will give him a start so
it’s an ideal situation for those with no ties or responsibilities to go to a european
firm and get the chance he wants.
Those who wouldn’t get out of bed for a chance like this should not ■■■■ on their bonfire.

I could live on 1200 / mth and I’m 36 with a missus, a house, a horse, a dog and a cat…

Personally, I’d do it, but I’ve got a job where I’m home every night and is 3 miles from my house and I take more than that home in 3 weeks, but my job is mundane and boring and same road all the time, if given the chance of a pay drop and a jaunt around Europe or my job, I’d take the pay drop in a heartbeat.

As Waberers used to be Hungariocamion I doubt they take
any one
they used to only send well qualified drivers into the west

if i had no tie’s over here i’d defintely do it! (i’m 24)

Waberers pays pittance. Living in Hungary same expensive, although most of the Hungarians have own properties. Their government is disgusting, their police as well… There is a reason, why so many of them already live in the UK… :smiley:

hitch:
any one

That’s history. Drivers are come and go there, most of them have brand new licence. Who wants to spend 6-8 weeks on the road■■?

hitch:
any one

They certainly do take anyone on. I had to back a Warberer truck on to a bay two years ago because both the drivers had been driving for less than 2 months each. They now also have a lot of trucks on Romanian plates with corresponding drivers. Not that Romanians are any better or worse than any one else when it comes to driving ability, they’re just cheaper, and thats all that matters. Hungarocamion is but a distant romantic memory.

hitch:
any one

Out of interest do they take on Brit drivers to do Brit work as they seem to be a lot about and i thought that would make sense ?

switchlogic:

nearly there:
Lynchy is bang on the button.what kind fool works in another country for very bad cash delivering to the uk anyway.the younger generation are really getting dumber

What because they aren’t obsessed with money? Well we’ve seen where the older generation took us with their money obsession. More people living life for the joy of it and not purely for money would do the world of good for societiry and the world in general.

10 years ago yeah I’d have given this a go.

So do you prefer working for better money now ?

bald bloke:

hitch:
any one

Out of interest do they take on Brit drivers to do Brit work as they seem to be a lot about and i thought that would make sense ?

I asked him this and he said that it wasn’t the case. He said at Christmas depending where you are there is a coach that picks you up to take you home and the wagon stays a truckstop in whatever country you’re in!