W & J Riding Ltd Longridge Preston

This one just turned up in the latest batch of pics Paul. :wink:

DEANB:

Thanks for that Dean as you know you can find the vehicles complete history here…
Scammell Rigid 8 Reg No FJH 102

moomooland:

DEANB:

Thanks for that Dean as you know you can find the vehicles complete history here…

That website is a credit to you Paul. The information about how much he paid for each vehicle and how much he
sold it for plus the dates is amazing. :wink:

DEANB:

moomooland:

DEANB:

That website is a credit to you Paul. The information about how much he paid for each vehicle and how much he

Couldn’t agree anymore, that website is fantastic, I’ve spent many an hour on there and thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you for your time Paul…

RJ

DEANB:

Guy Big J 8lxb:
Couldn’t agree anymore, that website is fantastic, I’ve spent many an hour on there and thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you for your time Paul. RJ

Thanks for the heads up and pleased you like the site.

I do have some trepidations though regarding the future of the website as i have received this email from host server Webs…

First, thanks for choosing Webs to create your website.
It’s been a pleasure to host your website and millions of others since we started our journey back in 2001.
In late 2011, Webs was acquired by Vistaprint, a company which specializes in customized marketing solutions for small businesses.
We have been maintaining website subscriptions under both Webs and Vistaprint for quite a while, but now it is time to bring all our customers to the Vistaprint brand.
During this transition, we launched a new website builder under the Vistaprint brand.
This builder provides a more modern and easy-to-use experience.
In March 2021 Webs will be moving your website to the Vistaprint website builder.
Don’t worry – we will take care of everything for you! We will ensure that your website design, domain, email, and all other data associated with your subscription will be available on the Vistaprint platform.
Additionally, your renewal term and price will be the same, and the upgrade itself will not cost any extra.

I just hope the transition works well as the site contains a vast amount of detailed info and over 2000 pictures so will have to wait and see fingers crossed.

moomooland:

DEANB:

Guy Big J 8lxb:
Couldn’t agree anymore, that website is fantastic, I’ve spent many an hour on there and thoroughly enjoyed it, thank you for your time Paul. RJ

I do have some trepidations though regarding the future of the website as i have received this email from host server Webs…

It’s been a pleasure to host your website and millions of others since we started our journey back in 2001.
In late 2011, Webs was acquired by Vistaprint, a company which specializes in customized marketing solutions for small businesses.
We have been maintaining website subscriptions under both Webs and Vistaprint for quite a while, but now it is time to bring all our customers to the Vistaprint brand.
During this transition, we launched a new website builder under the Vistaprint brand.
In March 2021 Webs will be moving your website to the Vistaprint website builder.
Don’t worry – we will take care of everything for you! We will ensure that your website design, domain, email, and all other data associated with your subscription will be available on the Vistaprint platform.
Additionally, your renewal term and price will be the same, and the upgrade itself will not cost any extra.

I just hope the transition works well as the site contains a vast amount of detailed info and over 2000 pictures so will have to wait and see fingers crossed.

Fingers crossed for that, Paul, after the experience of Fotopic

240 Gardner:

My thoughts exactly Chris, Fotopic was a nightmare.

moomooland:

240 Gardner:

My thoughts exactly Chris, Fotopic was a nightmare.

Lets hope it goes smoothly Paul. :wink:

This awful quality pic was on the front cover on a Commercial motor magazine. :unamused:

riding paul atki prid.PNG

Thanks for that Dean looks like it is Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4x2 tractor unit Reg No MTC 700G Fleet No 56 ‘Lively’ which was powered by a Gardner 180 and cost £3,943 direct from Atkinson on the 24th of July 1968.

moomooland:
Thanks for that Dean looks like it is Atkinson Mk I Silver Knight 4x2 tractor unit Reg No MTC 700G Fleet No 56 ‘Lively’ which was powered by a Gardner 180 and cost £3,943 direct from Atkinson on the 24th of July 1968.

Thats a clearer pic Paul. :wink:

Heres a clipping from 1994.

Click on page twice to read.

riding timax  94 pr.PNG

DEANB:
This awful quality pic was on the front cover on a Commercial motor magazine. :unamused:

Actually, that was an extract from the 1970 Atkinson calendar, which was poster size and had 40 photos on it. It involved a photographer being driven up the M1, and photographing 53 Atkinsons heading the other way, from which 40 were chosen. Here’s an explanation of why the quality wasn’t brilliant:

F7

273FA7B4-0C17-4963-862C-31E495875E2C.jpeg

Seddon Atkinson 400.

wj riding 2 prid.PNG

DEANB:
Seddon Atkinson 400.

Ah, ‘Novelty’ - I always liked its name, as one of the prototype turbocharged Gardners. It served Riding’s for 17 years!

Paul, One of Ridings Atkis on this Crane Fruehauf advert.

ridings atki.PNG

Thanks for the updates above Dean.

After a long illness long time serving Ridings driver John Fawcett aka “■■■■■■■■■■ John” sadly passed away peacefully at home on the 18th of January.
John aged 83 was one of the old school of the haulage industry and a true legend who was very well known and drove for Riding’s for many years.
The funeral service will take place at St. Bartholomew’s Church, Chipping on Monday the 31st of January at 1pm.

moomooland:

DEANB:

Guy Big J 8lxb:

Well it’s finally happened :frowning:

As of the 31st of August 2023 the W & J Riding website will be closing down, even though i have paid Webs.com an annual fee this last 14 years.
After all their reassurances the host server Webs.com who was taken over by Vistaprint back in 2011, stated to me yesterday in a brief email the following…

While we initially anticipated to move over your website to another website builder, we were unfortunately unable to do so due to unexpected technical limitations.
As such, you must move your website to another provider by August 31st, 2023, as it will cease to exist.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

And that was that at the click of a button the history of W & J Riding containing over 2500 images, all with detailed information, will be gone.
Thank you all for your valued support over the last 14 years.
Paul Anderson (Admin)

“customised marketing solutions”. Vomit.