W & J Riding Ltd Longridge Preston

Tom would not be happy He would be kicking stones round the yard :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

What a shower of ■■■■■-that is such a shame.

Such a shame Paul after all your hardwork over the last 14 years. Best website i have seen for the history and information on a haulier.
Never ceased to amaze me with the information Tom kept regarding prices etc,always intresting to read.

A02304.JPG

DEANB:
Such a shame Paul after all your hardwork over the last 14 years. Best website i have seen for the history and information on a haulier.
Never ceased to amaze me with the information Tom kept regarding prices etc, always interesting to read.

Cheers Dean, As you know Vistaprint told me in 2021 “Don’t worry – we will take care of everything for you! We will ensure that your website design, domain, email, and all other data associated with your subscription will be available on the Vistaprint platform.
Additionally, your renewal term and price will be the same, and the upgrade itself will not cost any extra”.

Then out of the blue on Thursday said “Were unfortunately unable to do so due to unexpected technical limitations”. :imp:

Its so big at 400MB with no download facility it’s impossible to move it over to another server even if i wanted to. :frowning:

Anyway one for the road here’s the info on Paul’s picture.

Atkinson Borderer 4X2 tractor unit Reg No MVD 432L Fleet No 21 ‘Courageous’ was powered by a ■■■■■■■ 220 engine in line with a Fuller 610 gearbox and group axle it is pictured here in 1979 heading North on the M50 at the junction with the A417.

After unloading steel plate in South Wales from Motherwell it had collected a return load of 20 tons of bagged fertilizer.

This work was done of behalf behalf of W.H. Holmes of Garstang for delivery to their storage facility at Winmarleigh near Preston which was quite a regular job for Riding’s at the time.

W…H. Holmes later became Safeguard Storage who themselves were eventually taken over by TDG Ltd.

my dad worked for W H HOLMES taken hover by PETER & DAVID GARDNER :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

1st ever 140 SCANIA i ever statin :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’m sure for a reasonable fee a good ‘Webby’ would move it for you and arrange hosting at a more industry recognised Web Host.

Post deleted.
Oily

oiltreader:
Post deleted.
Oily

Sorry for late reply Oily but have looked at all those sites you mentioned but unfortunately none are suitable.

Have a month left to try and get things sorted but due to the vast size of the content on the site, 400MB, it’s not looking good.

moomooland:

oiltreader:
Post deleted.
Oily

Sorry for late reply Oily but have looked at all those sites you mentioned but unfortunately none are suitable.

Have a month left to try and get things sorted but due to the vast size of the content on the site, 400GB, it’s not looking good.

Sorry to hear this. A forelorn hope, but contacting your local TV evening news about this is maybe worth the effort? It is certainly a human interest and local history story and their techies may have ideas.

Hi, I’ve sent you a pm with details of a guy who might be able to help.

Dennis Javelin:

Hi Dennis,

No PM in my inbox today.

Hi moomooland, I have just had a wee go on your website and it is possible to download the individual titles in PDF form, left click on title and right click on the page from drop down menu save as PDF to Documents, its takes seconds per page.
Oily

moomooland:
Atkinson Borderer 4X2 tractor unit Reg No MVD 432L Fleet No 21 ‘Courageous’ was powered by a ■■■■■■■ 220 engine in line with a Fuller 610 gearbox and group axle it is pictured here in 1979 heading North on the M50 at the junction with the A417.

After unloading steel plate in South Wales from Motherwell it had collected a return load of 20 tons of bagged fertilizer.

This work was done of behalf behalf of W.H. Holmes of Garstang for delivery to their storage facility at Winmarleigh near Preston which was quite a regular job for Riding’s at the time.

W…H. Holmes later became Safeguard Storage who themselves were eventually taken over by TDG Ltd.

Thanks for the info on that pic Paul. :wink:

You mentioned W.H.Holmes and heres a clipping from 1972.

1972 w h holmes scaniappg.PNG

moomooland:

Dennis Javelin:

Hi Dennis,

No PM in my inbox today.

It will be something I haven’t done properly. Can you send me a pm and I’ll respond to it.

I tried sending it again but it’s just sitting in my outbox. However I don’t think he’ll mind me giving out his details here so they are:

Contact details

Harry Fraser

Fraser Web Design

T: 07919 577 658
E: harry@fraserwebdesign.co.uk
W: fraserwebdesign.co.ukhttp://www.fraserwebdesign.co.uk/

Tell him that Tommy Gallacher gave you his details and he’ll do his best to help you.

Good luck

moomooland:

oiltreader:
Post deleted.
Oily

Have a month left to try and get things sorted but due to the vast size of the content on the site, 400GB, it’s not looking good.

That shot in my opinion is the finest that has ever appeared on the TN site it really does bring tears to the eyes ! What a class line up of the finest UK chassis of their time ! A credit to Mr T !!! I hope you can get a new “berth” for Tom’s “Baby” but if not they can’t erase our memories of one of the greatest UK Hauliers of the era ! Bewick.

Dennis Javelin:
I tried sending it again but it’s just sitting in my outbox. However I don’t think he’ll mind me giving out his details here so they are

Tell him that Tommy Gallacher gave you his details and he’ll do his best to help you.

Good luck

Thanks for that Tommy have sent him the details and see what he comes back with, hope he does mates rates. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :

By the way have actually just received your PM from earlier today. :smiley:

Bewick:
That shot in my opinion is the finest that has ever appeared on the TN site it really does bring tears to the eyes ! What a class line up of the finest UK chassis of their time ! A credit to Mr T !!! I hope you can get a new “berth” for Tom’s “Baby” but if not they can’t erase our memories of one of the greatest UK Hauliers of the era ! Bewick.

Cheers Dennis,

Will see what happens over the next month hopefully something might just turn up. :smiley:

The 110 SCANIA was ex SAM ANDERSON the trailer was a night mere could not keep tyres on it sold it after 12 months and bought a 3 axle with bigger tyres and a SCANIA 140 sleeper cab