Vote to leave the EU

I think the EU is a good idea shame about the gravy train MPs.I dont want EU NAVY ,ARMY ,orAIRFORCE we are well on the way to an EU navy with those two big silly aircraft carries that will form the main plank of a EU NAVY.I dont want a president or a EU foreign policy I dont trust them.

Wheel Nut:
You have to remember that we applied to join the little group in 1960. We were turned down twice for that and it was 13 years later before we were eventually allowed to join with Ted Heath as the premier in 1973.

I still believe we are better in than out, but believe Greece and Portugal jumped the gun

WE? You mean THEY dontcha Malc? The ORDINARY people of this country, contrary to what some believe, have NEVER voted for this bureaucratic monster.

I voted for the EU when Ted Heath had the vote to join.I have regretted voting yes ever since.This country has gone downhill since we joined,not entirely because of the EU,but being part of that hasn’t helped.

Dave the Renegade:
I voted for the EU when Ted Heath had the vote to join.I have regretted voting yes ever since.This country has gone downhill since we joined,not entirely because of the EU,but being part of that hasn’t helped.

I wasn’t old enough to vote for it, but my Common Market vote would have been the same as yours, and still is!

So, you anti EU chaps, have you ever stopped to think what would really happen to this country were we to pull out of the EU? Or have you fallen hook line and sinker for the myth peddled by the likes UKIP and the Daily Mail and think we’ll live in some little utopia that will be infinitely richer with work for all?

The reality is that if we pulled out of the EU we’d sink, and we’d drag the EU down with us. We’d become a pariah state that no one would want to do business with. We’d all become instantly poorer, wages wouldn’t go up, they’d go down because the cost of doing business would instantly go up. A country the size of the UK pulling out would destroy the EU. It wouldn’t as you think make us popular, it would make us deeply unpopular.

The EU isn’t perfect, probably never will be. Our own parliament is one of the oldest democracies in the world and it’s not perfect. But instead of ranting about how awful the EU is why don’t we work togther at making it what it could and should be. Instead of trying to destroy try and help create.

We’re not the huge empire building nation of days past, we’re a rich but small country. We won’t prosper alone, only by working togther with our neighbours. The European Union could be an amazing thing, but it’s up to us to make it that, we are the people.

Bernard Manning had the right idea.Turn the channel tunnel into a sewer pipe and send our crap to France :laughing: .

switchlogic:
So, you anti EU chaps, have you ever stopped to think what would really happen to this country were we to pull out of the EU? Or have you fallen hook line and sinker for the myth peddled by the likes UKIP and the Daily Mail and think we’ll live in some little utopia that will be infinitely richer with work for all?

The reality is that if we pulled out of the EU we’d sink, and we’d drag the EU down with us. We’d become a pariah state that no one would want to do business with. We’d all become instantly poorer, wages wouldn’t go up, they’d go down because the cost of doing business would instantly go up. A country the size of the UK pulling out would destroy the EU. It wouldn’t as you think make us popular, it would make us deeply unpopular.

The EU isn’t perfect, probably never will be. Our own parliament is one of the oldest democracies in the world and it’s not perfect. But instead of ranting about how awful the EU is why don’t we work togther at making it what it could and should be. Instead of trying to destroy try and help create.

We’re not the huge empire building nation of days past, we’re a rich but small country. We won’t prosper alone, only by working togther with our neighbours. The European Union could be an amazing thing, but it’s up to us to make it that, we are the people.

Nothing but scare tactics there. The truth is that nobody knows what would happen if we jumped off of this gravy train for politicians and human rights lawyers but personally I’m more than willing to take my chances. The idea of Europe coming together is laudable but the reality is, unfortunately, laughable. Or it would be if we weren’t sinking in the quagmire that is the European Union. But we shouldn’t expect a Euro-trucking trainee lawyer to see that.

44 Tonne Ton:

switchlogic:

Nothing but scare tactics there. The truth is that nobody knows what would happen if we jumped off of this gravy train for politicians and human rights lawyers but personally I’m more than willing to take my chances. The idea of Europe coming together is laudable but the reality is, unfortunately, laughable. Or it would be if we weren’t sinking in the quagmire that is the European Union. But we shouldn’t expect a Euro-trucking trainee lawyer to see that.

Ah, a Eurosceptic talking about scare tactics, that’s a good one.

Should have kept Europe as It was before the Eastern block countries joined…

Geoffo:
Should have kept Europe as It was before the Eastern block countries joined…

That is what the Europeans said about us before 1973, in fact they had been saying it since 1960 :stuck_out_tongue:

Surely you can see the benefits of membership living in Belgium

So the EU will turn its back on sixty to seventy million cutomers ,dont think so, it is only the gravy train MPs that want to stay in EU super state.By the way what austerity mesures has the EU or its commisioners taken …NONE,

Denis F:
If they change the rules it will probably make them worse !!!

there is no option for being outside the EU, what we should have done is joined earlier and made it more friendly towards us !

When the UK had it’s only referendum on the EU, as it’s become known, we were assured by the then PM Ted Heath (arse hole ) that it was only ever going to be a trading only thing and at that time was referred to as the European Economic Community or EEC. Look what it has now become and what it’s underhanded intentions were all along ! I voted against it at the time and would vote against it now, that is if the Politicians have the bottle to give us,the voter,a shout on the matter which I very much doubt.IMO we would be far better off being OUT and don’t for one minute believe the bollox about our trade suffering either.You can’t tell me that those slimy ■■■■■■■■ the Frogs and the Krauts will stop trading with us either,buisness is buisness and they do plenty with us and would not walk away from that I can tell you.If we continue to kid ourselves that we are part of “Europe” then in a few years time we will have achieved the status of an “off shore” banana republic,which is exactly where the Frogs and Krauts wish to see us !! You have been warned !! Bewick.

Bewick:

Denis F:

there is no option for being outside the EU, what we should have done is joined earlier and made it more friendly towards us !

When the UK had it’s only referendum on the EU, as it’s become known, we were assured by the then PM Ted Heath (arse hole ) that it was only ever going to be a trading only thing and at that time was referred to as the European Economic Community or EEC. Look what it has now become and what it’s underhanded intentions were all along ! I voted against it at the time and would vote against it now, that is if the Politicians have the bottle to give us,the voter,a shout on the matter which I very much doubt.IMO we would be far better off being OUT and don’t for one minute believe the bollox about our trade suffering either.You can’t tell me that those slimy [zb] the Frogs and the Krauts will stop trading with us either,buisness is buisness and they do plenty with us and would not walk away from that I can tell you.If we continue to kid ourselves that we are part of “Europe” then in a few years time we will have achieved the status of an “off shore” banana republic,which is exactly where the Frogs and Krauts wish to see us !! You have been warned !! Bewick.

I disagree as the local area that once thrived from Europe was Hull where I lived, the thing that ruined Hull was the dockers attitudes believing Britain was self sufficient. From shipping to food processing, timber imports and machinery exports, it all became much simpler and possible to transport our produce across the sea to Holland, Germany and beyond.

Would Milnthorpe have survived without an american company buying your local farmers milk? I doubt it, the farmers grew to supply Libbys. Would Nestlé have been interested in a small dairy in a lakeland village? I know Libby was a large customer of yours as was I believe Findus, both owned by Nestlé. Many of the paper manufacturers that needed lakeland water were owned by the Europeans.

If it wasnt for the Germans you wouldnt have needed a factory & submarine base in Barrow in Furness. I think you can attribute your massive growth in transport due to the Common Market and not the TK Bedford that I saw pictured recently.

You can Trade with other countries but there is no need to become tied to them either politically or fiscally surely Wheelnut ? Your ramblings about Milnthorpe are difficult to put into the same context as the ongoing problems with the EU.The two paper mills in s.■■■■■■■ were both owned by British shareholders and both of them got pulp from Scandinavia and America and the main of their production was sold within the UK.As for Libby’s yes it was an American co. but it’s raw material was sourced locally and sold throughout the UK with a little % going to overseas destinations other than mainland Europe.So as far as Libby’s was concerned,prior to the Nestle takeover, Milnthorpe was a “free standing” operation and wasn’t dependant on external markets.Until Bewick Transport ventured into Europe in 1990 all our traffic was solely within the UK and did not depend on traffic from the EU.My reasoning still stands,why do we have to be increasingly ruled from the EU,the two main players do not ,and never have,liked the British and will do everything in their underhanded way to disadvantage us at every turn and if we don’t wake up and acknowledge this fact it will soon be too late. But never mind,as I see major eruptions coming in southern europe in the near future which may,with any luck,see the whole EU eddifice come crashing down,job done Hurrah !!! Cheers Bewick.

Bewick:
You can Trade with other countries but there is no need to become tied to them either politically or fiscally surely Wheelnut ? Your ramblings about Milnthorpe are difficult to put into the same context as the ongoing problems with the EU.The two paper mills in s.■■■■■■■ were both owned by British shareholders and both of them got pulp from Scandinavia and America and the main of their production was sold within the UK.As for Libby’s yes it was an American co. but it’s raw material was sourced locally and sold throughout the UK with a little % going to overseas destinations other than mainland Europe.So as far as Libby’s was concerned,prior to the Nestle takeover, Milnthorpe was a “free standing” operation and wasn’t dependant on external markets.Until Bewick Transport ventured into Europe in 1990 all our traffic was solely within the UK and did not depend on traffic from the EU.My reasoning still stands,why do we have to be increasingly ruled from the EU,the two main players do not ,and never have,liked the British and will do everything in their underhanded way to disadvantage us at every turn and if we don’t wake up and acknowledge this fact it will soon be too late. But never mind,as I see major eruptions coming in southern europe in the near future which may,with any luck,see the whole EU eddifice come crashing down,job done Hurrah !!! Cheers Bewick.

We will have to differ on this, but my problem with the EU is not with them, it is with us, we send 27 failed or unseated politicians to represent us where in fact we should have all our guns blazing in Brussels and leave the minions at home to end petty squabbles amongst local councils.

Wheel Nut:

Bewick:

We will have to differ on this, but my problem with the EU is not with them, it is with us, we send 27 failed or unseated politicians to represent us where in fact we should have all our guns blazing in Brussels and leave the minions at home to end petty squabbles amongst local councils.

No, the real problem with Europe is that we have to endure another layer of bureaucrats who have no idea about the lives of the ordinary people of Europe and how their diktats from above impact on us. And for the privilege of listening to their bollox we pay them top dollar plus handsome expenses. After the recent expenses scandal here in which we saw a very small minority of the ■■■■■■■ crooks “hung out to dry” to enable the rest to slip under the radar, do you have any doubts this same scenario isn’t being played out in Euroland? I seriously doubt it. I am and always will be against this seemingly relentless process of centralising everything whether that’s here or in Euroland. It’s a bankers/politicians ■■■■■■■■■…

• What it really means is do a little bit of easy porridge then come and get your old job back… :smiling_imp:

If this means that
:smiley: There are less non-UK trucks pouring in throgh our ports
:smiley: There are less EU and non-EU drivers being fined (and imprisoned) for hours and C&U offernces
:smiley: There are less accidents on the motorways involving left hand drive trucks and cars
:smiley: We can set our own drivers hours regulations
:smiley: There are less European drivers giving British drivers more work
:smiley: We can start resourcing food from the likes of NZ (remember the when you could afford NZ Lamb!)
:smiley: We start using more UK produce giving UK hauliers more work
Then YES - lets vote to leave the EU!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

if you think that all this will happen if we leave the EU, then you really need to go and see a doctor to increase your medication :unamused:

the only one that you have listed there that might (but, highly unlikely) happen is the UK setting their own drivers hours rules

Our rules won’t change. They like it that way.