Vote to leave the EU

wont happen im affraid. face it people we are in it for the long term. as denis says when we went into it we should of bantered for a better position for ourselves, unfourtunatly that didnt happen and over the years have given more away, which theres no way we will ever renegoiate back.
they main worry for us now is the veto option we have for any decsions the eurozone memebers make, that will soon be weakened even more.
i think what people are more peeved off about is the fact that all three parties have had it in there manifestos leading up to the general election to give people a say on euro membership yet here we see the politicians going back on their words and telling us how they know whats right for us. far as im concerned i would like to see a bit of democrocey excercised in this country for once instead of hearing how well the goverment are doing trying to bring democrocey to arab countries and other states…

If the EU was done properly, and hadn’t invited all Eastern/poorer countries to join the party all at once, we wouldn’t have so much of a problem of eastern haulers paying slave wages thereby being able to undercut our haulage industry. Instead, it was rushed, same reason why the euro currency is in such ■■■■ with Greece.

Being in the EU has its pros and cons, I think we’d suffer big time if we suddenly pulled out of the EU, but we should have the balls to not accept some of the crap which comes out of it like trailer heights, prisoner votes etc. These policies are made up by unelected judges in Strasbourg and the EU expect us to say “how high” when they say “jump”. I can’t remember when I last voted on an EU policy like I have voted on UK policies. Oh hang on…

I’m personally hoping it will eventually collapse in on itself. There is nothing of value to be had for the working people of this country whilst we continue to be members of this big business club. All we can look forward to is a steady decline in living standards as the East Europeans/Turks and every other Tomasz, Ivan and Hussein make hay.

roadhog69:
If this means that
:smiley: There are less non-UK trucks pouring in throgh our ports
:smiley: There are less EU and non-EU drivers being fined (and imprisoned) for hours and C&U offernces
:smiley: There are less accidents on the motorways involving left hand drive trucks and cars
:smiley: We can set our own drivers hours regulations
:smiley: There are less European drivers giving British drivers more work
:smiley: We can start resourcing food from the likes of NZ (remember the when you could afford NZ Lamb!)
:smiley: We start using more UK produce giving UK hauliers more work
Then YES - lets vote to leave the EU!! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

One set of quite simple rules is enough, most drivers cannot understand those, you would still have to use 561/2006 or AETR in Europe

44 Tonne Ton:
There is nothing of value to be had for the working people of this country whilst we continue to be members of this big business club.

You are free to go and live and work anywhere in the big business club, you can cross all their borders without restriction or extra cost.

You can go on holiday to Euroland with nothing more than a passport, no visa applications, interviews or blocking system.

More choice in shops, more choice on cross border shopping.

Cheap flights without having to use national flag carriers

pets are able to travel without quarantine

Wheel Nut:

44 Tonne Ton:
There is nothing of value to be had for the working people of this country whilst we continue to be members of this big business club.

You are free to go and live and work anywhere in the big business club, you can cross all their borders without restriction or extra cost.

Not an option I’m considering.

You can go on holiday to Euroland with nothing more than a passport, no visa applications, interviews or blocking system.

I’d be happy to do a bit more paperwork as the price for getting rid of this undemocratic behemoth.

More choice in shops, more choice on cross border shopping.

You’re easily bought Malc!

Cheap flights without having to use national flag carriers

I haven’t flown for over a year. Can’t afford to with wages going backwards due to the influx of former Russkies!

pets are able to travel without quarantine

Our little brickie doesn’t need to be quarantined!

:stuck_out_tongue:

44 Tonne Ton:
I’m personally hoping it will eventually collapse in on itself. There is nothing of value to be had for the working people of this country whilst we continue to be members of this big business club. All we can look forward to is a steady decline in living standards as the East Europeans/Turks and every other Tomasz, Ivan and Hussein make hay.

here here

You have to remember that we applied to join the little group in 1960. We were turned down twice for that and it was 13 years later before we were eventually allowed to join with Ted Heath as the premier in 1973.

I still believe we are better in than out, but believe Greece and Portugal jumped the gun

Talking with a French driver last week he said it all went wrong when the wall came down…

woodstock:
Talking with a French driver last week he said it all went wrong when the wall came down…

So it was the bloody Germans again who caused World War 3

It will never happen we only have a phoney democracy, when the Swiss become full members it may be going in the right direction.As for Greece why did they join the have sun sea islands all over ,apart from their own MPs getting their snowt in the tough what did the greek joe soaps get.

seems the french man has short memory of his country under control of the nazis and vichy during world war two, maybe a short spell of living life under the watchful eyes of the stasi and their network of informers would maybe make him think about blaming the east germans…

fuse:
It will never happen we only have a phoney democracy, when the Swiss become full members it may be going in the right direction.As for Greece why did they join the have sun sea islands all over ,apart from their own MPs getting their snowt in the tough what did the greek joe soaps get.

I doubt we will see Switzerland in the EU as one of their stumbling blocks is neutrality and staying out of conflicts, would they be able to sit back or supply an army to invade Kazhaxasid if it came to it?

They already have the EU trade membership which allow us to to use it as a transit route with simplified paperwork and them to be able to lock their borders at night.

As for EU membership I think this document is very revealing about the Open Europe that people wish for.

euromove.org.uk/fileadmin/fi … lation.doc

We have used asbestos for thousands of years, up until the 1930 men went to work to mine asbestos, it has taken 100 years to get the use of asbestos stopped. I use to play with an asbestos fire blanket when I was a kid, how many of us have worked with asbestos brake linings. It took the EU to finally introduce sufficient legislation to make it safer