Vosa

Got pulled by vosa, they checked unit and trailer all ok, they then took my digi card which I knew had infringements on it(I gave them my print outs), they gave me my card back and sent me on my way. Is there any chance vosa will follow up my infringements or do they have to take action on the day?

Don,t worry they would have done you then and there,obviously nothing too bad on your infringements,so crack on.

Cheers Bud

Thereal-john:
Cheers Bud

No worry,s

Some of the enforcers are not too sure what they are enforcing. :wink:

I had occasion to be driving well over my 4.30 in France. I had loaded and done a bit and my favourite restaurant was closed. I continued looking for somewhere else to eat and I came across a huge Ministry checkpoint, they pulled me in, went over the truck and trailer and took my card away. I sweated for about 30 minutes knowing I couldn’t afford a big fine, he sauntered back with a swagger, passed me all my documents and card and bid me bonne route :confused:

I was bricking it that night…

They were at Rugby truckstop this morning. Bang out of order letting em on site. Will use the red lion next monday.

Why?

pavaroti:
They were at Rugby truckstop this morning. Bang out of order letting em on site. Will use the red lion next monday.

Personally i would rather see VOSA at truck stops when your not doing anything then have them pulling me off the road and causing a delay

cieranc:
Why?

No way for a truckstop to treat it’s customers, allowing vosa in to harrass those on there daily rests or breaks. They have the choice, it’s private land, but choose to disrespect those who pay there bills.

AHT:

pavaroti:

Personally i would rather see VOSA at truck stops when your not doing anything then have them pulling me off the road and causing a delay

They don’t have to let them in. why should they to scare custom away, madness.

pavaroti:

cieranc:
Why?

No way for a truckstop to treat it’s customers, allowing vosa in to harrass those on there daily rests or breaks. They have the choice, it’s private land, but choose to disrespect those who pay there bills.

Or they dont want Illigal trucks on the road any more then the next man

The customers that get “scared away” are probably the ones they don’t want anyway, Ever heard of the term conscientious?

Never :laughing:

[quote=“AHT” Ever heard of the term conscientious?[/quote]
yes,but never in connection with truckstops

Do you have to make a print out everyday, or will they have everything they need on the card? I have been driving 8 months, and never made a print out.

bojangles:
Do you have to make a print out everyday, or will they have everything they need on the card? I have been driving 8 months, and never made a print out.

It’s all on the card,nice and neat that way.

I would welcome the VOSA come and do a fleet inspection - if you’ve nowt to hide whats the problem?

You can’t complain about foreign trucks running bent/unroadworthy, then complain about VOSA doing checks.

cieranc:
I would welcome the VOSA come and do a fleet inspection - if you’ve nowt to hide whats the problem?

You can’t complain about foreign trucks running bent/unroadworthy, then complain about VOSA doing checks.

yes he can, and obviously does :unamused:

Wheel Nut:
Some of the enforcers are not too sure what they are enforcing. :wink:

I had occasion to be driving well over my 4.30 in France. I had loaded and done a bit and my favourite restaurant was closed. I continued looking for somewhere else to eat and I came across a huge Ministry checkpoint, they pulled me in, went over the truck and trailer and took my card away. I sweated for about 30 minutes knowing I couldn’t afford a big fine, he sauntered back with a swagger, passed me all my documents and card and bid me bonne route :confused:

I was bricking it that night…

Indeed… but that can work the other way too. A few months back I was pulled over near Bordeaux - and the genderme took a lot of convincing that ‘other work’ didn’t count as driving :unamused: . He even had to phone his supervisor… and then had to back down in front of a very pretty lady officer that he seemed to be well smitten by. I was bricking it a bit too - even though I knew it would be all right in the end. As it was, I just lost an hour and a half :frowning: - totally pointlessly wasted as everything was in order. I managed to make it look like I had got away on a technicality, enabling him to save face.

The French can be deliberately reasonable too though - I came through a peage once, on the phone (like you do) and was stopped by a guy with a silly hat and moustache. I admitted that I had been on the phone. He checked my card, driving licence, etc etc and… gave me everything back after five minutes and wished me bon journee.

As an aside, a truck stop may be privately owned, but as it has free access to the public it is deemed to be a public highway for the purposes of the Road Traffic Act (vehicles need to be tested, insured, taxed etc even though on private land).
As such, I doubt the truck stop owners could stop VOSA visiting their site. If they did kick up a fuss, it’s only going to ■■■■ the VOSA off and make them more likely to keep coming back.

think its funny when vosa try and question you or look at the truck and trailer when you parked up on a break cause you can quiet legally tell them to bugger off and come back later and theres nothing they can do about it