Vosa Presence!!!

Has anyone else noticed a serious presence of vosa on motorways, A roads and even on the services… Is it just me or have i also noticed that not as many Irish wagons are flying past at 65mph+. Vosa were out on force last week on the 62 services with a few irish lorries grounded with those wire thingys that they put round there tyres so they cant move… Vosa must be clamping down now on foreign lorries in the U.K… I’ve defnitley seen a bigger presence of them lately, spcially on the M6 near Stafford… Maybe its just because its a quiet time of year after christmas…

i have seen them at south mims pulling over NON uk Lorry’s mainly

roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … pread.html

Not according to the higher authority

VOSA our fairweather friends :laughing:
if its sunny 70% chance of a pull
if its raining 50%
if its snowing run like ■■. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thin on the ground ■■? they are EVERYWHERE :frowning: :frowning: gone are the days of running on the wire… :unamused: :unamused: although to be fair vosa are generally friendly and polite in england and wales, pity cant say the same for the ones north of the border!! gestapo comes to mind with them :frowning: :frowning:

keep er lit:
Thin on the ground ■■? they are EVERYWHERE :frowning: :frowning: gone are the days of running on the wire… :unamused: :unamused: although to be fair vosa are generally friendly and polite in england and wales, pity cant say the same for the ones north of the border!! gestapo comes to mind with them :frowning: :frowning:

:laughing: :laughing: yep there are some in the scottish side who havent a clue how to talk to drivers, if i get tugged i now just sit and wait and see if they gonna be friendly or nasty, if there friendly then i’ll be friendly back if there nasty well it be minimal communication with them.

they are pulling foreign lorries, and irish lorries, from north and south of the border. it is [zb]ing ridiculous.
they should pull all the supermarket lorries, who’s drivers arn’t allowed to secure loads, or get on with a lorry drivers job.

To be fair to VOSA, they are pulling mainly foreign trucks which they know will not meet UK requirements. This is only helping the UK trucking industry which is more than can be said for the government. As you all know they come in using diesel bought before they get here, they don’t pay tax, insurance or spend any money at all here. So the more foreign wagons VOSA pull then the better. I would also point out the fact that where you see the foreign trucks at VOSA checkpoints, quite a lot of them are parked up beyond the ‘working’ area which means they have literally been told they are not going anywhere. This is a sight that is very common as you know, and we all know why don’t we.

Saw 3 of their 4x4’s yesterday on the way back from Birmingham, one had pulled a lorry.

I remember a few months ago they had a motorcycle copper on the hard shoulder of the M74 just before Bothwell services who was waving selected lorries in the direction of the services, where the VOSA people were.

Is it just me, was it not downright dangerous for a guy to be standing on the hard shoulder in this way?

Kerbdog:
As you all know they come in using diesel bought before they get here, they don’t pay tax, insurance or spend any money at all here.

So what’s the difference between foregin trucks coming into this country and doing that and UK trucks crossing through Europe and filling up in the cheapest countries and doing exactly the same thing? :unamused:

Didnt France at one time have a law that if you came into their country with a tankful of juice, you got stung for smugulling fuel? ( I know its not likely now but at one time UK fuel was cheap compared to our neighbours)

Yes,the limit was 200 litres and French Customs used to climb up the step in Calais and look at your fuel gauge, whereupon the officer would see a 10 Franc coin sitting on the fuel gauge bezel. In removing this to get a clear view of the needle, he would become forgetful, place the 10 franc coin in his pocket and then forget to look at the gauge, with its needle firmly wedged against the “Full” marker. :wink:

It’s not something to shout about but as my O licence is red on the OCRS, if I or any of my “Dodgy” cohorts are seen by a low flying Galaxy then I/we are guaranteed a pull.

This week I’ve been pulled in twice.

I’m now on first name terms with the local VE’s !!! Thats not a joke btw. :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Harry Monk:
Yes,the limit was 200 litres and French Customs used to climb up the step in Calais and look at your fuel gauge, whereupon the officer would see a 10 Franc coin sitting on the fuel gauge bezel. In removing this to get a clear view of the needle, he would become forgetful, place the 10 franc coin in his pocket and then forget to look at the gauge, with its needle firmly wedged against the “Full” marker. :wink:

Ah,the good old days,except when i started(1990)it was 20ffr note sticking out of the bottom of your hand that was on the wheel,inflation eh!

Came up the road from Nottingham today.They were at Barnsdale Bar,north and south bound;also at Boston Spa and Carlisle.

Dont want to appear a cynic, but I think it’s more to do with raising revenue than road safety that brings them out.
Alex

I would agree Alex ! They are all about money now orders from Alistair Darling and Broon from North Queensferry

Hello, Willie, fancy meeting you here!
Eck.

Another cynical view maybe job justifcation prior to potential cuts in all government agency numbers to cut defecits.