Vosa.No need to stop

With new technology in place.They will not have to stop a vehicle to check tachograph hours.
They input the registration number and the offences and all activity is displayed while they sit in the van while you drive past.
What is your opinion on this.Would office workers object to being monitored and surveilled while going about your work.?
George Orwell wrote a book called Big Brother.1984.It seems what he predicted has come true.
The UK has the most cctv’s in the world.
In the Usa/Canada they do not use tachos as that is evidence that will be used against you.
In the UK and get stopped for over speeding,you can only get nicked for construction and use if the over speed is find out after the event.
So you have to be caught letting it roll down the hill at the time it happens and not at a later date.

Yep it’s a quarndry!

Korea is working on a jammer. :smiley:

who really cares though, ateotd if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to worry about!

B…

Exactly, whilst you drive by with a green light and your records clean they’re not pulling you in and finding an axle a bit overweight or a tiny air leak from a valve with all the hassle involved, instead they’ll be concentrating on the blatant pee takers.

Juddian:
Exactly, whilst you drive by with a green light and your records clean they’re not pulling you in and finding an axle a bit overweight or a tiny air leak from a valve with all the hassle involved, instead they’ll be concentrating on the blatant pee takers.

They have to pull a percentage of green to make sure your are still good boys and girls.

Hmm wonder if my digi card could be cloaned bit like me a k card

toby1234abc:
With new technology in place.They will not have to stop a vehicle to check tachograph hours.
They input the registration number and the offences and all activity is displayed while they sit in the van while you drive past.
What is your opinion on this.Would office workers object to being monitored and surveilled while going about your work.?
George Orwell wrote a book called Big Brother.1984.It seems what he predicted has come true.
The UK has the most cctv’s in the world.
In the Usa/Canada they do not use tachos as that is evidence that will be used against you.
In the UK and get stopped for over speeding,you can only get nicked for construction and use if the over speed is find out after the event.
So you have to be caught letting it roll down the hill at the time it happens and not at a later date.

It would be a obvious worry to me,being pushed more and more you do tend to make mistakes when it comes to hours ,at the moment infringements get filednobody bothers,never get pulled as on a green light,but if the could check my tacho whilst driving I could end up in trouble with£££££££ to pay,hope it doesn’t happen

Probably be a system where drivers are uploading to a VOSA website via a USB port weekly anyway.

OCRS is flawed. In VOSA’s view getting a truck through MOT first time, by correctly adjusting the headlight beam, is the pinnacle of maintenance and safe operating, I’d disagree. There’s also an issue with operators becoming so obsessed with first time MOT pass that resources are disproportionately devoted to MOT prep with other general maintenance suffering.

toby1234abc:

I’d say a majority of US and an increasing minority of Canadian trucks are now on electronic log books. Even on paper log books, they’ll be used against you just like anything else if they don’t match toll receipts, fuel receipts, border crossings and the like. North America is catching up quick to the Orwellian dream that the EU now lives in.

It won’t be happening any time soon. There is no such network nor infrastructure currently in place for this sort of set up.

Think to yourself, even with a brand new tacho with the technology to transmit data…just how and to where will it be accessed.

what a load of RDC bulls#! t.
why do people beleive all this crap about what vosa are doing or going to do.
do you really think that some knod in a vosa car is going to come along side you and point something in the direction of your tacho and download information on to a laptop.
there is 2 major problems wrong with this that people haven’t even considered.

1. when pointing something via inferred it can only send and not receive.
  2. if they were going to receive info via blue tooth then every blue tooth tacho would have to be paired up with the receiving device which is impossible unless its accepted by the device being requested.
    and just to throw another one at you.
  3. if the technology did exist and some knob from vosa was to point anything at my motor to get info I would just simply brake and slow down so that he ends up going past and losing any connection with me.

stop listening to RDC bulls#! t people.

rant over.

So they input the reg, that will not tell them who is driving, so are they going to stop me for the night drivers faults or some one who was driving it when I was on holiday.
Over speed is not illegal, so that isn’t a problem.
Have you been spending too much time in RDC waiting rooms.

I did read a year or so back that in several years from now the EU is hoping to implement new digital tacho’s that will be read by road side gantries, in the same way that road tolls are paid as you drive in the likes of Germany, Austria etc. There wont be anyone driving next to you, pointing anything at you, but the truck will on motorways, every so often drive past a gantry and the tacho unit will electronically send information, especially if there is an infringement and if so, you may, or may not get pulled further up the road. Quite how feasible this will be, or whether or not it’ll ever happen, I don’t know. One thing I am confident about is that the EU is quite mad on regulation and bureaucracy and as such things will only get worse, more restrictive and more intrusive as time goes along.

dozy:
It would be a obvious worry to me,being pushed more and more you do tend to make mistakes when it comes to hours ,at the moment infringements get filednobody bothers,never get pulled as on a green light,but if the could check my tacho whilst driving I could end up in trouble with£££££££ to pay,hope it doesn’t happen

They only push you mate if you allow them to :bulb: .If you are pushed you don’t only make hours mistakes you can also make dangerous mistakes. You said yourself it’s going to cost YOU £££s :smiling_imp:, so why let them? Tell them to go and ■■■■ themselves as it is YOUR licence.
No offence mate, just a bit of friendly good advice.
Having worked for the Dutch I know what I am on about, I worked at my own reasonable steady (not slow) pace and still got through the same workload, and got paid the same as the…heroes :unamused:
Same applies today doing UK work in my present job, it never ceases to amaze me what some of our drivers are willing to do for the crap rate we are on :unamused: .
As for the thread subject, load of ■■■■■■■■ in my opinion :unamused:

one drivers at some RDC LAST WEEK TALK ME WHO HE HAD OVERDRIVING 10 HOurs limit for 30 min.he call to company boss ,report all.and talk me who now he don t worry about infrigement because VOSA HAVE some special web site,and company boss now log on and sent info to VOSA ,why this drivers overdrive limit.and if VOSA stop him chech sistem and no penalty.
2.another drivers talk who if he sign infrigement paper,nobody can give penalty .
3.RUMOUR. one drivers said who VOSA have weighbridge in road surface at motorway M6 NEAR Birmingham.so they can check every lorry weigh automaticly and stop after

Current proposals for changes due around 2017/2018 DO include a possibility of remote access to Digital Tachographs made from that date.

HOWEVER - Due to restrictions regarding personal data the authorities would not have remote access to the drivers details. They would be able to see if offences have taken place and also when - but would not know WHO was the culprit and would still need to stop the vehicle.

The proposals put forward from Europe are:

Roadside interrogation of the digi tacho by 36 months after legislation is approved (so about 2020). However each member state will then be able to choose whether or not to equip enforcement agencies with the required equipment for up to 15 years. The roadside interrogation will not include drivers hours offences. It will instead be based on items that would detect fraud such as
The latest security breach attempt
The longest power supply interruption
Sensor fault
Motion data error
Vehicle motion conflict
Driving without a valid card
Card insertion while driving
Time adjustment data
Calibration data including
the dates of the two latest calibrations
Vehicle Registration Number
Speed recorded by the tachograph
Data obtained would only be stored for the duration of the roadside check and deleted no later than 3 hours after unless offences were proven.

There are other proposals such as GPS built in to record log on and off locations, a more friendly user interface to allow other systems to access tacho data, changes to security measures and more integration between member state enforcement organisations.

There were initial proposals to combine digi card and driving licence but this appears to have been dropped.

There are other proposals for removing some operations from being in scope of the full regulations (along the lines of the DCPC exemptions)

Of course none of this may ever happen

Pete

Andrejs:
one drivers at some RDC LAST WEEK TALK ME WHO HE HAD OVERDRIVING 10 HOurs limit for 30 min.he call to company boss ,report all.and talk me who now he don t worry about infrigement because VOSA HAVE some special web site,and company boss now log on and sent info to VOSA ,why this drivers overdrive limit.and if VOSA stop him chech sistem and no penalty.
2.another drivers talk who if he sign infrigement paper,nobody can give penalty .
3.RUMOUR. one drivers said who VOSA have weighbridge in road surface at motorway M6 NEAR Birmingham.so they can check every lorry weigh automaticly and stop after

Number 3 TRUE and there is also one near clackett lane services, you cant miss it going clockwise it is near a gantry and there is a camera on the gantry as well, then you get pulled at leatherhead, and trust me it is no rdc tale.

can t believe.how weighbridge can check weight at 50 miles per hours,not one weightbrige give correct weight

Andrejs:
can t believe.how weighbridge can check weight at 50 miles per hours,not one weightbrige give correct weight