Vosa.No need to stop

they have been running the viper system on the M25 for a few years now :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

Dafman:

Andrejs:
one drivers at some RDC LAST WEEK TALK ME WHO HE HAD OVERDRIVING 10 HOurs limit for 30 min.he call to company boss ,report all.and talk me who now he don t worry about infrigement because VOSA HAVE some special web site,and company boss now log on and sent info to VOSA ,why this drivers overdrive limit.and if VOSA stop him chech sistem and no penalty.
2.another drivers talk who if he sign infrigement paper,nobody can give penalty .
3.RUMOUR. one drivers said who VOSA have weighbridge in road surface at motorway M6 NEAR Birmingham.so they can check every lorry weigh automaticly and stop after

Number 3 TRUE and there is also one near clackett lane services, you cant miss it going clockwise it is near a gantry and there is a camera on the gantry as well, then you get pulled at leatherhead, and trust me it is no rdc tale.

Yes definately true, they’ve one on the M6 at Leyland as well and I’ve got the £60 fixed penalty for an axle overload to prove it :blush: Its only used as a guide to start with because using ANPR it compares axle and gross weights against your plating cert. Any suspected overloads are flagged up and you’re pulled into the inspection point by the Galaxy and invited to take a ride over the proper calibrated axle weigher at the VOSA inspection point.

yes sorry my fault.

Regardless of whether the technology is up to it yet, most drivers are on hours so why would you break the law and lose money.

As Shep as posted,the proposal to detect offences while the truck is moving is in the pipeline and it is not a Rdc tale.The older digi tachos will be phased out and replaced with the latest digi tachos to enable this.
It will be enough to put off new drivers wanting to drive for a living.
The days of frisby tachos are long gone.They used to be thrown out the cab window going alone.
And the mysterious shed fire where the tacho records were stored in when the man from the Ministry was paying a visit.

I heard that while you’re asleep on the bunk if VOSA drive past at exactly 88 mph and can get a constant 1.21 gigawatts on their flux capacitor not only can they tell of any infringements since passing your test they also know if you’ve ever shoplifted a 4 finger KitKat (other chocolate bars are available) :open_mouth:

Thing is, if this super duper vosa reader is/will be bluetooth will the ■■■■ thing also not try and pair up with your phone, just think of the fun if you excepted the pairing and then instantly made a call.

And no need to worry about this 4g jammer,It can work well for a long time.

Someone believes everything he hears in the RDC waiting room lol I heard they can check how many turns of the legs you have left down and they send the fine via email when they drive past…

Reading some peoples’ posts, you’d think that lorry drivers are the only people in the world who suffer such invasions of privacy.

My suggestion; just enjoy the fact that although you’re not so much your own boss as you used to be, you still have a remarkable degree of freedom compared with workers in a lot of other industries.

Deal with it and quit whining; or if you can’t hack it, go and stack shelves in Tesco.

I have herd in a RDC last night that if you stack shelves in Tesco and you were a driver vosa can make you pay for there shopping

bazstan009:
Korea is working on a jammer. :smiley:

Hope it’s not a nuclear one… :open_mouth:

senior50:
I have herd in a RDC last night that if you stack shelves in Tesco and you were a driver vosa can make you pay for there shopping

Yep, and they fine you ÂŁ10 per plastic carrier-bag that is deemed unnecessary.

Dafman:

Andrejs:
one drivers at some RDC LAST WEEK TALK ME WHO HE HAD OVERDRIVING 10 HOurs limit for 30 min.he call to company boss ,report all.and talk me who now he don t worry about infrigement because VOSA HAVE some special web site,and company boss now log on and sent info to VOSA ,why this drivers overdrive limit.and if VOSA stop him chech sistem and no penalty.
2.another drivers talk who if he sign infrigement paper,nobody can give penalty .
3.RUMOUR. one drivers said who VOSA have weighbridge in road surface at motorway M6 NEAR Birmingham.so they can check every lorry weigh automaticly and stop after

Number 3 TRUE and there is also one near clackett lane services, you cant miss it going clockwise it is near a gantry and there is a camera on the gantry as well, then you get pulled at leatherhead, and trust me it is no rdc tale.

25 yrs ago there was a weighbridge of some sort (one metal plate) as you came off the Tamar Bridge and headed up the A38 to Exeter, if you was overweight you would get pulled and weighed again further on.

neilg14:

Dafman:

Andrejs:

25 yrs ago there was a weighbridge of some sort (one metal plate) as you came off the Tamar Bridge and headed up the A38 to Exeter, if you was overweight you would get pulled and weighed again further on.

Are you talking about the WIMS system they have on the roads? Theres morr than one road they have this on.

neilg14:

Dafman:

Andrejs:

They had the same at stirling and it was always out by a couple of tons so they stopped using it

So basically its just a system that tells them which trucks to pull instead of them using guesswork?

Radar19:
So basically its just a system that tells them which trucks to pull instead of them using guesswork?

Basically, i’m not so sure this is RDC ■■■■■■■■ in it’s entirety, it seems like a plausible thing to happen going forward. Just need all new vehicles fitted with headsets with the appropriate technology installed. Wouldn’t surprise me if some modern heads already have the technology inbuilt ready to go.

If it’s possible for a company to remotely monitor temperatures in a trailer, why shouldn’t it be possible for VOSA to remotely monitor tachograph data?

It’s entirely plausable.
When i worked as a bus driver our ticket machines would download all the ticket data for the day when we went past sensors at the garage entrance. This was back in 2005 so the technology is there and has been for some time.
Every night for 2 weeks DVSA have been at Leatherhead and every time I go past the bait car you can see a massive computer screen with a load of info on the passenger seat.

Until the onboard Tacho machines in cabs transmit all the data via radio - I won’t be giving a ■■■■ about any of this potentially “in the pipeline” stuff.

It doesn’t make a lot of sense for “only the drivers of earmarked vehicles” to be pulled “on sus” by VOSA in any case. In this day of agency drivers - Last week’s tractor driven by a Hero driver could well fall down to Catweazle with 9 points, and always going over 10 hours driving next week…

“Don’t call us, we’ll call you.”