Vosa nabbing EE trucks today

I heard from several people at our place this morning a Vosa car followed an international load into our yard, drove round our yard having a nosy around. Then went out the yard and stopped a number of the drivers as they went out the yard. 3 which are possibly still parked up on the road outside.

simcor:
Apparently this morning a Vosa car followed an international load into our place, drove past them all presumably downloading their tacho’s. Then went out the yard and nabbed each one as they came out of our yard. Doctored taco’s so they were not recording etc.
Some very nice fines handed out although punishment would likely be a lot harder had it been an English company. All the ones they had were from the same company.
7 of them by all accounts in total.

Very bad start to a OP APPARENTLY

simcor:
Some very nice fines handed out although punishment would likely be a lot harder had it been an English company…

Based on fact, or your own personal opinion ■■

simcor:
Apparently this morning a Vosa car followed an international load into our place, drove past them all presumably downloading their tacho’s.

As far as I’m aware, although the next generation of tachographs may be downloadable by Bluetooth, the current generation cannot be.

Harry Monk:

simcor:
Apparently this morning a Vosa car followed an international load into our place, drove past them all presumably downloading their tacho’s.

As far as I’m aware, although the next generation of tachographs may be downloadable by Bluetooth, the current generation cannot be.

You’re wrong Harry, because I heard it sat in an RDC waiting room. :laughing: :laughing:
Same as Brit operators getting more severe penalties for the same offences as Euros. :smiley:

I’m just passing on the info that was told to me, by someone who I trust to be telling the truth and the vosa guys were speaking to him about it.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

robroy:

simcor:
Some very nice fines handed out although punishment would likely be a lot harder had it been an English company…

Based on fact, or your own personal opinion ■■

See above from a trusted source who said he was talking to the vosa guys about it.

robroy:
Same as Brit operators getting more severe penalties for the same offences as Euros. :smiley:

Not unknown though, theres plenty of Policia in Switzerland and Spain willing to take a ‘back pocket’ fine off Brit drivers knowing full well they can get away with it with no come back. The Swiss have a good one going for any foreigners not displaying the Vignette or displaying one but taped to the screen rather than stuck to the screen properly with the back peeled off…

AndrewG:

robroy:

Not unknown though, theres plenty of Policia in Switzerland and Spain willing to take a ‘back pocket’ fine off Brit drivers knowing full well they can get away with it with no come back. The Swiss have a good one going for any foreigners not displaying the Vignette or displaying one but taped to the screen rather than stuck to the screen properly with the back peeled off…

Yeh I know this, but does it REALLY go on in UK? :neutral_face:
I doubt it tbh.

MMTM is not fact unfortunately… Sadly its normally ■■■■■■■■.

robroy:

AndrewG:

robroy:

Yeh I know this, but does it REALLY go on in UK? :neutral_face:
I doubt it tbh.

I doubt it also, would like to think it doesnt anyway…

simcor:
I’m just passing on the info that was told to me, by someone who I trust to be telling the truth and the vosa guys were speaking to him about it.

i bet the same vosa guys are ■■■■■■■ themselfs laughing if any of them are on here,wondering how long itl take about tacho bluetooth downloading to spread like wildfire amongs the rdc drivers… :slight_smile:

DVSA cannot remote download tachos. Not only do they not have the technology but legally cannot do so.

Fines are the same for both UK or nonUK.

DVSA do not discuss these matters with anyone else.

It’s all MMTM rubbish

shep532:
DVSA cannot remote download tachos. Not only do they not have the technology but legally cannot do so.

It’s all MMTM rubbish

Although I reckon if they found 7 trucks from the same UK haulier all with doctored tachographs, they might want to visit the operating centre and have a little chat about a few things. :wink:

shep532:
but legally cannot do so.

OK then as you say they would have no legal right I would be interested why they would have no legal right. If they had no legal right then surely you could refuse to allow them access to charts/cards and Vu heads?
However the info is obtained surely they have every legal right to that to ensure you are compliant.

Although I reckon if they found 7 trucks from the same UK haulier all with doctored tachographs, they might want to visit the operating centre and have a little chat about a few things. :wink:
[/quote]
at 6.00 on a sunday morning… :slight_smile:

Oh and just for clarity I have edited the OP to just the facts.

shep532:

It’s all MMTM rubbish

Wouldn’t say that’s true in general. Had a lot of wide ranging discussions with vehicle examiners they tend to be a lot more friendly and indiscreet than the general enforcement bods. Tend to have quite a lot in common as a lot are ex workshop guys.

simcor:
I have edited the OP to just the facts.

Why? The b/s was much more entertaining. :laughing: :laughing:

simcor:

shep532:
but legally cannot do so.

OK then as you say they would have no legal right I would be interested why they would have no legal right. If they had no legal right then surely you could refuse to allow them access to charts/cards and Vu heads?
However the info is obtained surely they have every legal right to that to ensure you are compliant.

The way the law stands they must use a control card to authorise access to the VU data. They cannot do that from in a vehicle. They can request data from an operator though, but again can’t do that driving around a yard.

Yes modern VUs have remote download facility but not for enforcement purposes - that comes in 2019 with the smart Tacho but even then they will have limited access to data.

All I’m saying is that currently they simply cannot remote access the VU