VOR?

As the title says.
Is it legal or not to take truck on the road with damaged headlight like the one on the photo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Does the light work?
How far are you going with it?
How long will you be away with it?
Is there any sharp dangerous glass showing?
It depends, maybe not illegal, more unadvisable.

What is it with drivers nowadays ■■? It’s a cracked headlight cover !
Do the lights work ? dipped beam, main beam ? If the answer is YES to both questions, then "Get the Bus out Butler "

Office said it’s ok I said not taking it, thank you.
Other driver went out in this unit.
Light working fine, no sharp edges.
Night trunk only about 300 miles round trip.
Not sure myself if it’s legal but IMO a company with about 70 units in yard shoud have sort it out in no time. Instead of sending it out.

pierrot 14:
What is it with drivers nowadays ■■? It’s a cracked headlight cover !
Do the lights work ? dipped beam, main beam ? If the answer is YES to both questions, then "Get the Bus out Butler "

It’s all the crap spouted by the ‘‘Theory only crew’’ and bs in rdc.s and the like, spouted about the ‘‘Powers of Vosa’’ (they actually own us drivers you know :bulb: )

It has got new drivers ■■■■ scared to go a minute over their time nowadays,.and evidently panicing over a crack in a headlight casing.
:unamused:

Markk80:
Not sure myself if it’s legal but IMO a company with about 70 units in yard shoud have sort it out in no time. Instead of sending it out.

Jeez. This job is now officially ■■■■■■■ It’s a cracked lens,the light works, it’s not hanging out on its wires,it’s not held in with duct tape,drive on snowflake!

Only real issue is, what is the company’s policy over defects? It is a defect, no question about that, one that doesn’t prevent the vehicle bring used for a day/ night or even several weeks, unless company policy states otherwise. They’ve got an agency driver in tomorrow using my lorry, anything like that at all on Monday and I’ll be heading for the workshop first thing to get it fixed, but there are a couple of things that he might defect that I’m happy to run with until service time that would also force me to run to the workshop on Monday due to the defect policy. Swings and roundabouts.

How do you know it’s not going to get worse if you hit a pothole for example?

Markk80:
How do you know it’s not going to get worse if you hit a pothole for example?

Wouldn’t even fail an MOT ( Mot manual section 67 reason for fail C : a lens missing, obscured, insecure, or damaged so it is likely to fall apart)

How do you know your windscreen, tyre, wheel, spring will not crack when you hit a pothole?
You don’t, anything can happen at any time, be serious about safety, but don’t go over the top.
Would you leave your car at home with a cracked lens and walk to work, or to the supermarket, I guess not.

As long as the lens is secure and don’t has any projecting sharp edges, on you go!

Use VOR wise and a company will build respect and will listen to you, put a VOR on for everything and they will just laugh at you, and will not take your opinions serious when they should.
Don’t cry Wolf for a lamb.

I expected to see at least a smashed glass :unamused:

Jesus wept!!!
You would have had a heart attack at some of the ■■■■■■■■■ I have driven over the years.

It doesn’t stop the Irish going out for the Craic of it. :unamused:

A lot of the big companies hand out disciplinary’s like confetti, one wrong move and you find yourself on the end of an investigation, disciplinary and warnings.
Everything has become a back covering exercise, a lot of people too scared to make the wrong decision and end up in the ■■■■.

Any reason is good to VOR shi**y MAN
BTW didn’t expect it’s so easy to wind some of you up.
Good night Gents

Markk80:

Perfectly legal to send that out. Its a plastic cover that does nothing but keep the water off the bulbs. All the beam pattern stuff is taken care of by the reflector so as long as its like you said then there is no reason not to take it out.

Best drivers are the ones who wont go out with the smallest thing wrong, but their personal car is literally held together with gaffa tape!

onyerbike:
A lot of the big companies hand out disciplinary’s like confetti, one wrong move and you find yourself on the end of an investigation, disciplinary and warnings.

Answer to that is…
Don’t take them seriously, it only encourages those type of up their own arses firms, run by pricks.
What’s the worst that can happen?
They sack you.
So why would you give a ■■■■, there are plenty jobs about, and who in their right mind wants to work for a firm where you are treated like a naughty school kid anyway?.

I took a trailer out last night that had come in with a rear mudguard all broken up. As some point someone had caught flap reversing and pulled the lot into wheel.

I could have defected it and refused to move until a new mudguard fitted.

But seeing as it was 1am, not raining and not forecast to rain, distance I’m taking it was only 10miles so bit of common sense - I took whole thing off!!

I’ll pick it back up on way in later and get it to workshop VOR

No doubt some will chastise for taking it out but to me it was low risk.

Some things are deffo no no but a lot can be risk assessed and common sense applied.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(A) Its a crack,which could happen without you knowing 2 yards out the depot gates.
(B) IF you should happen to get stopped for a check,you plead ignorant,as your in the cab driving not standing on the front bumper.
(c) get real

FFS I think I need to be paid a gazillion pound an hour based on the fact I will drive anything with a radio and a heater.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk