Volvo US invasion

Got back last monday from a trip to the US and was amazed by the amount of Volvos on the road out there. Seemed like every other truck was a Volvo, from day cabbed local distribution right up to the interstates. Ok, i only saw a small part of Florida so i don’t know if it’s the same across the country, but even so, somebody in Sweden is doing something right!

they own white so there they stick a volvo badge on them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

dreva:
they own white so there they stick a volvo badge on them :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Ahhh… Explains a lot.

there lucky out there, they can have the NH12.

lets us have them u peice fo crap government.

You can have them. After jumping through some hoops paperwork wise, and a SVA test, you’ll be able to pull restricted size trailers.

aye but why cant they just let us have them, i mean they aint much longer, well a t cab aint against a normal r cab scanny.

seems to be worldwide invasion, they look to be the market leader in most developed countries, scania have fallen well behind them.

Like home-grown English trucks before them, home-grown American trucks are generally ■■■- noisy, uncomfortable and crude.

So it’s no surprise that Volvo have done well there.

Get one in is easy through homologation rules, you import to France or any other EU member state and if they register it you can use here

As a driver of one of the Volvos in question I can answer that,

Kenworth, Peterbilt etc build trucks for drivers ego whereas Volvo build trucks for drivers, they are a million times more comfortable than any yank tank, on a Volvo the steering wheel is actually connected to the front wheels, they have suspension & brakes & a draught free cab & they don’t break down every 5 minutes.

The drivers over here hate them, they prefer the old school bone shakers, that’s why the Volvo has the lowest residuals on the market, they’re cheaper to start with though so a few of the big boys (SWIFT, 22000 trucks) run them, they’re popular in Canada too.

After having driven one I would seriously think twice about moving to a firm with Petes or KWs, they are that bad to drive that it would take serious $ to get me in one again, yes they look the dogs nuts, but that doesn’t compensate for the rest of it, that’s just my opinion though :sunglasses:

Having driven them there, I can back Mercman’s opinion 100%
The only things the US volvos are not as good as the homegrown trucks are:
1: Ride quality, they’re shorter, so don’t ride as well as the longer US units (tho the volvo 880 is said to be even better than the local stuff, AND turn as well as the short nose ones)
2: Looks.

They beat them hands down on:
Reliability, in cab comfort, driver comfort, storage space, maneuverability, ease of use, and basicly everything except those 2 things above.

I’d like one of these but the EU and British polititions are arsewipes.

www.volvo.com/trucks/global/En-gb/trucks/volvo_vn/

limeyphil:
I’d like one of these but the EU and British polititions are arsewipes.

www.volvo.com/trucks/global/En-gb/trucks/volvo_vn/

Mmmm… volvo 780… drool

Move to America :laughing:

Are Scania,Daf,Merc etc. available in America :question:

ellies dad:

Was in Canada 6 years ago and i saw a bonnetted Merc. Looked pretty newish too at the time. Not seen any other Euros out there.

DaiDap:

ellies dad:

Was in Canada 6 years ago and i saw a bonnetted Merc. Looked pretty newish too at the time. Not seen any other Euros out there.

Like this-

ellies dad:
Like this-

Yup. V similar from what i remember.

Hi guys that merc truck is a freightliner with a 465 merc engine been in canada 3 years and yes these usa trucks are noisy and not as comfy as eu trucks clint

definitely a freightliner with a merc badge on it, Daimler Chrysler trucks = Mercedes, FReightliner and Sterling.