Volvo US invasion

Had a 2007 Pete 379 first trip the fan fell off 2nd trip diesel tank fell off, noisy, draughty tell me about it, had to drive with my gloves over the window controls, never did get my legs warm. heated mirrors that only stay on for 30 seconds, no wash wipe.

or you could go dutch this is a vnl670 from the states in america this model is used for hotshot light weight work or even dragging 2 single axle pup trailers

Guys, what are you lot like? They don’t have the NH12 in North America. The NH range (which stands for normal high) was built and marketed by VTSA (Volvo Trucks South America). It was launched in Brazil in 1999. Just like Scania’s T cab, production of the NH cased in 2006. The south Americans don’t buy bonneted trucks in the volumes they used to. We’ve had some in Europe and Australia too.

Whilst I’m on my soap box, Volvo Trucks North America (VTNA) don’t simply sell White badged as a Volvo - well not anymore they don‘t. In 1980 (yup, that far back) Volvo bought the assets of White, who at the time had filled for bankruptcy. VTNA was established and initially sold White and Autocar brands. At the same time, Western Star produced the Canadian assets and sold White through their dealer network. Volvo went on to buy GM’s truck business, although the whole kit and caboodle was absorbed into Volvo in 1997 - although the Autocar business was sold to a company called GVW (after a merger enquiry).

Today, VTNA builds and markets the VHD, the VN and the range-topping VT series. I saw the top-of-the-line VT880 at the Gothenburg factory recently. In summary, the NH tractor is almost identical to the FH we have here, whilst the VN and VT series are a completely different kettle of fish. You can get the D11, D13 and D16 in the US, but recently released figures show that 56.6% of buyers selected Volvo engines, but 43.4% picked ■■■■■■■■

The last time I looked, Volvo’s North American market share was hovering just above 10%.