Volvo trucks .

I see lots of reports both good and bad about most makes of trucks , but where Volvo is concerned 99.9% of the reports are good , is this a true picture or can anyone out there put me in the picture , warts and all .?

Yes it’s a true picture.

bald bloke:
Yes it’s a true picture.

biased :wink: :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:
Yes it’s a true picture.

biased :wink: :wink:

I know they’ll all be gone soon, boo hoo :cry:

I’ve driven every current manufacturer of truck apart from a Hino, I’d be a happy man if I only ever drove a volvo again (even a FM)

Can’t complain, mine did lock me out yesterday though… Always take the keys out!

You won’t go too wrong buying one.

My firm runs mainly volvos i do like them they seem fairly reliable and stand up to long termhard work as they buy them new and run them for around 15 years

FL10, I’ve driven lots of them, they were all magic, comfortable easy to drive, best truck ever although the FM12 was even better.

Volvo- The thinking mans Scania :wink:

I don’t mean to be negative but I think they are way overrated, they are nice but certainly not the best all round manufacturer on the market.

Who is in your opinion?

Pimpdaddy:
I don’t mean to be negative but I think they are way overrated, they are nice but certainly not the best all round manufacturer on the market.

go on then pimpdaddy whats the best,i just think its a matter of taste.

NO the op is wrong :laughing: each driver prefers different, personally i think Volvo is a great truck, but i much prefer a DAF, of course you only get what you pay for, but the resale value of a good truck is well worth spending that bit extra on in the beginning.

seth 70:
go on then pimpdaddy whats the best,i just think its a matter of taste.

I personally don’t have a best, to me they all have their strengths & weaknesses & it also depends on the application.

They practically drive themselves, they are very comfortable and from what I’ve seen they rarely give trouble. What’s not to like :question:

The way I see it personally, gearboxes play a big part in how much you enjoy driving a truck in this day & age of automatics especially. iShift is by far the best & for that reason Volvo’s are my favourite make to get thrown the keys to. It just works. I have driven a lot of Scania’s with satans gearbox and despite knowing how to use it properly, just found it very hard work and constantly asking myself “why don’t they just put a gear stick in it?”. Even had one of their reps admit to be the iShift is far better. The DAF box is OK, not driven too many MANs although found them a bit clunky (for lack of a better expression).

i agree with i shift being the best gearbox,last time i drove a daf it was a 58 plate and i thought the automatic gearbox was shocking ,are the new ones any better :question: :question:

seth 70:
i agree with i shift being the best gearbox,last time i drove a daf it was a 58 plate and i thought the automatic gearbox was shocking ,are the new ones any better :question: :question:

No… Still using the zf (yes zf not zb) gearbox.

Rubbish!

I don’t recall any negatives of any Volvos I’ve driven. I think Renault Premium is probably my favourite (to drive) in recent years, also the old cab Man with a v10 before speed limiters, that was a quick one.