Volvo trucks .

098Joe:
I don’t recall any negatives of any Volvos I’ve driven. I think Renault Premium is probably my favourite (to drive) in recent years.

A Volvo then :grimacing:

Love our FM’s…

Got to say I’m a big fan of Volvos, we’ve got 2 and they do have problems, like all trucks, but they are really good to drive. Even though both have a fair few miles.

I’d also agree with the comments about the Premium, with the budget my boss originally gave me to buy the last FH I would have rather spent on a newer Premium than an older FH but he wanted another FH so let me have another £10,000. :smiley:

DJC:
Can’t complain, mine did lock me out yesterday though… Always take the keys out!

Waiting for the day! mine been ok so far…

Got a new FH and very pleased with it…

They are a good truck but they certainly aren’t troublefree. None of them are.

Love a volvo
Why do some people think their scanias are are priceless,some of the asking prices a mad.
Although they have come down a bit lately and rightly so!

DJC:
Can’t complain, mine did lock me out yesterday though… Always take the keys out!

Chuffin’ things, I’ve had 2 FHs & they’ve both locked me out at the most inconvenient times, once on the weighbridge at maltby quarry at 6am November morning with about 2000 angry tipper bods behind :blush:
And last January 2013 just pulled off a bay at 8pm in Basel Swiss minus 7 in just a jumper, went to close back doors to park up just outside the gates :imp: :imp:
Best auto gearbox but the old FH cabs are very dated !

gunnerheskey:

DJC:

Chuffin’ things, I’ve had 2 FHs & they’ve both locked me out at the most inconvenient times, once on the weighbridge at maltby quarry at 6am November morning with about 2000 angry tipper bods behind :blush:
And last January 2013 just pulled off a bay at 8pm in Basel Swiss minus 7 in just a jumper, went to close back doors to park up just outside the gates :imp: :imp:
Best auto gearbox but the old FH cabs are very dated !

My key fob is spot welded to my wrist now :unamused:

It’s reputation is well deserved.

ellies dad:
They are a good truck but they certainly aren’t troublefree. None of them are.

The 70+ duel fuel volvo trucks are all currently showing the same dashboard fault, a leak on the adblu system. Although there isn’t a leak on any of them. It seems to have thrown up the fault during the recent cold/wet weather

Get a Volvo as long as it’s not an FE or FL. They have ZF gearboxes in which don’t give the best drive. I would also advise anyone not to get a second hand FL that hasn’t had the camshaft replaced as they’re made out of chocolate… The FHs and FMs are unbeatable, especially with an iShift box.