Volvo FH750 v Scania R730

Does anyone know how much one of these is to buy standard spec ? Not going to be buying one , just talking with a lad at work and wondering how much they are cheers

Tell him to go for the Volvo, they are the dogs ■■■■■■■■.

Standard is weird option when plumping for the cream of the crop mate.

H.D.Ricketts have a stunning 750 doing the rounds in West Midlands.

Smoggie89:
Does anyone know how much one of these is to buy standard spec ? Not going to be buying one , just talking with a lad at work and wondering how much they are cheers

About 120k

I wish I had a choice haha , just wanting to get a rough idea of the price that’s all, how much more than a normal 460 Volvo,Renault,daf etc are they , and is that difference worth it ? We pull usually 22T plus across the M62 all week and the 460s we have do the job but we don’t understand why our boss doesn’t get bigger engines , we usually do 40ish mph up brig house/windy hill , averaging 8.0 mpg I would say. Obviously the cost is going to be a big part but wouldn’t the wear/tear on engine and the better fuel figures outweigh that plus having a decent fleet

I was offered a new highline for 85k and the lad who does my servicing just paid 127k for his latest V8, at the end of the day your gaffers running a business and an extra £40,000 on each truck is a lot of money when its not really necessary

chaversdad:
I was offered a new highline for 85k and the lad who does my servicing just paid 127k for his latest V8, at the end of the day your gaffers running a business and an extra £40,000 on each truck is a lot of money when its not really necessary

Aye would be a couple of quid like lol, just wondered if the price per truck would be offset by the fuel used etc… Big bucks like in the haulage industry haha

My 750 was €140,000 new three years ago. You get more on standard price with Volvo. Scania make you pay for everything . I once encountered an R730 with the interior spec of a shopping trolley. Plus let’s not forget the big FH16 eats those overrated V8s for breakfast :wink:

chaversdad:

Theres a lot to be said for higher powered motors saving you money in the long run on certain type of work. I remember watching Luke’s videos when he first got his 750 and seeing the amount of time it was shaving off his runs across Europe. Not so sure it’s particularly worth it for most UK work though, just willy waving.

To be honest, I know this is typical Trucknet opinion, but I think that £40K would be better off being invested in drivers wages.

I was reading on truckblogs facebook page that scania are bringing a 780 out :open_mouth:

switchlogic:
My 750 was €140,000 new three years ago. You get more on standard price with Volvo. Scania make you pay for everything . I once encountered an R730 with the interior spec of a shopping trolley. Plus let’s not forget the big FH16 eats those overrated V8s for breakfast :wink:

This ^^ plus my 750 averages 9mpg + week in week out whereas the 730 v8 only gets 7.5/8mpg …over the course of a year that’s a huge saving … I regularly cover 800k in a shift and its effortless due to not slowing down …So although the initial cost may be high the rewards are high as well …

dogthehunter:

switchlogic:

This ^^ plus my 750 averages 9mpg + week in week out whereas the 730 v8 only gets 7.5/8mpg …over the course of a year that’s a huge saving … I regularly cover 800k in a shift and its effortless due to not slowing down …So although the initial cost may be high the rewards are high as well …

Yup it’s your die hard Scania fan boss who told me the Volvo ■■■■■■ all over the Scanias. Through gritted teeth of course :smiley:

The Volvo 750 I used to cover occasionally at previous place was £125k 2 years ago…but we got that as a failed deal/fell through for original purchaser had some interesting standard features and interesting extras.

However as it was used in low loader work like the other volvo…it actually wasn’t that suitable for offsite type of work. It was more of a box jockey/tanker setup type of lorry and very suitable for it rather than what we used it for.

I know nothing on Scania’s so can’t pass comment on their flagships. Only a few hauliers make Scania’s look respectable (not tacky) in my opinion whereas most Volvo’s look decent.

However it’s my own personal opinion nothing against Scania in particular before I start a war of words on best manufacturer :laughing:

For the volvos, all with identical cabs and spec (bar the colour of trim) 460 is £82k 500 is £82,700 and the 750 is £113k all with fleet discount for an order of 10. Our 500s range on fuel, the worst does 8.2 on London work at 44t on the best does 11.3 working out of Felixstowe. Your boss wouldn’t go far wrong with 500s to be fair

OVLOV JAY:
For the volvos, all with identical cabs and spec (bar the colour of trim) 460 is £82k 500 is £82,700 and the 750 is £113k all with fleet discount for an order of 10. Our 500s range on fuel, the worst does 8.2 on London work at 44t on the best does 11.3 working out of Felixstowe. Your boss wouldn’t go far wrong with 500s to be fair

This ^ I had a 64 plate fh 500 not even run in properly and was regularly getting 9/10mpg …

switchlogic:

dogthehunter:

switchlogic:

Yup it’s your die hard Scania fan boss who told me the Volvo ■■■■■■ all over the Scanias. Through gritted teeth of course :smiley:

:laughing: :laughing:

Some good points , i know the firm I work for is not the best or biggest but it doesn’t make sense to me other than the cost why he doesn’t get at least 500hp for the type of job we do , I would say 80% of our work is running more or less max weight across the 62 all day all week , I’m not sure how much he is paying to lease the 460 T Range but surely it wouldn’t be that much of a difference price wise to a 500 Volvo

so much more to it thought residual value at the end are far higher on flag ship models , just look at any scanny on truck trader.

have to say looks wise I much prefer the Volvo by a mile.

A T range is massively cheaper. We’ve had one on demo. The residuals are a good point, but that’s all relative to your turnaround policy. We only keep ours 2 years, so we’d never sell the volume we do, (20 a year) as a 2 year old 750 is still worth 100k. If you have 100k to spend on a lorry, you won’t be buying second hand. We have 3 repeat customers that buy at least 5 each per year. They would not buy 750s though

OVLOV JAY:
A T range is massively cheaper.

Theres your answer Smoggie , you will have to go and work for that fella with the nice blue and pink motors if you want a V8 on containers :laughing:

Volvo every time…