Volvo.F89

rward:
Andrew wat show is this regards rowly

Hi rowly,
Cv show at the nec.we know it as “the motor show” :laughing: that f89 is e.m. Rodgers northants.
Regards andrew.

hi Andrew I bet you could do a rebuild like that if I get things sorted in morning I might nip up and have a look regards rowly

rward:
hi Andrew I bet you could do a rebuild like that if I get things sorted in morning I might nip up and have a look regards rowly

Hi rowly,
This is a better picture mate :sunglasses: .

Andrew wat a stunning looking lorry regards rowly

MaggieD:
Hi,
Here’s my old girl.still on the road today.
Regards
Richard

Hey Maggie, it’s like a new one really wonderful. You must be a happy man with such a nice girl. I have to do it with a '67 F88 lady :smiley: .

Cheers Eric,

pete 359:

rward:

Hi rowly,
This is a better picture mate :sunglasses: .

Get Rowly to send the F89 to Preston if he wants it to look like this! ( but with a proper sun visor)

lance im lucky I bought two original vizers and ill be looking at that one tomorrow if I can regards rowly

Well looked after!

IMG_NEW.jpg

adr:
Well looked after!

Looks like an 88 to me ?

[zb]
anorak:
I came across this photo on Toprun:
IIRC, we concluded (on one of the F88/89 threads, somewhere) that the Aussie RHD F89s used an LHD cab, with the engine hump offset to the right as those normally are, but with the driving bits swapped over to the right and the gearlever stuck on the side of the hump. What about this UK-reg one then?

That’s an 88 with a big grille, the wheel hubs give it away :wink:

JOHNXL70:
VFD 697S after it was converted from a 6 wheeled rigid by Mick Lambert (ex Girling Brake test motor) on my way to Frankfurt1
Later (in 1995 I think) in Pete Stackhouse colours in Izmir when I was on the NATO beef job to Turkey

I spent a weekend in Spain with an old boy called Dave that had that when it was first converted. It was in 1990.

We had an orange war in the grove by the side of the lorry park after a day and night on the ■■■■, There were four of us, Dave with the 89, Shirley who was on Harry Mason at the time, a Jock with a 143 on NI plates on for Continental Freeze and my good self.

It was a fun night, we were acting all SAS and hiding in trees and pelting each other with oranges, we ended up in a right state and not just sticky, but bruised too, an unripe orange does a fair bit of damage at close range. In the morning the lorry park looked like it had been orange bombed.

I never saw that lorry, or Dave again after that day.

adr:
Well looked after!

Is this operator from Lancaster ?

newmercman:

[zb]
anorak:

IIRC, we concluded (on one of the F88/89 threads, somewhere) that the Aussie RHD F89s used an LHD cab, with the engine hump offset to the right as those normally are, but with the driving bits swapped over to the right and the gearlever stuck on the side of the hump. What about this UK-reg one then?

Aha! Now I know. I bow to your superior knowledge, sir! I thought it might have been one of these:

…but it is on a '74/75 plate. Did the last of the 88-240s use the wider grille?

Wheeltapper
That is one of Foster’s from nr Lincoln.
Looks like an 88 to me for no other reason than the steering wheel is on the right hand side and I can’t recall any 89’s sold by John Hebb, whom ,I’m pretty certain would have supplied that one,it is a Lincoln reg., being converted to RHD.

Cheers Bassman

newmercman:

[zb]
anorak:

Hallo Newmercman, do you mean the wheels with the small diameter■■? but they look like 22.5 and have never seen here 22.5 with the small diameter. But maybe they exists■■?

bye Eric,

tiptop495:

newmercman:

[zb]
anorak:

Hallo Newmercman, do you mean the wheels with the small diameter■■? but they look like 22.5 and have never seen here 22.5 with the small diameter. But maybe they exists■■?

bye Eric,

hi all,
that to me,is an f88 290.the 240 had the smaller us style stud pattern.
regards andrew.

Eric they do ,atleast in aftermarking ,had some my self,but expencive :smiley: cheers benkku

pete 359:

tiptop495:

newmercman:

[zb]
anorak:

bye Eric,

hi all,
that to me,is an f88 290.the 240 had the smaller us style stud pattern.
regards andrew.

Hi Andrew, IIRC the very last of the 240s in late 74 on an N reg had the larger hubs but still retained the small black grille until about November when the larger grille was introduced on the 290 “Wallet Basher” Best regards

[zb]
anorak:

newmercman:

[zb]
anorak:

Aha! Now I know. I bow to your superior knowledge, sir! I thought it might have been one of these:
…but it is on a '74/75 plate. Did the last of the 88-240s use the wider grille?

Hey Anorak, in the advertisement they introduce a 250 class but you had the 240. or was it a time out production in GB.
There was never a big grille on an 88 only the 290 had it.

Bye Eric,

tiptop495:
Hey Anorak, in the advertisement they introduce a 250 class but you had the 240. or was it a time out production in GB.
There was never a big grille on an 88 only the 290 had it.

Bye Eric,

I think the 290 replaced the 240 (or 260, or 270, whatever it was called in the different markets) completely in the UK. According to this:

… the 250 was simply a 290 with different injectors. However, this forum has several pictures of flat-front, wide grille F88s, IE without the thicker 290 radiator, so I reckon these must be 250s. I may be wrong, as usual… :smiley: