Volvo.F89

Jimski:
Hi Buzzzer I didn’t know Gazzer was a choir boy , :smiley: :laughing: :laughing:

R Jim

Hi Jim you aint seen the way he dresses when in spain, you’d get a shock mate.

backsplice:
No doubt about the F89 …330 hp great machine and in the late 70,s hard to beat
F89,s here you are then feast your eyes

Does anyone know if any of these Saramat F89s are still around?
Rowland

Hi a picture i got from a truck show .Tony

VOLVO brochure images:

A greek F89 in Trikala, 2008.

Door peep mirrors was mentioned in the thread about Scania 140/141, so I thought I post a photo showing a Volvo having the same accessory from Floby in the right door… with yours truly on the way to lock the passenger door. It was the first F89 I drove (legally on the road) in 1976, and that´s something you never forget… finally I belonged to “the real drivers” :grimacing: . The old Autotransit light box on the roof had an accident, that´s why it´s a domestic Bilspedition box instead.

/Stellan

I came across this photo on Toprun:

IIRC, we concluded (on one of the F88/89 threads, somewhere) that the Aussie RHD F89s used an LHD cab, with the engine hump offset to the right as those normally are, but with the driving bits swapped over to the right and the gearlever stuck on the side of the hump. What about this UK-reg one then?

[zb]
anorak:
I came across this photo on Toprun:
IIRC, we concluded (on one of the F88/89 threads, somewhere) that the Aussie RHD F89s used an LHD cab, with the engine hump offset to the right as those normally are, but with the driving bits swapped over to the right and the gearlever stuck on the side of the hump. What about this UK-reg one then?

Lincoln registration number, at a guess i would say it would of come from John Hebbs of Wootton when it was new.

It could even be an F88 with a different grille fitted?,That’s been done before!

gazzer:
VOLVO brochure images:

hallo, look at the light rings in black this model came in '74,the red one is a '73 model with the holes in the bumper,which first ones hadn’t.
Sometimes difficult to distinguish, a bit like the F10/12 some call the higher roof as the second model but there was a model between in.
To distinguish outside by the chrome list round the grille.It had lots of differences as only the grille,new steeringwheel, splitter on the gearstick,new engines,braking circuit,electrics and so on, so you can call it the second generations as it is total different from the first model.So was the higher roof the third model.
Forjoking if the F10/12 first came we learnd to appreciate the F88/89 which was lots better,but wasn’t in comfort.

Cheers Eric,

Hello all!
Does anybody knows if early F89’s were fitted with R60 gearbox instead of SR61? Or R60 was only F88 feature.

Hallo GR Diesels, over here in Belgium came the SR and R61 box at the end of '69 and only before there was the R60
I never saw a F89 with a 8 speed box,but it was on display in the brochure, so if you wanted one you could have one R61 from new.
But as a second hand one you never can trace how it was built from new.
And on the picture you show that will be an after 1973 model. Nice to see, you have over there still lots of beauties.

Cheers Eric,

A nice promotion of the F89 by Volvo

youtube.com/watch?v=L8Um5hv-ZTY

Riverstick:
A nice promotion of the F89 by Volvo

youtube.com/watch?v=L8Um5hv-ZTY

Hey Riverstick, very nice link thanks a lot. I think the F88/89 could be the most loved lorries,if you seehow much there are restorded in whole western Europe.I have some Scannies too, but the only one who has stolen my soul "if I have one :laughing: :laughing: " is the F88/89 and for ever. I shall die with them, but they will outlive me .

Cheers Eric,

VFD 697S after it was converted from a 6 wheeled rigid by Mick Lambert (ex Girling Brake test motor) on my way to Frankfurt

Later (in 1995 I think) in Pete Stackhouse colours in Izmir when I was on the NATO beef job to Turkey

Volvo F89 the real king of the road

Hi,
Here’s my old girl.still on the road today.
Regards
Richard

F89’s are an iconic truck.steelboy f10 saw this one at the nec show today :sunglasses: .

Andrew wat show is this regards rowly