Volvo F717 4x2 Tractor unit

Hi folks,
I have just brought a Volvo F717 4x2 Tractor unit for restoration Reg EBW451Y .Ihave little to no history on the vehicle apart from it was taxed in the Watford Herts area since fairly new.
It was last on the road December 96.
I intend to fully restore to show standard (May take many years but will get there eventually)
Does any one know any history on this ? Any info would be much appreciated.
Also does anybody have any spares going F7■■

Many Thanks

Rich

any pics? is it daycab or sleeper mate? :smiley:

try ross marley in co durham he will have a few spares mate :smiley:

Hiya theirs a quite tidy F7 in rush green. brov never seemed to have many volvo’s, i only saw one 88 but i did see a f7 last year
i think it had a luton van body which had protected the cab from the weather.
John

JonB1973:
any pics? is it daycab or sleeper mate? :smiley:

Hi ,
Its a day cab 4X2 ,the bloke who I brought it from has already changed the cab as original one was rotton .
I have been in to Hartshorne Volvo in walsall and they seem keen to get any bits I need but at a cost!!!

Cheers

Rich

Wingnut:

Hi Mate,
Will do ,is he a breaker or dealer? Do you have a number?

Cheers

Rich

3300John:
Hiya theirs a quite tidy F7 in rush green. brov never seemed to have many volvo’s, i only saw one 88 but i did see a f7 last year
i think it had a luton van body which had protected the cab from the weather.
John

Hi John,
I was in at Rush green last week he has got a few in but wouldnt break the first 3 I found so after wandering around for hours ,Then to find he wanted silly money for interior parts.
Great place though could of stayed all day …

Cheers

Rich

R7CHT:
Hi folks,
I have just brought a Volvo F717 4x2 Tractor unit for restoration Reg EBW451Y .Ihave little to no history on the vehicle apart from it was taxed in the Watford Herts area since fairly new.
I intend to fully restore to show standard (May take many years but will get there eventually)

Many Thanks

Rich

Oxfordshire reg Possibly supplied by Dawsons of Leighton Buzzard?

Laurie Dryver:

R7CHT:
Hi folks,

Many Thanks

Rich

Oxfordshire reg Possibly supplied by Dawsons of Leighton Buzzard?

As Laurie Dryver said Oxford Reg, try the Oxford thread, Cannons had F7’s for a while.

Try having a word with Rowells Transport from Chatteris. They have a restored F7 and a few spares motors lying in the yard.

R7CHT:

Wingnut:

Hi Mate,

Cheers

Rich

no mate he has an f7 restored but has a few bits and pieces nice lad if he doesnt have it he will point you in the right direction 07963100540 and thats ross tell him you got his number off allen at coltons good luck im on doing an f10 up so if i come across anything il give you a shout :smiley:

Sounds a bobby dazzler, all the best with it and keep us posted.

Wish I’d taken more pictures when doing mine up, but I was too pre-occupied with actually doing it (!)

Wingnut:

R7CHT:

Wingnut:

Hi Mate,

Cheers

Rich

no mate he has an f7 restored but has a few bits and pieces nice lad if he doesnt have it he will point you in the right direction 07963100540 and thats ross tell him you got his number off allen at coltons good luck im on doing an f10 up so if i come across anything il give you a shout :smiley:

Cheers mate like wise if I see anything I will let you know.

Hiya try arther shirley at werrington stoke on trent he has a daycab standing their for 15years.
it was a one driver from new lorry. it has a silly sleeper pod on the cab. it was quite complete last time i saw it.
John

3300John:
Hiya try arther shirley at werrington stoke on trent he has a daycab standing their for 15years.
it was a one driver from new lorry. it has a silly sleeper pod on the cab. it was quite complete last time i saw it.
John

Cheers John I will have a look when im next up that way.
Rich

try walsh & dearden of darwen , Lancashire.regards jack.

Hi ,
I have recently found out now got V5 back from DVLA that it was last owned and operated by Tyre Collection co ■■? Ring any bells with anyone .
They owned it from 1992 but has not been on road since 1996 so must have been stored somewhere?.

Cheers

Rich

R7CHT:
Hi folks,

Many Thanks

Rich

come on mate stick some pics up :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

cheers
gaz

Hi folks ,
Posted a few pics in my gallery as she arrived at our yard…

Hi folks,
Not got too much further with the F7 restoration as yet but got the famous Volvo smoking issues ■■
I reckon it is fuel related so I have managed to buy a refurbed set of injectors and a spare refurbed fuel pump (but not yet had chance to fit them)
I am also after a cab jack and a battery box and cover for it if any one has any knocking about let me know.

Cheers

Rich