Volvo driving position

it must be the most cramped driving position ive drove in, you cant get the seat back anywhere near far enough[ im not the 1 st one to complain] it just will not go back far enough.
id only done a hours driving and id had enough ,it might be a bosses truck, cheap on fuel but cant seeing many drivers staying in the job if they get one of them full time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

ady1:
it must be the most cramped driving position ive drove in, you cant get the seat back anywhere near far enough[ im not the 1 st one to complain] it just will not go back far enough.
id only done a hours driving and id had enough ,it might be a bosses truck, cheap on fuel but cant seeing many drivers staying in the job if they get one of them full time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I dont understand this about Volvos, I have many years of abusing the beer barrel and do a fair impression of one. I have the seat set back and the steering wheel as far back as it goes and it doesnt even wear a groove in my pullover :stuck_out_tongue:

i can get in there , just, but its zb uncomfortable , even worse after a hour,
i take it your a 5 ft midget wheelnut :wink: :wink: :wink:

I like tho Volvo seating position on the FM and FH. :confused:

5’ 11" and 20+ stone and never had a problem with the Volvo seating position, plenty of room and plenty of movement on both the seat and the wheel. Could easily knock out a 4.5 hour stint with no feelings of discomfort.

ady1:

Not quite a 60 inch waist but working on it :smiley:

Im intrigued what you find a comfortable truck though

Coffeeholic:
5’ 11" and 20+ stone and never had a problem with the Volvo seating position, plenty of room and plenty of movement on both the seat and the wheel. Could easily knock out a 4.5 hour stint with no feelings of discomfort.

Snap, Ditto

Love em & there are a lot worse. Now im assuming your stating the fh/fm if it were the fl then i would most definatly agree with you.

I like the Daf Cf in class 2 form but cannot get on with it in class 1

Wheel Nut:

ady1:

scania r series, all the seat adjustment youd ever need ,

ady1:

Wheel Nut:

ady1:

scania r series, all the seat adjustment youd ever need ,

There you go then, its a good job not everyone is alike. I cannot find a good word to say about any Scania. from 110 / 140 to modern day apart from the sound of a V8 burbling along

Coffeeholic:

Yes, I’m a fat git too and would say the seat does just about go back far enough even for me. But if you might be a steering wheel flat and hunched over it type then maybe its different,. I prefer the slightly laid back position with seat tipped back which helps a lot.

DAFMAD:

Coffeeholic:

Yes, I’m a fat git too and would say the seat does just about go back far enough even for me. But if you might be a steering wheel flat and hunched over it type then maybe its different,. I prefer the slightly laid back position with seat tipped back which helps a lot.

I’m neither of those. I don’t drive hunched over and I have the seat set so the bit you sit on is level and the back vertical, the tipped back/reclined position is the worst one for giving back trouble. There was an article in one of the trucking mags about seating position a few years back and that was the advice from their back expert, drive with it tipped back and the back reclined and you are storing up back trouble for the future.

Im 5' 11" and 16 1/2 stone and have no trouble getting comfy in an FH. I suppose were all born different dimensions but i personally find scanias very uncomfortable.
Is the volvo an i-shift ady?

kinda sounds like a general chair advice a bit like the posters you see for sitting at your computer.
Dont slouch, arms slightly bent, knees bent feet flat on floor

Only it does’nt matter what positon you choose yr gonna get uncomfortable & fed up & need to move around, stop & get the blood moving againg.

You tend to hear a lot about frequent flyers with dvt but no-one ever mentions us truckers who spend more time @ our wheels, more than the avaerage frequent flyer.

robntl:
You tend to hear a lot about frequent flyers with dvt but no-one ever mentions us truckers who spend more time @ our wheels, more than the avaerage frequent flyer.

It has been mentioned on these very forums, with at least one member falling victim to it.

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25182

sorry but i got to agree with ady1, i don’t like the seating in a volvos fh or fl (never driven a fm). last week i drove a daf 95 xf for two days i had back pain but the third day i was fine.
then on friday i had a scania back and forgot to put my foot on the clutch when stopping coming out of the yard :laughing:

Coffeeholic:

Yep me too …did best part of ten hours driving in one last night and not a twinge :laughing: :laughing:

Short fat hairy legs are the secret :laughing: :laughing:

Now if you had said MAN then I am right with you …literally a pain inthe arse those Mother truckers !! :cry:

thecoder0:

Coffeeholic:

Yep me too …did best part of ten hours driving in one last night and not a twinge :laughing: :laughing:

Short fat hairy legs are the secret :laughing: :laughing:

Now if you had said MAN then I am right with you …literally a pain inthe arse those Mother truckers !! :cry:

It also may have been the SUNDAY rate that helped numb the pain lol :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I find the volvos pretty comfy , only lacking a nice armrest .
Mans give me a bad back and I soon get tired of yawing around in them .

Been ages since I have driven anything else .

Neil:
I’m neither of those. I don’t drive hunched over and I have the seat set so the bit you sit on is level and the back vertical, the tipped back/reclined position is the worst one for giving back trouble. There was an article in one of the trucking mags about seating position a few years back and that was the advice from their back expert, drive with it tipped back and the back reclined and you are storing up back trouble for the future.

I couldn’t drive one like that for long, that would do my back in. As we are all different shapes and sizes I’m surprise anyone can make a sweeping statement like that.

The drivers who need to shove their seats so far back and pull their curtains so far forward to hide behind are only kidding themselves.

They have to get out eventually and people can see how ugly you are anyway :smiley: