Volvo driving position

DAFMAD:
I couldn’t drive one like that for long, that would do my back in. As we are all different shapes and sizes I’m surprise anyone can make a sweeping statement like that.

We may be all different shapes and sizes but within that size and shape we all have pretty much the same scaffolding doing the same job and I guess the people who know a lot about this system can work out what is and isn’t good for the backbone part and can advise accordingly on how not to mistreat it. :wink:

I had an FH12 for 4 years and found the driving comfort factor 10/10.

Like Coffee says; keep the the seat in an upright position, I tend to keep the seat fairly well forward and the steering wheel pulled back towards me.

At 5’ 4" I can imagine there might be a problem for someone bigger than myself (most of the population :blush: )

Coffeeholic:

DAFMAD:
I couldn’t drive one like that for long, that would do my back in. As we are all different shapes and sizes I’m surprise anyone can make a sweeping statement like that.

We may be all different shapes and sizes but within that size and shape we all have pretty much the same scaffolding doing the same job and I guess the people who know a lot about this system can work out what is and isn’t good for the backbone part and can advise accordingly on how not to mistreat it. :wink:

Isn’t it strange how all seats come with a tiltable back and some with a tiltable base too. :confused: Perhaps the whole seat should be fixed with no adjustments possible.

DAFMAD:
Isn’t it strange how all seats come with a tiltable back and some with a tiltable base too. :confused:

Not really, everyone needs to make some small adjustments to the position. And then there is those parked up moments, several times a day mine will be tilted way back, back and base, for napping or reading or watching the world go by.

I loved seat arrengements on older FH’s (pre-2002) but don’t like seat on the newer ones. In those seat is too “big” or “flat” for me and doesn’t give nearly as good lateral support for body than seats on old FH’s. Reason behind this, I think, is that seat seems to be designed for quite wide drivers and I, being 181 cm and 84 kg (about 5’ 11" and a bit over 13 stone for those who don’t use normal units :wink:), can’t really call myself a big guy. I mean no offense to any of you big guys as these are just my thoughts why it takes up to two or three days of adjusting before I get comfortable seat position in the newish FH’s. On older ones I could do same adjusting in a minute or two.

As I’ve sat only few times on the newest FH’s and FM’s (2006 onwards?) I can’t say nothing about those but that first impression of the seat was that it felt somehow better than on these 2002-2006 models.

Coffeeholic:

DAFMAD:
Isn’t it strange how all seats come with a tiltable back and some with a tiltable base too. :confused:

Not really, everyone needs to make some small adjustments to the position. And then there is those parked up moments, several times a day mine will be tilted way back, back and base, for napping or reading or watching the world go by.

DAFMAD:
slightly laid back position

:smiley:

I drive an old (1990) FL10 and I’m a big bloke, got plenty of room in it!