Volunteers required

Apply here

You are joking, right?

westbury is a horrible little place anyway,if i could avoid it when i go to blandford forum on the A350,I would like the plague,and i believe the only reason they are doing this lorry watch crap is because of the money it may cost them,lets face it councils do not like spending money for things like by passes

Haven’t these sad pricks got a day centre they can go and ■■■■ themselves in?

Hope you’ve got a tin hat Wildy…. :laughing: :laughing:

Do you ride a bike by any chance :wink:

comet:
Hope you’ve got a tin hat Wildy…. :laughing: :laughing:

Do you ride a bike by any chance :wink:

I’m sat under my tin hat now, with a dictionary looking up the word ‘Irony’
I do have a bike but need to get a camera and you-tube account…

OK, I apologise for reporting the post :blush: But there was NO way I was clicking on a blind link…

The Sarge:
OK, I apologise for reporting the post :blush: But there was NO way I was clicking on a blind link…

Since you like reporting things it might appeal to you? :laughing:

Fair comment :grimacing: I’ve guessed what the link is about now :wink:

Muckaway:

Ring and ride day for them by the look of it, , someone should report them for them dribbling all over the footpath :open_mouth:

Muckaway:

+1:lol::lol::lol:

Foreign trucks are exempt from prosecution,like the one in the photo.
Only UK registered trucks will be traced by DVLA and the driver pays the fine.
Bath was planning a truck ban,it was shelved as Westbury would have been the dumping ground for Bath’s problem.
Now Bath is gunning for the ban again.
The artic in the photo has come from the town centre and passed the train station on his left,no doubt heading to the Industrial estste following his car sat nav in his truck.

By the time he got to where he is,it was the point of no return,nowhere to turn.
This bridge has had fully laden artics going over it for years with no problem.Where is the engineers report to say an artic is now not safe and the weight limit is now lowered.?Nimbies again with too much times on their hands to grass up hard working drivers that keep the economy running,while we do 15 hour days,you do a 8 hour day and do not sleep in a tin box.

Muckaway:

Another hilarious Muckaway quote, joining my favourite on Albion attending a neighbourhood watch meeting…?

There must be more to life to end the “Golden years” than standing on a bridge in all weathers with a clip board and shiny new hi viz jacket pretending to be a Police officer.
With no pay,spend your kids inheritance on a Caribbean cruise or pay for the care home if you have savings.
Is the sign to warn Lgv drivers of a “Weak bridge”, written in all European languages,no it is not.
Have you ever seen the English coming off the ferry in France getting lost and confused in the first km off the ship in their cars.?
They go in the wrong way at fuel stations,drive down one way streets as they have no clue what foreign signs mean.

More Little Englanders. The kind of people whose lives are so dull that they have to engage in busybody activity such as this to make themselves feel important.

There are a bunch of similar around here, Community Speedwatch or something they like to call themselves. Stand on the footpath with a speed gun the Police have given them and point it very obviously at passing traffic while wearing a hi-vis vest.

May a plague of locusts descend on all of them and not depart until they have realised that enforcing the law is not their job and nothing to do with them.

These Nimbies know nothing about the transport industry but it makes them look important in the paper and something to talk about at the next WI meeting or the golf club after dinner talk.
They are like the whingers who buy a house near an airport or runway then complain about expansion and noise.
Cows mooing,noisy tractors,barking dogs,church bell ringing on their sunday morning sleep on and farm yard smells but they chose to move to the country to escape the rat race of London.
Poor luvvies.

There’s a village near me that has 13m length restrictions on trucks because of a bend in it , its passable with care in an artic , a local resident who is also a councillor got it put in due to traffic chaos caused , mostly caused by car drivers who can’t reverse or move out the way , the diversion route is about 50 miles round!

The local service bus is allowed to use it at 15.3m though , two go through every hour in both directions , anyway this local NIMBY has a habit of abusing truck drivers when an obstruction occurs , he has signs outside his house to report misuse by lorries etc !

Due to the nature of the village & his house in it, he just happens to be at the narrowest point where mirrors skim the walls with his house & those opposite.

About a month ago I had to deliver his heating oil, he was a new customer, the notes said to phone for instruction on where to locate tank, turns out its in the back with no access but through the front door & pull the pipe out the back & up a bank , I knew this was going to be awkward & amusing to myself at the same time, ( my mate just happens to be a reporter of the local paper) I told the customer I would be there on Thursday (market day locally) also the day I would have the drag on so over the restrictions length,not that it would of made a difference with just the rigid unit,road would of still been blocked, I thought around 845am would be perfect for this, and I wasn’t wrong.
My reporter friend was well informed & my plan was put into action , I took as long as I possibly could , nearly 20mins, by which time traffic had built up in both directions to a tremoundous length , at least 2miles , there were people walking down the road kicking off about I shouldn’t be there etc, I pointed them to the councillor’s house with the signs & pipe coming out the door , he was getting abuse as well as his picture taken , it was fun & I don’t think he’s given any grief to any truck lately …

Awesome ^^^^^^^^. Karma is a right ■■■■■. :smiley: :smiley:

Where’s the like button :laughing:

Brilliant read.

kemaro:
There’s a village near me that has 13m length restrictions on trucks because of a bend in it , its passable with care in an artic , a local resident who is also a councillor got it put in due to traffic chaos caused , mostly caused by car drivers who can’t reverse or move out the way , the diversion route is about 50 miles round!

The local service bus is allowed to use it at 15.3m though , two go through every hour in both directions , anyway this local NIMBY has a habit of abusing truck drivers when an obstruction occurs , he has signs outside his house to report misuse by lorries etc !

Due to the nature of the village & his house in it, he just happens to be at the narrowest point where mirrors skim the walls with his house & those opposite.

About a month ago I had to deliver his heating oil, he was a new customer, the notes said to phone for instruction on where to locate tank, turns out its in the back with no access but through the front door & pull the pipe out the back & up a bank , I knew this was going to be awkward & amusing to myself at the same time, ( my mate just happens to be a reporter of the local paper) I told the customer I would be there on Thursday (market day locally) also the day I would have the drag on so over the restrictions length,not that it would of made a difference with just the rigid unit,road would of still been blocked, I thought around 845am would be perfect for this, and I wasn’t wrong.
My reporter friend was well informed & my plan was put into action , I took as long as I possibly could , nearly 20mins, by which time traffic had built up in both directions to a tremoundous length , at least 2miles , there were people walking down the road kicking off about I shouldn’t be there etc, I pointed them to the councillor’s house with the signs & pipe coming out the door , he was getting abuse as well as his picture taken , it was fun & I don’t think he’s given any grief to any truck lately …

FPMSL :laughing: :laughing: :wink: