Vines show again

did anyone listen to the nonsense on vines show today? we had this darlin fella minister for transport? and two other clowns who i assumed were wouldbe ministers for transport should the election go their way, it were the usual chat about speed cameras,congestion etc, then a trucker managed to get on and frew a spanner in the works by asking whats going to happen about the wtd? the two wouldbe were obviously completely lost and darlin evaded it as long as he could and then finnally came up with “yes we know neither the drivers or the employers wanted it but we would’ve been in trouble with brussels if we hadn’t fetched it in” or words to that effect, he then went on to say how they’d have another look at it in a year to eighteen months time!
it just goes to show how far removed from the real world these pillocks are!

Shame I missed it. I’d have asked them why we have to sleep in laybys and use the bushes for toilets and ask why more and more of the places left for us to park up are being closed.

i heard it and he sounded a rite pillock

I 100% agree with you Paul, so come May the 5th we should be making a vote for the better. No doubt those who have voted Labour all their lives and also cos their parents and grandparents did will still look at this government through rose-tinted glasses. :laughing: excuse the pun

but would any of em be any better? i think to most ex public school boy woulbe mp’s a lorry is something that held em up once when they were late for a dinner party not something the country relise on!

allrighty:
I 100% agree with you Paul, so come May the 5th we should be making a vote for the better. No doubt those who have voted Labour all their lives and also cos their parents and grandparents did will still look at this government through rose-tinted glasses. :laughing: excuse the pun

So who do we vote for? Rember the film “Bresters Millions” with Richard Prior
and vote for “NONE OF THE ABOVE”

paul b:
it just goes to show how far removed from the real world these pillocks are!

none of them were impressive :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :unamused:

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: Yes I heard the show they had not got any idea what the wtd for Drivers is about quote by one of them “they can only do 9 hours driving” What about the unloading and loading bit !!!.

5 days of 9 hours driving =45
5 days of 1 hour loading =5
5 days of 1 hour unloading=5
Total = 55 hours
thats if your on one load a day ,no delays,no waiting for paperwork ,loaded on time,unloaded on time , no Q’s ,no blockade at Tesco,s ,and dont start to mention P.O.A’s . So how are we supposed to do it in 48 hours a week . Am already 8 hours over in the first 3 weeks and thats with some P.O.A think we should enlighten Mr Vines brain with the facts!!! :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

Why are you so bitter!!! :imp: :imp: :imp:

i am sorry,but i have no intentions of working 60-80 hours a week,
if you cannot earn enough money in 55 hours a week,find another job.
the fact you are prepared to slog your guts out for someone elses profit is laughable,if you are going to work do it for yourself not some ■■■■ :exclamation:
get a grip and get a life :exclamation:
jon

Magic Mel:
[
So who do we vote for? Rember the film “Bresters Millions” with Richard Prior
and vote for “NONE OF THE ABOVE”

What you should do is go and spoil your paper. A positive abstention. That would send a powerful message if enough did it.

What you shouldn’t do is not vote.

In my view voting should be compulsory, like Oz, with an extra box marked abstain. Then we would see it is not just apathy, these low turnouts.

Salut, David

There should be provision on the ballot paper that says none of the above, merely spoiling the paper is a waste of time, they are discarded and its like you were never there! So what are we left with? Labour, Tory, Lib-Dem plus all the minor parties. After years of Tory goverment in came Labour and what have we got to show for it? Absolute zilch if you ask me!! Im still struggling to pay bills, havent had a decent holiday for years i live in a council house and cant afford to own and run a car, public transport is a joke theres never a copper about when you want one cause theyre all manning speed traps. cant get an NHS dentist and so on and so on Maybe if i dyed my hair greasy black and rubbed cocoa butter on my face and pretended not to speak english things would be different!!!
roy…

I agree if there was a box marked “None of the Above” I would then vote.
As things now stand I dont think any of the parties are “worthy” of my vote.:smiling_imp:

The trouble is this section would undoubtedley get the most votes so anybody know who their party leader is and what their policies are? :laughing:

allrighty:

so you think the tories will be better for you,Get a life man.

Got to agree I was appalled that two MP’s new nothing about it but tried to be clever, coming across as a couple of pillocks. It sounded to me as though the Minister of ransport didn’t know how it worked either because he couldn’t explain it to Vine who had got hold of the wrong end of the stick. That trucker sounded pretty desperate though.
My opinion for what it’s worth(sod all) is that you shouldn’t have to work 60 hrs a week to earn a living, 48 should be the max. When the election comes I shall be miles away in another country. I’ve always voted and taken it seriously reading all the bumpf and taking a interest in tv and radio, but I can’t take this election seriously.

knight:
Got to agree I was appalled that two MP’s new nothing about it but tried to be clever, coming across as a couple of pillocks. It sounded to me as though the Minister of ransport didn’t know how it worked either because he couldn’t explain it to Vine who had got hold of the wrong end of the stick. That trucker sounded pretty desperate though.
My opinion for what it’s worth(sod all) is that you shouldn’t have to work 60 hrs a week to earn a living, 48 should be the max. When the election comes I shall be miles away in another country. I’ve always voted and taken it seriously reading all the bumpf and taking a interest in tv and radio, but I can’t take this election seriously.

I have to say this is one election I am taking seriously, this country needs a change, Don’t mind Tony so much, but don’t like Labour, Brown and really dont like Prescott. Not sure where my vote is going yet, but it will not be Labour.

Do you reckon they have clapped Prescott in irons. very strange that he is very absent in this campaign :sunglasses:

Prescott has made the news this week. He was campaigning in Wales and when questioned by a local reporter responded, “I’m a National politician, now Bugger Off…”

He can’t control his mouth or his fists.

And to think that when Blair underwent heart sugery, Prescott had sole control of our nuclear capability. That’s scary.

If Tony was to ‘pop his cloggs’, would you want Prescott running the Country?

the thing is this, no matter how other parties bang the drum, labour will win this election simply because most people who are willing to vote are more or less happy with their lot and why not? anyone old enough to remember the thatcher years will know in general terms we’re a lot better off now but the most important thing for us is to acknowledge none of the major parties even know of the problems truckers face let alone intend to do anything about it! so if we want change we need to sort our selves out and present a united voice to who ever might be in charge.

paul b:
the thing is this, no matter how other parties bang the drum, labour will win this election simply because most people who are willing to vote are more or less happy with their lot and why not? anyone old enough to remember the thatcher years will know in general terms we’re a lot better off now but the most important thing for us is to acknowledge none of the major parties even know of the problems truckers face let alone intend to do anything about it! so if we want change we need to sort our selves out and present a united voice to who ever might be in charge.

fully agree paul with all your points
jon

paul b:
anyone old enough to remember the thatcher years will know in general terms we’re a lot better off now .

Sure Paul, I’m a lot better off, but that is because of Maggie.
She put me on the housing ladder and freed me from the tyranny of the unions (the ones that dictated to me not the ones that looked after me).

Both these things gave me the prosperity that enabled me to come out here and work in a lower wage economy and retire early in this wonderful environment.

Somebody was voting for her time after time. Am I alone in being the only one to admit it now, when she is vilified?

Mind you I won’t be voting for her successor, or the present lying encumbant. For all his faults it’s Charlie for me this time.

Salut, David.