victors burgos

i’m sure lots of you know it, or have heard of it, stuff of legend, well maybe.
i remember my 1st trip too spain, two names that kept cropping up, when i bumped into uk drivers on the way down, back in the 90’s.
i was told, stop at victors in burgos, or freds, at coslada in madrid, for parking, showers and food, o, and entertainment.

so, few weeks back, on my first trip, that way for a real long time, i jumped off the a1 at j3, and decided too run up the n1, just as a refresher, and too see if victors was still there, as my last memories of it, were that it had been let go, and seemed run down.

anyway, turns out an irish lad has recently bought it, plans too give it a good lick of paint, sort the loos and showers, and get the menu back too the good ol’ days, so, just thought it worth a mention, incase anyone wanted too give it a look, too see how its going.

as for freds, i know he’s restaraunt has gone, did here that he may be up on the n1, but the irish fella at victors, said he’s back in his original gaff in town, by the dust bowl, and knocking shop.

I think the Bear did an article on Victors recently. Not suggesting he is a regular of course :stuck_out_tongue:

Where exactly is Victors then? is it easy to get to from the Motorway and easy to get back on?

On the old National 1 about 10/15 mins North of Burgos. IIRC it’s proper location is something like Puerto de Brujulla

will_c:
Where exactly is Victors then? is it easy to get to from the Motorway and easy to get back on?

quite straight forward.
exit at j3 of the motorway, then get onto the n1, direction of burgos, keep going approx 10 or 15 mins, yo will then hit a big steep climb up, directly after a village, the climb has a truck crawler lane, so you’ll know it when their, as you reach the top of the slope, (think it called, pto de la brujela), you’ll immediately see the entrance too the big parking area on your right.
there’s a club, couple of restaraunts, hotel, garage etc.
victors, is down the fuel garage end, just before the wash bays, should have an irish flag outside, i think.

when you leave, follow the road out, back onto the main drag, for burgos n1 again, carry on in this direction, keep your eyes left after a few km’s for a big hotel, this is where you can jump back onto the motorway again at j2.

hope that helps.

chilistrucker:

will_c:

quite straight forward.
exit at j3 of the motorway, then get onto the n1, direction of burgos, keep going approx 10 or 15 mins, yo will then hit a big steep climb up, directly after a village, the climb has a truck crawler lane, so you’ll know it when their, as you reach the top of the slope, (think it called, pto de la brujela), you’ll immediately see the entrance too the big parking area on your right.
there’s a club, couple of restaraunts, hotel, garage etc.
victors, is down the fuel garage end, just before the wash bays, should have an irish flag outside, i think.

when you leave, follow the road out, back onto the main drag, for burgos n1 again, carry on in this direction, keep your eyes left after a few km’s for a big hotel, this is where you can jump back onto the motorway again at j2.

hope that helps.

These directions are for when heading south.

Didn’t there used to be 2 clubs?? (not that I ever ventured there :blush: )

Ross.

There is a hostel at Burgos just off the E80 /N620 which is owned by Dolly and her husband Jesus. They do lovely meals for truckers and I used to call in there on the way to Portugal. She also has some really nice rooms for anyone wishing to stay overnight. If anyone is going that way, please let me know and they can send a nessage to Dolly for me. Liz

i was with fred back in may, he does still have a restaurant but it is in coslada, a bit of a walk from the secure lorry park but food is still good and he still caters for drivers by the way of free showers etc…[/img]

tobyovens:
i was with fred back in may, he does still have a restaurant but it is in coslada, a bit of a walk from the secure lorry park but food is still good and he still caters for drivers by the way of free showers etc…[/img]
[/quote

]
thats handy too know, as may be getting down that way abit more in the new year. i don’t mind the walk into town if the foods good, and i like fred, he’s a charecter.

bigr250

cough,cough,i believe there are a few clubs on the n1, especially between j3 and 2 of the a1 section, on the national road.

well, so i was told anyway :smiley:

Victors was never special. It was a meeting place for the punch-up lads.OK for a beer but closed on Christmas day. The value for money was first on the right in the park place & then a quiet stroll to the club. Maybe it was me but Victors blew diesel from every orifice.

Fred ,on the other hand, was a gent & I would certainly make a detour to visit him ,altho the portions got smaller & smaller.

Behind where Fred (the original one) where I think he has gone back to,there is a good Chinese Restaurant in the shopping mall

if you ask fred nicely he will drive you back to the lorry park and also lend you his car if you want to go into town although the stn isnt that far away.he is a good guy i wear his t shirts here in iraq

harry:
Victors was never special. It was a meeting place for the punch-up lads.OK for a beer but closed on Christmas day. The value for money was first on the right in the park place & then a quiet stroll to the club. Maybe it was me but Victors blew diesel from every orifice.

I have always avoided those types of places too Harry, too much diesel smoke and the chance of banging your head on a low bridge :stuck_out_tongue:

the irish fella,eugene and his son who recentley took over victors were only part owners along with the 2 morrocons and one of carr brothers drivers who is based there.2 weeks ago the irish couple went missing along with most of the establishments assets,the police are involved and what is left in the bank has been frozen.victors is still trading as normal.

Is eugene the same irish fella who used to get into victors a lot whilst drivin for a spanish company, think he lived burgos way ?

not sure,he drifted into the area about may time and doubled maned on carr brothers for a while then started to get organised in victors about 2 months ago.

mr big:
the irish fella,eugene and his son who recentley took over victors were only part owners along with the 2 morrocons and one of carr brothers drivers who is based there.2 weeks ago the irish couple went missing along with most of the establishments assets,the police are involved and what is left in the bank has been frozen.victors is still trading as normal.

ooops! oh well :unamused:

agree with other comments here. when i first started going, it was a cracking place too stop, as was the soon too be closed cabbage patch, but just seemed as time went by, the crowd of leather waistcoat, furry clog, wallet on a chain diesel jockies, began too populate these places more and more.
always used too crack me up, at the start of the night, everyone was friends, and as the hours passed by, and the ale went down, you could start too really see who was who, and sooner or later some pair of numpties would end up rolling round the carpark with one another, over who had the better truck, with the more horsepower :unamused:

shame really, coz i have met some cracking lads too, in these places over the years.

chilistrucker:
sooner or later some pair of numpties would end up rolling round the carpark with one another, over who had the better truck, with the more horsepower :unamused:

shame really, coz i have met some cracking lads too, in these places over the years.

I also made plenty of good friends at Victors & the ‘Cabage patch’, as a confirmed none drinker I made a sport out of winding up some of the “fury clog brigade”, one of these was telling me how he could get 12mpg out of his 144 fully frieghted Spain UK Spain. I (naturally) told him that my 420 Eurostar would always return 15, he didn’t believe me any more than I believed him!!

Sunday 10pm, I watched him pull out revving the living daylights out of his big V8 with the cab nodding with every gearchange, more like 5 or 6 mpg than 12, a ■■■■■■ typical of the breed.

Ross.