Very long haul drivers

Hi,

I wonder if I can get some help. I’m motoring journalist working on stories about very long haul drivers operating from the UK. I’m looking for somebody who does heroic distances to Europe in a Mercedes truck. Any guidance would be very welcome.

Gavin

Why a merc ■■?

AH! probably best you learn to speak Bulgarian and communicate with a Herr Betz driver,they use Mercs,see lot’s off them broken down by the side of the road on my Euro travels.

turnip:
Why a merc ■■?

Fair question - we’re planning a series of stories around super long haul drivers that will go across magazines, papers, possibly broadcast and certainly online. It’s a big project and Mercedes are helping with the funding, so we’re looking for Merc drivers. Hope that’s clear, and again, any help much appreciated.

Gavin

Try Pulleyn

Or Betz

Wheel Nut:
Try Pulleyn

Agreed, if its a Merc specific project, Adrian is your man, ultra long jobs, six weeks away minimum, top kit, very impressive company IMO.

Still got a majority of English speakers driving for him, still on GB plates, TBF, quite rare these days…

Stanley Mitchell:

Wheel Nut:
Try Pulleyn

Agreed, if its a Merc specific project, Adrian is your man, ultra long jobs, six weeks away minimum, top kit, very impressive company IMO.

Still got a majority of English speakers driving for him, still on GB plates, TBF, quite rare these days…

That’s hugely helpful, all, thanks very much. I’m wondering (and forgive my ignorance) how far travelled and how adventurous are UK truckers? What are some of the more distant and exotic destinations. Are people still actually going to Doha? Norway? Siberia?

Thanks muchly for input.

Gavin

Hi gav i work for a company where we go to russia turkey greece and as far as needs be… Goin out sooner on a 9 weeker which will see me do all of scandinavia russia and some eastern european countrys. We use daf’s though.

We’ve got a trip to Kazakhstan coming up, we had one in Istanbul earlier this month and we normally do a trip or two to Russia every year. We had a trip to Tel Aviv pencilled in a couple of years back but we lost it at the last minute.

Grampian International Freight have 2 new Mercs, they go all over.

Done a couple off trips to doha in a merc, got some pictures if interested, pm me(unfortunatley back doin uk know)

rcnl:
Done a couple off trips to doha in a merc, got some pictures if interested…

Sure we are, post them up!!

bullitt:

rcnl:
Done a couple off trips to doha in a merc, got some pictures if interested…

Sure we are, post them up!!

Seconded!

i did italy with an old
1632…
about 30 of the horses missing.
no pictures unfortunately.

greg50:
30 of the horses missing.

I bet one of them was Shergar and you sold them for a ‘pretty penny’!!! :wink:

Ross.

acceptme:
Hi gav i work for a company where we go to russia turkey greece and as far as needs be… Goin out sooner on a 9 weeker which will see me do all of scandinavia russia and some eastern european countrys. We use daf’s though.

Thanks very much for that, but unfortunately, it does need to be a trip in a Merc.

Gav

Harry Monk:
We’ve got a trip to Kazakhstan coming up, we had one in Istanbul earlier this month and we normally do a trip or two to Russia every year. We had a trip to Tel Aviv pencilled in a couple of years back but we lost it at the last minute.

Thanks Harry - do you use Mercs?

robv8:
Grampian International Freight have 2 new Mercs, they go all over.

Thanks muchly for the tip robv8

Gav8:

Harry Monk:

Thanks Harry - do you use Mercs?

No, they do not. A Merc is not the best for KZ or Russia, despite what might look good in glossy adverts. Volvo I’m afraid.