Very Keen Driver

One of our drivers cane in at 6am this morning to wash his lorry on his day off prior to going on holiday. :open_mouth:
Admirable, or nutcase?

ah but will it be in the same condition he left it in when he come’s back…

Dediction must not be looked down upon :wink:

nutcase with ocd

Saw a driver today with some fancy looking red and blue unit from Bristol getting loaded at the same place as me.

I arrived after him, he left before me.

Both loads were stacks of metal stillages. I spent my time strapping my load, he spent his time polishing various shiny bits on his unit!

A shiny unit does not a better driver make

Nothing wrong with taking a pride in the presentation of the job, nice to see a well cared for motor.

Wonder if the bloke going on hols was taking some pics to prove any fresh damage when he returns to work.

i’d leave mine clean and tidy, hoping, (but not expecting) to come back to the same.
as for coming in on the day i was about to jet off, no thanks.

chilistrucker:
i’d leave mine clean and tidy, hoping, (but not expecting) to come back to the same.

This ^. I would say the blokes nuts or he has a very brown nose. Why didn’t he just wash it when he finished his last shift, why come in especially?

Nutcase :unamused: Wouldn’t surprise me if he even buys his owning cleaning materials!

Maybe if you had looked after your truck when you had one and you did a few more loads a week instead of plodding along down the road behind a Tesco truck they’d let you have one again… just saying :grimacing:

hammer:

chilistrucker:

This ^. I would say the blokes nuts or he has a very brown nose. Why didn’t he just wash it when he finished his last shift, why come in especially?

He was muckshifting and didn’t heed several drivers’ warnings about the load sticking. He let it build up and was bewildered why so much was stuck in. While he was shovelling, the others (who’d done the same number of loads) had washed off and gone home.
He’s not so much of a brown nose, he’s nice enough but wont listen to advice and warnings.

Plodding along in his 6 wheeler or using a jumped up trac -air loading â– â– â– â– â– â– , he always has a moan, gives us lads on plant moving /ops a bad name. Have you seen his picture in the old timers?

A face for radio (radiohead) if i ever saw one, must of hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down. Bet he does not get his feet wet on the holiday … Tide too scared to come in.
Me I’m a babe magnet :wink: and I will tell you somethimg you wont believe, but I was born ugly .

Just my opinion

hammer:

chilistrucker:

I agree with this. Although I finished up with my firm yesterday and washed it and give the cab a clean before I finished.

Do you want a medal Kev? :stuck_out_tongue:

mucksavaga:
Plodding along in his 6 wheeler or using a jumped up trac -air loading [zb], he always has a moan, gives us lads on plant moving /ops a bad name. Have you seen his picture in the old timers?

A face for radio (radiohead) if i ever saw one, must of hit every branch of the ugly tree on the way down. Bet he does not get his feet wet on the holiday … Tide too scared to come in.
Me I’m a babe magnet :wink: and I will tell you somethimg you wont believe, but I was born ugly .

Just my opinion

And you have the eyesight of Stevie Wonder; Where in the op did I complain? I posted a fact and asked for opinions. Talking of plodding, I take it you’re one of professions ambassadors who can’t drive under 56mph?

Muckaway:

mucksavaga:
Plodding along in his 6 wheeler or using a jumped up trac -air loading [zb], he always has a moan, gives us lads on plant moving /ops a bad name. Have you seen his picture in the old timers?

Just my opinion

And you have the eyesight of Stevie Wonder; Where in the op did I complain? I posted a fact and asked for opinions. Talking of plodding, I take it you’re one of professions ambassadors who can’t drive under 56mph?

DO you ,or do you not, post on a public forum tales about your fellow workers?
As for 56 mph I haven’t a clue what speed i’m doing generally, I go by my revs as i have pulled the fuse… :open_mouth:

bigvern1:
Do you want a medal Kev? :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah a Jim never flicked it for me one :smiley:

I think in your case…He did! :wink:

It’s called having a little pride in your job.

stagedriver:
It’s called having a little pride in your job.

Show it during work hours then?